Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Frustration w/ magazine orders- need advice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Last summer I ordered about 15 or so different home design magazine titles from various online discount magazine vendors (which I found throughwww.magazinepricesearch.com). It wasn't until we moved into a different rental home (while we rebuild our own home) and had to change our mailing address with all the magazines we subscribe to that I realized that I hadn't even received three of the titles I ordered yet. I looked through my records and found that the three titles that I have not received were purchased from the same online magazine vendor:www.magsforless.com. I contacted each publisher and they have no record of my name on file. I HAVE SENT SEVERAL EMAILS TO MAGSFORLESS.COM IN THE LAST MONTH AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY RESPONSES. I AM VERY CONCERNED BECAUSE MY BANK STATEMENTS SHOW THAT I WAS CHARGED A TOTAL OF $69.72 FOR MY ORDERS WITH THEM. Mad Mad Mad I even emailed magazinepricesearch.com's "Customer Service issues with a listed merchant" email address a week ago to ask them for help and advice but have not heard back from them.

What should I do? Do you have any suggestions about what I should do since they are not responding to me? Confused The only way I can contact them is through email because they do not have a phone number. Otherwise, I would try calling them.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked the website and coudn't find a phone number anywhere -- not very reassuring. Sad Can you still dispute the charge on your credit card?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Can you still dispute the charge on your credit card?

That's what I was wondering... but I used a debit card with my bank. Do you think you can you still dispute a charge? Confused

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Is it the kind of debit card that can also be used as a credit card? If so, I think that you can.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Is it the kind of debit card that can also be used as a credit card? If so, I think that you can.

Yes, it is. I'll have to give my bank a call tomorrow and find out for sure. Thanks. Smile

tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
I hope that they will refund your money. Good luck! Smile Let us know how it turns out.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Magazine companies can be quite shifty. I have paid for quite a few subscriptions that I have never received or were never received by their intended subscriber. Several were gifts for others, so imagine how embarassing that can be!
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
i order elle magazine through magforless.com
and i never received anything from it.
this was 6 months ago. sad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
raindrop921 wrote:
i order elle magazine through magforless.com
and i never received anything from it.
this was 6 months ago. sad.

You too, eh? Did you ever attempt to contact them about it?

raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
i did. I emailed them and I got a customer service response thatthere was a delay and i should click this link if i want my refund back or to wait for the magazine. Iwanted my money back but i never received it. THis happened to my friend too, we ordered it at the same time and he didn't get his magazines either. It was funny, because we order the magazine on that website, the opinions were spilt half and half. Half of which said they received the magazine and it was awsome blah blah blah and the other half was how slow it was and how soime never got it. So i guess my friend and i just took a gamble...
Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Update.... I called my bank and I was advised to fill out a dispute form at my local branch. Only it might not be accepted since the charge to my account occurred over 60 days ago Rolling Eyes . The lady I spoke with said that under my circumstances they might go after it. So I guess I will go ahead and fill out the form and hope they help me get my money back.

I wonder if there is any way to report this magazine vendor company? Does a business have to belong to the Better Business Bureau in order for someone to report it to them? Or can you report a business to them regardless? Or is there another organization that oversees business practices?

I'm so sick and tired of people cheating others for their own benefit. Mad

tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hopefully, the bank will go after it. It's just not right that the magazine company could get away with just stealing your money. Mad
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
MAGSFORLESS.COM
14200 Jewel Ave
Flushing, NY 11367

Original Business Start Date: 1/1/2003
Principal: Joel Simkhai, President
Phone Number: (800) 470-8820
Additional Phone Numbers:
(888) 259-8401
(888) 720-6298
(888) 720-6298
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Hope that will help!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
MAGSFORLESS.COM
14200 Jewel Ave
Flushing, NY 11367

Original Business Start Date: 1/1/2003
Principal: Joel Simkhai, President
Phone Number: (800) 470-8820
Additional Phone Numbers:
(888) 259-8401
(888) 720-6298
(888) 720-6298

Wow! Shock Thanks, fishzebby! How did you manage to aquire all that info?

fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I always read about finance or buying info in fatwallet.com. the site has been like a dictionaty for me for the past two years. Hope it helps, otherwise we might go with consumer complaint.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
btw, I also saw a posting complaining the same problem about this seller in fatwallet.
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
The same thing happened to me with Blue Dolphin -- I ordered a ton of magazines and never received most, certainly not after the first month or two.

In my case, though, I figured I wouldn't read the 5 million magazines I signed up for, plus I guess I'm kind of lazy, so I let it go, too. But I commend you for following up, and good luck. Smile
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I've bought all of my magazine subscriptions on ebay. Great prices and I've never had a problem with not receiving them. I've even done a renewal on my Lucky magazine subscription.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
I've bought all of my magazine subscriptions on ebay. Great prices and I've never had a problem with not receiving them. I've even done a renewal on my Lucky magazine subscription.

Tam, do you have a particular seller? I had NO idea you could get magazine subscriptions on eBay! Well, I suppose if you can get a kidney on eBay, magazine subscriptions aren't so out of the ordinary now are they?! Wink
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Kidney?! My word...

I had no idea about the mag subscriptions on ebay either. It makes sense that you wouldn't have as many issues receiving them since a huge part of a seller's success is based on their rating which is determined by their customers. I'll have to check this out!

Btw, I still gotta give this company a call since someone supplied their number...

tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
tam wrote:

Tam, do you have a particular seller? I had NO idea you could get magazine subscriptions on eBay! Well, I suppose if you can get a kidney on eBay, magazine subscriptions aren't so out of the ordinary now are they?! Wink

MermaidGirl, you can get GREAT deals on magazine subscriptions on ebay! Very Happy

I went through my paypal records to find the two sellers that I've purchased from (for a total of 5 subscriptions) but neither of them is a registered user any more. Sad

What I did, was to look at the feedback and choose a seller. Then I ordered one subscription and waited the 6-8 weeks (or whatever it was) for it to arrive. Once I received the first issue, I felt much more comfortable with the whole process and then went ahead and ordered more from the same seller. I would never pay the regular subscription rate again! Very Happy
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I tried eBay for a subscription several months ago. The whole year was about $4-5 USD -- much cheaper than my usual magazine broker I was previously using (with excellent results). I figured not the worst thing if I tried this route and never got the issues. Well, my first issue arrived quicker than the seller quoted in the listing! I will check out eBay at renewal time (I subscribe to several different mags).

The broker I've used is http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/index.html -- I've always gotten my magazines, but some went into effect more slowly than others.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
tam wrote:

amnis wrote:
Kidney?! My word...

A very reliable person (an attorney I used to work with) told me that yes, indeed, there was a human kidney placed up for auction on eBay. The bids got quite high until eBay shut down the auction. Its usually the story people tell when they say these words "You know, if it can't be found on eBay, it probably doesn't exist - you can find ANYTHING there!" and someone else says "ANYTHING?" and the first person says, "Oh, yeah, even a human kidney. One time on eBay ... blah, blah, blah ..."

Quote:
A kidney fetches $2700 in Turkey. According to the October 2002 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association, this is a high price. An Indian or Iraqi kidney enriches its former owner by a mere $1000. Wealthy clients later pay for the rare organ up to $150,000.

CBS News aired, five years ago, a documentary, filmed by Antenna 3 of Spain, in which undercover reporters in Mexico were asked, by a priest acting as a middleman for a doctor, to pay close to 1 million dollars for a single kidney. An auction of a human kidney on eBay in February 2000 drew a bid of $100,000 before the company put a stop to it. Another auction in September 1999 drew $5.7 million - though, probably, merely as a prank.

Here's a link to information on the story:
http://samvak.tripod.com/brief-organ01.html
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:
tam wrote:

amnis wrote:
Kidney?! My word...

A very reliable person (an attorney I used to work with) told me that yes, indeed, there was a human kidney placed up for auction on eBay. The bids got quite high until eBay shut down the auction. Its usually the story people tell when they say these words "You know, if it can't be found on eBay, it probably doesn't exist - you can find ANYTHING there!" and someone else says "ANYTHING?" and the first person says, "Oh, yeah, even a human kidney. One time on eBay ... blah, blah, blah ..."

Quote:
A kidney fetches $2700 in Turkey. According to the October 2002 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association, this is a high price. An Indian or Iraqi kidney enriches its former owner by a mere $1000. Wealthy clients later pay for the rare organ up to $150,000.

CBS News aired, five years ago, a documentary, filmed by Antenna 3 of Spain, in which undercover reporters in Mexico were asked, by a priest acting as a middleman for a doctor, to pay close to 1 million dollars for a single kidney. An auction of a human kidney on eBay in February 2000 drew a bid of $100,000 before the company put a stop to it. Another auction in September 1999 drew $5.7 million - though, probably, merely as a prank.

Here's a link to information on the story:
http://samvak.tripod.com/brief-organ01.html

Wow! Didn't realize that....

marci65 wrote:
I tried eBay for a subscription several months ago. The whole year was about $4-5 USD -- much cheaper than my usual magazine broker I was previously using (with excellent results). I figured not the worst thing if I tried this route and never got the issues. Well, my first issue arrived quicker than the seller quoted in the listing! I will check out eBay at renewal time (I subscribe to several different mags).

The broker I've used is http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/index.html -- I've always gotten my magazines, but some went into effect more slowly than others.

www.magazinepricesearch.com is where I found a good deal for magazines I ordered through magsforless.com....

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |