Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Rant:: Comcast - worst customer service EVER!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I apologize for the length of this, but I just have to rant. Does anyone else in the US live in an area where Comcast has a complete monopoly on either cable or internet service? In every experience I have had with them, their customer service is absolutely terrible, and I think it's because they have no incentive to improve because you're forced to use them anyway. I canceled my cable service and got DirecTV instead about 3 years ago because their customer service was so bad, but they are the only high speed internet provider in my area. I've survived up until now just using the internet at work, but decided that it would be really helpful to have it at home, and decided to bite the bullet and sign up with Comcast. Here's what happened:

Last Friday:
I call to schedule installation. First woman I speak to can't find my address, and tells me I'll need to call another number and schedule a "site visit" before I can schedule installation. I have a sneaking suspicion she's spelling it wrong, and so call the installation number back just to double check. Sure enough, the second woman finds my address, and schedules installation for Sunday, between 7-11 a.m.

Sunday:
6:45 a.m.: I'm up and dressed in case the installer arrives right at 7. He doesn't.

10:45 a.m.: I call Comcast to make sure I am still on the schedule for installation by 11. I'm told yes, the installer should be there shortly.

11:05 a.m.: I call back. CSA says she'll call dispatch, but then comes back on the line and tells me that while she was on hold with them, the status on my account switched to "active," meaning the installer will be there within 10 minutes.

11:35 a.m.: I call back. On hold for 22 minutes while CSA tries to reach dispatch to get an ETA. Finally at around noon I'm told the installer will call me within 10 minutes to tell me how late he is running.

12:00 p.m.: Call friends to cancel afternoon plans.

12:17 p.m.: As installer has still never contacted me, I call back. I'm told there is a notation in the record that the installer is running late. I ask for dispatch to find out exactly how late he is running. I am on hold for 27 minutes, then hung up on.

12:45 p.m.: I call back. Again told that the installer is "running late." On hold for 24 minutes while CSA tries to reach dispatch. She reaches them and gives me the number of the contractor to call directly.

1:13 p.m.: I call the contractor. Am told that the installer is on the way to my house and will be there within 15 minutes.

1:35 p.m.: I call the contractor again. Told installer will be there really soon.

1:45 p.m.: Installer shows up - 2 hours and 45 minutes late. No apology. Instead, he b***hes about how terrible Comcast is and how they over schedule him. He also tells me that he's missing a piece of needed equipment because it was stolen that morning, and that he can't tell whether my house actually has cable wires (it does, since as mentioned I had Comcast cable in the house about 3 years ago). He tells me he doesn't have time to do the install since it will take longer than he thought, tells me I shouldn't schedule appointments on Sundays, and leaves.

2:20 p.m.: Called Comcast again to complain and see what exactly I need to reschedule for, as installer didn't explain why he couldn't complete the install. Was told I need to call local office.

2:22 p.m.: Called local office. CSA tells me he can't find my account as neither my address nor phone number are in the computer. I am trying very hard at this point not to lose it but after repeating my phone number for him 4 times and being asked if I'm "sure" that's the right number, I get a little snippy. CSA then lectures me like I am 3 about how he is "just trying to help" and how I need to "work with him to solve the problem." Words cannot express how condescending his tone is. Because I have the technician # and job number, he is able to find me in the system and contact the local contractor. After 22 minutes on the phone, CSA tells me that he greatly exaggerated, told the contractor I was irate, threatened them, told them that the installer was terrible, they'd gotten an awful complaint, etc., etc., and told them that they need to send the installer back out. Now I am getting scared for my safety when this guy returns to my house.

2:30-11:00 p.m.: No need to be scared as installer never returns.

Today (Monday): I call local office again, and am told I need to schedule an "outlet install," even though I have outlets. Currently scheduled for next Saturday between 7-11 a.m. Ask if a notation can be put in my record that I need to be one of the first appointments of the day due to what happened last time. Am told "no."

At this point, I am tempted to just say forget it, but I really need internet and feel that I've now invested so much time that I should try once more. Also, I signed up for Comcast through Best Buy because I got some discounts, including a discounted (but still $90)modem/router...which the installer ripped out of the packaging to test before determining that he couldn't complete the install, and so is probably non-returnable. But I was literally almost pulling my hair out yesterday I was so frustrated!!!!! And I plan on writing a scathing letter to Comcast, though as mentioned I don't think they care since they've got a monopoly!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I HATE COMCAST! DH and I were using it before because we liked their "HBO on demand feature" (we didn't have DVR yet), but then all of the sudden the On Demand feature stopped working. I called to complain, and the snotty CS guy told me that because "On Demand" is a "free extra", if it's not working they technically didn't have to do anything to fix it. I argued no, I pay for a package, and I expect to get the whole package, but they he got all condescending and was like "Let's say you were getting a chanel for free, and then the chanel stopped working. Since the chanel was free, it doesn't really make a difference, now does it?" I swear, I wanted to wring his neck! Anyway, luckily comcast was bought out in my area by time warner cable, and I've had nothing but good results with them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
If you hate Comcast try TimeWarner. Dallas just recently switched and it's a nightmare. Am trying to get DH to go with Dish.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Comcast is the worst! Had my cable and cable modem through them and my cable modem was out literally every other day for hours at a time. The tv cable wasn't too bad, but bad customer service nonetheless. Not to mention the outrageous charges for the service. I switched to Dish network several months back and am happy with it except the occassionaly no signal because it's raining like crazy and the dish can't pick up the satellite signals Laughing . Cheaper and so far really no problems.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard of nothing but problems with Comcast. It's a shame that monopolies can still exist and worse that they can treat their customers with so little regard. Mad The very least they deserve is a scathing letter!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I live in the NE. I had Adelphia for years. Adelphia had to be the worst. Bad Grin Adelphia sold out to Comcast a few months ago. So far I have not had an issue. For what we pay monthly best we don't. Rolling Eyes Would love to get Direct TV but we do not have the right exposure.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Can you get DSL in your area?

Liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Comcast is now bought by Time Warner Cable (Road Runner). The speed is now way much slower than before when it was Comcast's. I have Comcast(TWC).. And all I got to say is I HATE HATE THEM!! THEY SUCK!! THEY SUCK!! My internet is always freaking down. Every month there is a freaking problem. My account got lost and erased out of the system for NO APPARENT REASON. The 2nd time they CHARGED me TWICE!! I HATE THEM.. And the price is not even worth it.. since the internet is always down. Signal sucks. AND, they never pick up their phone!!!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
Comcast is now bought by Time Warner Cable (Road Runner). The speed is now way much slower than before when it was Comcast's. I have Comcast(TWC).. And all I got to say is I HATE HATE THEM!! THEY SUCK!! THEY SUCK!! My internet is always freaking down. Every month there is a freaking problem. My account got lost and erased out of the system for NO APPARENT REASON. The 2nd time they CHARGED me TWICE!! I HATE THEM.. And the price is not even worth it.. since the internet is always down. Signal sucks. AND, they never pick up their phone!!!

Seriously,

I was on the phone every other day because my internet was down. I'd call and they'd ask "did you restart your modem" um of course I did!!! AT times I went days without the cable modem functioning properly. Funny thing the b/f's sister just bought a home and Comcast is having the deal where it's $33/month for each service cable/internet/phone. I was over the other day and she goes (mind you she's been there maybe 2 weeks) our cable modem keeps going out Laughing . A few times I went a week without internet service, they credited my account, but not all the days it was out! Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

Seriously,

I was on the phone every other day because my internet was down. I'd call and they'd ask "did you restart your modem" um of course I did!!! AT times I went days without the cable modem functioning properly. Funny thing the b/f's sister just bought a home and Comcast is having the deal where it's $33/month for each service cable/internet/phone. I was over the other day and she goes (mind you she's been there maybe 2 weeks) our cable modem keeps going out Laughing . A few times I went a week without internet service, they credited my account, but not all the days it was out! Mad

When Time Warner Cable was Comcast it wasn't this bad.. And you are lucky to get your money credited back since the internet wasn't working for you on some days? Well as for me, they never credited anything back!! Confused And the price is even more expensive than before too. I thought I was the only one that are having trouble with them.. Razz Boo to them!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
If you hate Comcast try TimeWarner. Dallas just recently switched and it's a nightmare. Am trying to get DH to go with Dish.

Yes you are right. TWC has been nothing but a nightmare for me! Sad
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
Can you get DSL in your area?

Liz

Sadly, no. The ONLY options for me are Comcast or something like Cingular's BroadbandConnect. I didn't want to go with Cingular because I have a desktop computer, laptop computer, and work laptop, and I wanted to be able to have access on all of them. If I do Cingular, I would only have access on my laptop. However, if the installer is late on Saturday, or incompetent, that's what I will be doing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:

Second this! Total crapola.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
How do you guys get high speed internet access if you have a dish? Do you go through your phone company? My internet (which is supposed to be super duper professional strength high speed DSL) is through my phone company. I rarely if ever have problems, but I also don't think I have the professional strength speed, either, but it is pretty darned fast.

I had Comcast at my old apartment and it wasn't that bad all the time, but it was very frustrating when the internet would go out. Surely the technology is such that this should not happen, right?

The thing that ticks me off royally is their advertising. The dish people saying cable sucks and vice versa. Both cable and dish advertising makes it sound like everything works perfectly 100% of the time. Wonder what it would be like as a new customer to call up and ask hard questions about the percentage of complaints for outages in my area? They'd probably just lie. Anyhow, I do have several friends that have dish and say they would NEVER go back to cable.

ETA: When I get admitted and through law school, maybe one of the first things I'll do as a new lawyer is bring some sort of anti-trust suit against the cable companies. What do you all think of that? Wonder if I'll have any attempts made on my life for trying that?! Shock
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
How do you guys get high speed internet access if you have a dish? Do you go through your phone company? My internet (which is supposed to be super duper professional strength high speed DSL) is through my phone company. I rarely if ever have problems, but I also don't think I have the professional strength speed, either, but it is pretty darned fast.

I had Comcast at my old apartment and it wasn't that bad all the time, but it was very frustrating when the internet would go out. Surely the technology is such that this should not happen, right?

The thing that ticks me off royally is their advertising. The dish people saying cable sucks and vice versa. Both cable and dish advertising makes it sound like everything works perfectly 100% of the time. Wonder what it would be like as a new customer to call up and ask hard questions about the percentage of complaints for outages in my area? They'd probably just lie. Anyhow, I do have several friends that have dish and say they would NEVER go back to cable.

ETA: When I get admitted and through law school, maybe one of the first things I'll do as a new lawyer is bring some sort of anti-trust suit against the cable companies. What do you all think of that? Wonder if I'll have any attempts made on my life for trying that?! Shock

If you have a dish, to get internet you basically have to have Comcast install cable at your house (as was explained to me, they install cable just like for tv service, but put a blocker on the line so you can use it for internet only). Phone companies (Verizon, etc.) are unfortunately not yet offering internet service in my area.

Bad customer service is my hugest pet peeve. I'm a lawyer, and if I treated my clients the way I was treated on Sunday (over 2 1/2 hours late, rude, complaining about my bosses, making false promises, etc.), I would be out of a job immediately. I think the thing that sent me over the edge was when the installer told me he didn't have time to do what needed to be done, he said something to the effect of "what do you expect, for scheduling on a Sunday?" While I would love to be independently wealthy and just sit at home all day, I work - a lot - and can't spend a weekday sitting at home waiting for the cable guy. In my mind, if they have a higher demand on the weekends, they should schedule more guys to meet it, rather than using it as an excuse.

I'm not an antitrust lawyer, but I have friends who are and others who do telecommunications law. I am curious about antitrust implications of the cable/internet industry - I will have to ask them about that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Comcast is pretty darn horrible. My boyfriend used to have them, and when they called to set up installation he told them that he had his own cable modem so wouldn't need to rent theirs. The install guy brought the modem anyway, and when my boyfriend explained he didn't need it, the guy was like, "Okay no big deal." My boyfriend insisted that he write that down on the order, but apparently either he didn't or it made no difference - months down the road, when my boyfriend moved, he closed his Comcast account and saw they had been charging him for the cable modem rental fee every month. Not only that, but they tried to charge him for "keeping" the actual modem since he didn't bring it back when he returned his other Comcast equipment. Months of battling went by, and he ultimately just paid for the cable box WHICH HE NEVER USED just to get them off his back - and years later, it's still on his credit report since it went to collection. It is such BS, they truly are a terrible company to deal with. I am sort of happy we have Millennium in our new apartment even though Comcast's channel offerings are better, because Millennium is easier to deal with at least. So sorry to hear you had to deal with their crap too! Sad

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Grrr...will be on the phone with them tomorrow. We moved and had our service turned off but they're still billing us!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Oi! This post reminded me of how much I hate cable companies! I think they have to include how they plan to offer the poorest customer service in their business plan! Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Totally agree! We are in Dallas, and recently our area was wired for Verizon FiOS - truly considering switching to this next time we have to deal with TW hassles. TW has some ignorant people handling the 24/7 tech assitance lines.

Time Warner just doesn't care about customer service. Phone rep refused to turn us over to a supervisor when we realized he didn't know what he was doing, but telling us to switch settings in the cable box software code screens. Had to call TW to have them sent the Hi Def signal so the box would pick up the Hi Def stations on a new HDTV. We were on hold for 45 minutes to speak with a human. We are with TW by default -- they were the only service we could get for high speed internet. Now they have competition. I just have to figure out the pricing for us to switch everything to Verizon and I am pretty sure we will be with Verizon in the next few months.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |