Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
RAVE and a HALF! ~ * Garden of Wisdom Cleansing Oil ~ *
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:58 am      Reply with quote
I have to say, I love the Garden of Wisdom cleansing oil! I have been using the trial size for a few weeks now and it seems to dislodge more gunk from my pores (i can feel the little cysts coming out) and Markey's ingredients are certainly more pure and simple than DHC's (which is the only cleansing oil I have ever used). Like DHC's, the GoW cleansing oil, completely removes all makeup and sunscreen from my face and leaves it feeling smooth. sometimes i follow up with a gentle secondary cleanser but i don't find it necessary at all.

I do however, prefer the pump from DHC's to the 2 oz flip bottle top. I don't know what kind of bottle Markey uses for her full size cleansing oil though, so I am gonna save the DHC bottle for dispensing.

Having said that, once I am out of DHC, i am definitely gonna purchase from GoW. It is a definite steal at about $8.40 for a 4 oz and $2.85 for the 2 oz trial size compared to $24 for 6.7oz of the DHC.

The ingredients and description from GoW:

Quote:
Ingredients:
Organic Olive Oil
Peg-7 Olivate (this is what makes it water soluble)
Almond Oil
Hazelnut Oil
Alkyl Benzoate
Hydrogenateed Vegetable Powder (thickener)
Rosemary Oil Extract

NOTE: this cleanser is great for ANY skin type
although if you lean towards oily skin, after
cleansing to remove your make-up and
and grime you may want to follow up
with the Castille Cleanser to remove
and possible residual oil. :-]

You can find the cleansing oil here:

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/4013927/3918227.htm

Kristen Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the review!! I've got some cleansing oil left from my trip to Asia, but when it's all up, I'll give Markey's a try.

I also like to use her Skin Friendly Cleanser as a follow-up to cleansing oil!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:46 am      Reply with quote
It sounds good, thanks for the review.

I must get over there to GOW they obviously have a lot of great stuff.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Too funny, I just ordered this yesterday, w/o seeing this review. Now I am so glad. I also use DHC and it is just pricey considering I seem to go through it pretty quickly. I have loved everything I have bought from GOW - yeah!!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for great review and the link Smile
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I had a really bad experience with this cleansing oil. It dried out and irritated my skin. Markey told me that most probably my skin couldn't tolerate PEG-7. So, it's better to get a sample size first.
I have to add: Markey's CS is awesome: she offered me refund or store credit for this product.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have the GoW Cleansing Oil too and I have to agree with skincareaddicted, that it's a great cleanser. It's very gentle and removes every trace of makeup. I love how soft my skin feels after using it. Very Happy

And the price is great!
MarkeyGoW
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kristen and all..

Thanks!!

Many hugs,
Markey Smile
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't see where anyone mentioned if the full-size has a pump or not? Please let me know. I'm interested in trying a sample first (I know it doesn't have a pump).
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the full size bottle has a pump. Smile
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for reviewing this skincareaddicted. I was just looking for an oil to remove waterproof mascara. After reading your review, I ordered a full size from GOW.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad to hear the full size comes in a pump.

I understand what you mean about going through a lot of cleansing oil. I usually wear sunblock on my chest and neck so getting it all off is essential if i don't want any bumps forming in those areas, and DHC does get quite expensive!

sorry your skin couldn't tolerate the PEG-7 jumpingball. I think I have seen that ingredient in almost all rinse-off cleansing oils. Markey is such a sweetheart. I joined the GoW forum recently and you can ask her anything and she answers immediately. I love her customer service and personality!

Ninetynine--hope you like it.

your welcome everybody. I am just still so ecstatic about finding a cleansing oil that doesn't break the bank Laughing .

Kristen Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted

I received the cleansing oil from GOW. With all the other cleansing oil that I have used eg Shu Uemura, the oil turns into a milky sort of film after water is added to it. I did not get this with the GOW cleansing oil.

Am I doing something wrong?

I ordered the 4 oz size (which I assume is the normal size) but it did not come with a pump - I only got a flip top.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing. Really interested.. Surprised
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered some oil samples from Markey last week and should get them soon. Markey’s customer service IMO is impeccable.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Is the cleanser this for oily or dry skin? Does anyone know how much GOW charges for shipping? I want to buy their argan oil, too. Someone said it's better than Emu.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
skincareaddicted

I received the cleansing oil from GOW. With all the other cleansing oil that I have used eg Shu Uemura, the oil turns into a milky sort of film after water is added to it. I did not get this with the GOW cleansing oil.

I ordered the 4 oz size (which I assume is the normal size) but it did not come with a pump - I only got a flip top.

Hello Ninetynine,

I went to test it and i paid attention to the color after cleansing just now and you're right, when rinsing, it isn't as milky as my DHC, but it still is definitely cloudy.

I still just have the trial size and have not ordered the full sized version yet (i have to get through my DHC bottle first), but I have heard it comes in a pump bottle. Does it say cleansing oil on the bottle? Does it look and feel like a cleansing oil? and was the cleansing power the same?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Where have I been? I just heard of Garden of Wisdom yesterday & keep finding positive reviews. Thanks for another push in their direction. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
skincareaddicted

Hi Ninetynine!
Are you an international customer? If so, I package the cleansers differently to avoid leakage. The bottle is different and it does have a flip cap. If not, I can see what happened for you. Also, as for the milky effect, if you can post the ingredient list for me I will gladly let you know what is in there to cause this. Perhaps an emulsifier/conditioner of some sort. Some products contain a mild surfactant as well which will cause the milky effect.
Otherwise, how is the Cleansing Oil working for your skin type?
Talk to you soon!
Markey Smile
Garden of Wisdom
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
MarkeyGoW wrote:
Ninetynine wrote:
skincareaddicted

Hi Ninetynine!
Are you an international customer? If so, I package the cleansers differently to avoid leakage. The bottle is different and it does have a flip cap. If not, I can see what happened for you. Also, as for the milky effect, if you can post the ingredient list for me I will gladly let you know what is in there to cause this. Perhaps an emulsifier/conditioner of some sort. Some products contain a mild surfactant as well which will cause the milky effect.
Otherwise, how is the Cleansing Oil working for your skin type?
Talk to you soon!
Markey Smile
Garden of Wisdom

Hi Markey

Yes, I am an international customer.

I used a bit more of the oil last night and it is turning a milky colour now. Must have not used enough last time. Otherwise it seems fine. I basically want to use this oil to remove mascara. Would this be a suitable product?

You included a sample of HA with the package. However, I can't find this in your website. The label just says the HA solution with seaweed and pearl powder.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ninetynine,

I use the cleansing oil to remove mascara all the time (markey's and DHC's) and both remove mascara completely for me with no irritation.

I see, the mystery seems solved.

The HA serum you got a sample of is Markey's new one, I love it! mixed in with a little camellia oil, it makes my skin feel so nice. I don't think it is available yet on her site, but she can tell you more of course.

Kristen

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |