Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Question about storing jojoba oil mixed with rosehip seed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I mixed 3 parts jojoba oil, 1 part rosehip seed oil and the tetra. ascorbyl. Do I need to store this in the fridge or can I just keep it in a drawer in my bathroom? Thanks in advance!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you can put it in the fridge because then everytime you use it you will need to wait for the jojoba oil to become liquid again. I think. I am no expert here though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Wild Cat. Sad to say, I did not even think about that part! Laughing
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
When I mix up oils, I only do it in small amounts and then leave it out. I know that rosehip seed oil doesn't have as long a shelf life as jojoba, but I'm sure that I've read that when you mix it with a more stable oil, it prolongs it's potency.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Great, thanks Tam!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I saw wholefood sell rosehip with jojoba oil. But, I really want to try rosehip from saffronrouge since it's 100% pure and organic.
Does this mean, the saffronrouge one will not last that long since it is not mixed with jojoba. Any suggestion which one should I get?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby - I would just say to store the rosehip in the fridge in between uses.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
I saw wholefood sell rosehip with jojoba oil. But, I really want to try rosehip from saffronrouge since it's 100% pure and organic.
Does this mean, the saffronrouge one will not last that long since it is not mixed with jojoba. Any suggestion which one should I get?

fishzebby,
Pure rosehip oil has a shelf life of 6 months after purchasing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:

Rosehip seed oil has a fairly short shelf life, so it is advisable to store it in the refridgerator to prolong it's potency.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Defintitely store Rosehip oil in the fridge in between use no matter if its organic or not. It will keep much longer. Or buy smaller quantities which will be used up quickly. If you are buying it in plastic bottles you may want to consider switching it to a dark amber glass bottle. As for buying organic Rosehip Oil, you can find it from many retailers and wholesalers. There are loads of great distributors out there. You just need to do your research and find one that you trust and like.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I would store the bulk of it in the fridge and decant a small amount from that to be used every couple of days.

I mixed up a 4 oz batch of rose hip and jojoba, and added a few drops each of some essential oils that are good for rosacea (helichrysum, lavendar, chamomile, etc.). I kept it in my bathroom. It went bad after just 3 weeks and I'm so bummed! Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Didn't want to start a new thread, so will ask here. Does anyone know if its okay to mix rosehip seed oil with advocado oil? I get really confused with the carrier essential thing. Thanks so much. Rae
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm no expert, but I think the two would work well together.

razinkane wrote:
Didn't want to start a new thread, so will ask here. Does anyone know if its okay to mix rosehip seed oil with advocado oil? I get really confused with the carrier essential thing. Thanks so much. Rae

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |