Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
which cleanser should i try next? sisley, babor, Dr H, Erno?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:19 am      Reply with quote
i'm using IPSA cleansing oil and La Pairie foam cleanser now. The IPSA cleansing oil is coming to an end and i can't decide what to try next!

So far, i've shortlisted these:
1) Sisley cleansing milk (sage or lily?)
2) Babor Hyol and Phytosensitive
3) Dr H. cleansing cream
4) Erno laszlo soap

i've normal to combination skin that is sensitive, most SAs tell me "dehydrated on the outside, oily on the inside". cheeks have pretty large pores and flushes very easily.

any advice and input would be very very much appreciated!

thanks!
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I suggest the Babor hy-öl with the phytoactive combination (at lest you should try the combination). I have some of the same problems as you (sensitive and combination skin) and found that Babor really make my skin normal. It is the one cleanser I cannot do without. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I'll second the Babor cleansing oil. I guess you are using your oil at night and La Prarie foaming in the morning? In that case, and if you are planning on using for make-up removal, then go with Babor.

If you can afford it, also get the Dr. H. Cleansing cream as it is nice to use at night if not wearing make-up (that was my personal experience with it, anyway)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I have the same skin type as you, in fact I could not have described it better, and I have had great success with the Sisley Cleansing Milk with Lily. It takes off all my make up including mascara and leaves my skin feeling clean (not tight), balanced and glowing. I follow up with the Floral Toner which smells heavenly.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I would say to pick the one that EDS is selling so you can get samples of other lines. Who knows, you may discover another brand that is better.
With Sisely, it is full of botanicles but I think their line is waxy and could cause blackheads.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Schnee wrote:
I suggest the Babor hy-öl with the phytoactive combination (at lest you should try the combination). I have some of the same problems as you (sensitive and combination skin) and found that Babor really make my skin normal. It is the one cleanser I cannot do without. Very Happy

dear Schnee, thanks for your input. i would not have even considered the combination if not for you! reason being the shu oils were always too drying for me.

do you use the Babor Hy-ol Cleanser or the Soothing Hy-ol Cleanser? ( i read the reviews on MUA and couldn't tell which Hy-ol the girls were raving about).

thanks!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
I'll second the Babor cleansing oil. I guess you are using your oil at night and La Prarie foaming in the morning? In that case, and if you are planning on using for make-up removal, then go with Babor.

If you can afford it, also get the Dr. H. Cleansing cream as it is nice to use at night if not wearing make-up (that was my personal experience with it, anyway)

hey tiger_tim, you got it almost right on! i use the foam cleanser in the morning but i double cleanser at night with either a oil and foam cleanser or a milk and foam cleanser. grin. i don't use make-up normally either.

do you use the Babor Hy-ol Cleanser or the Soothing Hy-ol Cleanser?

for the Dr H. cleansing cream, do you think it's ok that i use this and stay with my other LP productS? i was told that if we wanted to see effect for Dr H products, we would have to use their entire line!

ps. i was told that the UK Dr H. website shows us the "rolling and pressing" method of cleaning but never managed to find it. please do let me know if you come across any articles that describe the rolling and pressing method.
thanks!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
I have the same skin type as you, in fact I could not have described it better, and I have had great success with the Sisley Cleansing Milk with Lily. It takes off all my make up including mascara and leaves my skin feeling clean (not tight), balanced and glowing. I follow up with the Floral Toner which smells heavenly.

hey smoothskin, it's good to know that my skin type is pretty "normal"! grin.

i tried a sample packget of the sisley cleansing milk with sage - SA recommended it since she determines that i have combination skin due to the large pores!

i'll see if i can find a sample of the lily to see which one is better. i loved the sage cleanser but ouch! sisley is even worse on my pocket than Lp!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Skincare"]I would say to pick the one that EDS is selling so you can get samples of other lines. Who knows, you may discover another brand that is better.
quote]

hehe! i didn't think of that! i hope i don't find more lemmings! it'll take ages to finish all the products i want to try as it is!
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:

do you use the Babor Hy-ol Cleanser or the Soothing Hy-ol Cleanser? ( i read the reviews on MUA and couldn't tell which Hy-ol the girls were raving about).

thanks!

Snowstar, I use the normal hy-öl, but I'm thinking about trying the soothing one. You can also alternate the hy-öl with different phytoactives.You should try to get some samples, it isn't the cheapest of cleansers. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
grin, i know! it's hard to get samples here in singapore. i believe they are only 1 or 2 salons they carry them Sad was thinking of ordering of EDS.
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
i've oily to combination skin that is sensitive too.I used Sisley cleansing sage milk twice a day .My friend who has normal to combination skin recommend me to try Dr H. cleansing cream

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
tiger_tim wrote:

hey tiger_tim, you got it almost right on! i use the foam cleanser in the morning but i double cleanser at night with either a oil and foam cleanser or a milk and foam cleanser. grin. i don't use make-up normally either.

do you use the Babor Hy-ol Cleanser or the Soothing Hy-ol Cleanser?

for the Dr H. cleansing cream, do you think it's ok that i use this and stay with my other LP productS? i was told that if we wanted to see effect for Dr H products, we would have to use their entire line!

ps. i was told that the UK Dr H. website shows us the "rolling and pressing" method of cleaning but never managed to find it. please do let me know if you come across any articles that describe the rolling and pressing method.
thanks!

I used the Hy-ol cleanser, paired with the Reactivating phytoactive.

As for Dr. H CC. I would not go using the LP foaming right after it. But you would have no trouble just using it alone at night 2-3 times a week. I found it a good cleanser to use if skin was a bit dehydrated (and in summer I probably could have gone without moisturizer)

In your case, since you do pretty intensive cleaning at night (oil + foam), why dont you try replacing your morning foaming cleanse with teh Dr.H. It would be much gentler on your skin I think and you would enjoy benefits of the cleanser long-term.

I dont believe that you have to use the full line of Dr. H to see the full benefits, but I think it helps if your entire routine was made up of those kind of natural products

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
i'm using IPSA cleansing oil and La Pairie foam cleanser now. The IPSA cleansing oil is coming to an end and i can't decide what to try next!

So far, i've shortlisted these:
1) Sisley cleansing milk (sage or lily?)
2) Babor Hyol and Phytosensitive
3) Dr H. cleansing cream
4) Erno laszlo soap

i've normal to combination skin that is sensitive, most SAs tell me "dehydrated on the outside, oily on the inside". cheeks have pretty large pores and flushes very easily.

any advice and input would be very very much appreciated!

thanks!

I have tried all of the above cleansers & I would have to agree with the majority & also say go with either Dr H or Babor...both in terms of quality & price! The Sisley cleansers are quite nice, especially the cleansing milk with sage as it rinses off well & leaves no residue, the lily one is quite rich & it left my skin greasy. But they are both too expensive for a cleanser imo! Speak to the hand I didn't like Erno Laszlo at all. Confused
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Safire, thanks soooo much for a review!!! i can't believe my luck that someone has tried all the 4 cleansers i narrowed down!

thank you so much! i'm more than happy not to try the Sisley first Razz

i'll think of someway to incorporate Dr H in the routine since the LP foam cleanser lasts a life time. hehe.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
hehe... I was wondering next for my cleanser too. Good to know this thread. I did try Dr.H and I love it.
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
i don't know which one is good, but i do know sisley is not suitable for u. it's better for normal to dry.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
queenmary wrote:
i don't know which one is good, but i do know sisley is not suitable for u. it's better for normal to dry.

oh, the SA recommened the cleansing milk with sage for combination/oily skin. thanks for the reminder though Smile
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
thanks tiger_tim Smile

i'm also glad this thread helped someone else!
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
queenmary wrote:

oh, the SA recommened the cleansing milk with sage for combination/oily skin. thanks for the reminder though Smile

sage more bad, i think u'd better use some foam cleaner, from some japanese brands.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
queenmary wrote:

sage more bad, i think u'd better use some foam cleaner, from some japanese brands.

hi, why is the sage even worse? i was told the cleansing milk is one of their best seller products. MUA always has great reviews.

Isn't it lily for dryer skin and sage for the oily/combi skin?
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
queenmary wrote:

hi, why is the sage even worse? i was told the cleansing milk is one of their best seller products. MUA always has great reviews.

Isn't it lily for dryer skin and sage for the oily/combi skin?

sure it is, but when i use it, i feel sage is very oily, it like sage is for more dryer skin. i think u can get some sample from the store, just try it first, if it's good, ok. if not, save money for others.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Try Ifeelprettyproducts.com. Kim just created 2 new face cleaners that I too want to try. So far, her products are awesome!
catspaw
5% products discount

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using the Sisley (Lily) cleanser, and love it. It leaves my skin clean, feeling very soft and supple. While some of the Sisley products have cause breakouts for me, this one does not. It is, however, pricey for my tastes and I will try a different cleanser simply based on that fact.

I have tried the Dr Haushka, but find it a bit thick and feel it does not rinse off well.

Primavera Natural Balance makes a nice cleanser - I find it just ok...

My next try will probably be Sothys. Anyone out there familiar with their cleansers?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Catspaw,

i've tried their soothing cleanser, and found it decent but nothing wonderful. they are very generous with samples and i suggest you try one out first.

like most milk cleansers, it is creamy and has no foaming properties. after rinsing with water, i feel there is a layer left on my skin. after sometime, i got used to it. phytomer cleansing milk didn't give me this feeling. i like the scent of darphin cleansing milk better Razz
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |