Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

No JM Eyelash until summer 2007
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jsmd
5% products discount

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
This is listed on the Make Me Heal site, a forum for plastic surgery, skincare, etc., that also sells products. When I looked up JM eyelash to see if they had an expected delivery date as of yet this is what it said:

"Availability Date: Due to the delay in approval from the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Jan Marini Intervention Eyelash is not expected to be approved until Summer 2007." Sad
jsmd
5% products discount

Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
This was posted on the YTF Spectacukar Skin forum:

"I was talking to a JM sales rep last week and she told me that the catalyst is the ingredient in glaucoma eye drops--just a smaller amount. I asked her about side effects and she said, no, b/c smaller amount. I wrote down the name of it--have to go look.
I was at my doctor's office the next day and was told there that it was pulled off the market because they did not have approval to use that ingredient. They told me that JM either has to reformulate or get approval. They also told me that some people had experienced a drop in eye pressure because of the JM lash."

I didn't hear this firsthand, just read it so I don't know if it is true, but I have thought the FDA pulled JM eyelash due to using an unapproved ingredient that is prescrition only. I guess I'll order the Revitalash since my JM will be long gone by summer. I know they probably contain the same unapproved ingredient so Revitalash may get pulled soon. I am really upset that JM has lied about why the product has been off the market so long, using "relabeling" as a excuse.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Dang.. that stinks. Can RL get pulled too even though they're FDA approved?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
I knew it! Thats why I bought 2 tubes off ebay last year,I am glad I did,now watch the price on ebay go up now that everyone knows its not going to be available and if it is.....it will be reformulated and may not be as effective! Sad
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Its been going up on Ebay because there arent as many tubes available,existing stock is being sold off. Completed listings show Buy it now price at 300!I heard JM had 20,000 tubes in the warehouse-she should have a 3rd party start selling them on ebay to recoup her loss!
jsmd
5% products discount

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:18 am      Reply with quote
This is the disclaimer on the Revitalash website:

"Disclaimer/Disclosure: RevitaLash™ labeling, advertising, promotion, offering for sale, sale, or distribution does not represent, that RevitaLash™ promotes hair growth or prevents hair loss for such purpose under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. § 301 et seq. Specifically, RevitaLash™ is not intended to stop, prevent, cure, relieve, reverse or reduce hair loss and RevitaLash™ is not intended to promote the growth of hair where hair has already been lost. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR ANY TYPE OF "HAIR GROWTH" PRODUCT. We make no claims either explicit or implied that this product will have any structural or functional effect on the body. Specifically there is no claim that RevitaLash™ will actually cause eyelashes to grow. RevitaLash™ does not purport to be or compare itself to Rogaine™* and Minoxidil™ in stopping, preventing, curing, relieving, reversing or reducing hair loss. * Rogaine is a registered trademark of the Upjohn Company."

This is how they and JM get around needing FDA approval. If they claim a product does not change the "structural or functional effect on the body", it does not have to be FDA approved. I think JM got caught, so to speak, by the FDA making claims and they then found out the product contained an ingredient that is prescription only and not approved for OTC use. That's my take on it. I think it's strange that Revitalash DOES claim their product grows lashes, then turns around and puts a disclaimer on their site stating "specifically there is no claim that RevitaLash™ will actually cause eyelashes to grow." Guess it's a legal dodge. Still, I am going to order some in case the FDA comes after them next! Then the ebay gougers will have us by the rear-end again!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
okaay .. do we think we need to stock up on revitalash,just in case, then?

what's everyone's opinion?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
er...is the pope Catholic? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
so it's terribly terribly obvious that we need to stock up.

awfully sorry,lucyluc.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Bad news for JM,great news for carekate(is that her name?) She is going to have a lot of friends...I will need to start sucking up to her.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Oh, for crying out loud! I ordered a tube through EDS months ago and have been waiting very patiently--now I might never get the "real thing"? Sheesh. I don't even think I'll bother with the Revitalash if it might be pulled off the market too and stick with Lucia and plain old castor oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
EDS emailed me last week that the JM Lash product would be available in February. (they were notified by JM)
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I received a call from a spa that is placing their order on Monday. We are 30 miles from the Jan Marini headquarters.

I would post more but right now I'm feeling too sorry for myself. I'm not looking for sympathy so please no flames.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20146

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal? Will it be the reformulated JM product that will be available in February?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that the real problem is not the FDA, it's allergan, who manufactures the glaucoma med -- FDA didn't seem to care until Allergan threw a fit.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme - I do not know. I have emailed EDS with that same question. I will let you know what they say.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I got an email from another skincare site (can't remember which) saying JM eyelash would be available in February.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
All those BS skin care site have been saying the same thing for months, "oh its definitely coming out in the beginning of Dec., then its"definitely coming out before the first"-They dont know and HELL I dont even think JM knows! Shock Rjez if you are 30 miles from JM, I heard she has 20,000 tubes sitting in her warehouse, lets just do a breakin and take it! Very Happy
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
mmm Neutral ok the average price on ebay is 250 a tube for JM....times 20,000 tubes in the warehouse thats 5 million dollars...honestly I wouldnt be surprised if someone ripped them...I wonder if she has a guard watching over her valuable stash Embarassed !
jsmd
5% products discount

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I agree Luckluc. All these skin care sites and spas keep dangling the carrot and saying it will be in soon. I ordered in late October from one place that charged my card even though it had not shipped. They told me they had to charge my card to be on the waiting list. First I was told it would be be in stock in November, then late December. I canceled my order at this point. Other sites since then have been saying early Jan, then late Jan, then Feb. As I posted the Make Me Heal site now says summer 2007! I think the newly released JM (assuming it ever comes out) won't work as well if the FDA forces them remove the "secret" ingredient.

I ordered the Revitalash last night. I was doing a search for the best price and noticed some sites are already saying Revitalash is on temporary backorder form the manufacturer. The actual Revitalash site did not have a backorder. I ordered from Make Me Heal b/c shipping was free and I found a 5% off coupon (not much but every little bit helps). I hope I don't get an email saying it is on backorder. If you want Revitalash I'd order it now while you still can. I just hope it works as well as the JM did.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
jsmd you can "buy it now" on ebay for 99 free shipping,check feedback first. I have JM on backorder with lovely skin for 127 since last Nov but I still covered my butt by buying 2 off ebay.If the formulation has been changed I dont think I will buy it till its been out there long enough to see if results are the same. I really think if anyone really wants it...just buy it off ebay for 200 just check the feedback! Who knows the govt just might prohibit ebay from even selling it soon, I am thinking of getting another tube as backup if I can get a good date onit.,I dont want the new formulation.now...if we just knew for sure the secret ingredient we could just make it ourself and tell the govt and JM to jump in a lake.
swissmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Was there any more information regarding the drop in eye pressure? Long lashes may not be worth a problem with eyes. Maybe that was just a rumor.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I received a call from a spa that is placing their order on Monday. We are 30 miles from the Jan Marini headquarters.

I would post more but right now I'm feeling too sorry for myself. I'm not looking for sympathy so please no flames.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20146

Ro, your EDS link doesn't connect to anything! I'm dying with curiosity! HELP!
jsmd
5% products discount

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
swissmiss - no more info on the eye pressure. That was all she posted.

luckluc - the "secret ingredient" is supposedly a glaucoma drug, most likely Travatan. Eyelash growth is one of the side effects, as is darkening of the eyelid and iris. My eyelids did become darker with the JM. Some women on the YTF skin forum were going to try and get an Rx for Travatan and mix with castor oil, but I doubt a doctor would give an Rx for this if you don't have glaucoma. I personally would not risk it, since I don't know what % of the med to mix with castor oil to get an effective result without causing damage to healthy eyes.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
A friend of mine has a doctor who told her about the Travatan, and gave her a prescription for it!!! BUT....maybe because it was full strength, some must have dripped on to her cheek bone and she grew some hairs there! She also didn't get more/thicker lashes. Maybe it all migrated. But now she's using Revitalash and her lashes are amazing! I thought Travatan was in Revitalash also. ???
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |