Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fountain Cosmetics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
In December, since all of Jan Marini Age Invention Eyelash awas sold out. I went to an Australian site to purchse it because they still had it. Due to the holiday season, they didn't ship out my order until Jan 4th. But I still haven't received it yet, it has been almost 4 weeks when they told me that the shipment will take only 10 days. Well..after countless emails, not only are they horrible at responding (they haven't responded in the past 4 days despite the 3 emails I wrote them) I cant believe it is so horrible. If you are buying anything form that website, just beware that there customer serivce is HORRIBLE and they dont follow up nor care about the order they "supposedly" ship you.
i will call them today and see what is going on. Itsmaking me so upset!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
An Aussie site I go on often has people complaing of problems ordering from them.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks my dear for the warning...I always appreciate heads up like these.
That's what makes EDS fabulous!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Another Aussie CS failure site was RESCU (www.rescu.com.au)

I was recently going to do a order from them for Tromborg (wanted to try the line and it was on sale)... and they say they ship internationally at actual cost (Aus/NZ have set rates), but at check-out you can only choose NZ or Oz.

SO I emailed them with the list of what I was intending to buy and asked them how much shipping to Japan would be so I could order via fax... they never even bothered to reply to me!! Originally if the shipping to Japan was too much I planned to buy using my Aussie CC and ship to mum, but after no reply to a simple question I did not trust them enough to place ANY order...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
First let me say that there is no excuse for them not responding to your email. I would be extremely upset just like you! Do they have a ph no on the site that you can ring and speak to someone live?

As far as the slow delivery goes, it may not be the company's fault, it may be stuck in the post. Next time when dealing with a company that uses Australia Post for delivery, specifically request that they ship express post. I've found standard service from Australia Post to be somewhat slow to the US (or US territories, like me). Their express service is not that much more (AU$5) and it makes a big difference! Plus it includes tracking in case your parcel is lost.

http://www.auspost.com.au/BCP/0,1080,CH4035%257EMO19,00.html
Mabsy

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I have bought from Fountain before and haven't had any major problems so I haven't had to deal with their CS much. I haven't ordered for some time though. I have in the meantime heard a fair few complaints much the same as yours. They nowadays ship with registered posts - tends to take longer than normal post, by a few days - but if they sent out your order a few weeks ago then it should be with you by now. What does your order status say on the website?

Tiger_tim - I've bought from them before (once). I had no problems but again if nothing goes wrong with your order then you never really get to experience their true CS. If you are really wanting those products then PM me and I'll CP them for you...
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
sorry to hear this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am SO torn about doing the Rescu order (I actually have an Aussie-bank mastercard, so I would have no trouble doing the order with that and shipping to mum)...

.. on one hand I think "oh, I desperately want to take advantage of the sale and get theses things to try"

.. but on the other hand I keep thinking "$120 worth of stuff I dont really NEED"

.. then it is back to "oh, but I do, I do..calendula water is just what mum and DH need...and I have been wanting to try that caudalie perfume.."

.. then comes "but think about the cost for moving house in March, buying your kittens, going to the whitsundays"

Yes, this is how the little voices inside my head argue at each other... Laughing It is truly distracting... Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:47 am      Reply with quote
thank you for your sharing!
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I've ordered from Fountain cosmetics three times in the last six months. I'd have to agree the customer service is patchy. They seem to be out of stock fairly frequently, which causes delays, and while they send a note with your order to advise of the delay, they've never said when I could expect the missing items, yet the website shows up as 'order completed'. I've never had one of my emails responded to. Twice, I've had to follow-up by phone, and those times, they've been attentive and given delivery undertakings that have been fulfilled, and even sent me a free gift to make up for the inconvenience. I'll still use the site for goods that I can afford to wait for, because many of the items are really well-priced, but EDS has become my first choice.

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Well..here is an update from my orignal post. I ordered about 200 dollar worth of stuff which i still haven't received. So i got nervous and called them. Even though they were attentive, they really haven't given me any definte results. They said that they will check with the courier and get back with me. When they did, they gave me a non existent tracking number (probably only used in AUS) and ask to check with my "local post office" it was one of the most vague response i have ever gotten.
Well..it has been 4 weeks now since it was "shipped" and 2 months since I ordered it.
I asked if I dont receive my product can I get my refund back..and they said.."they're not sure" i am pretty upset with this. I just want to have this over with and I will never ever order from them again. And also someone mentioned that it would be wise to request a fed ex or a better delivery option, but when you order form fountain cosemetics, there's no option. They only have one international courier which charge a set price you can't change it or make it expediate.
Anyhow, girls..just becareful and dont make the same mistake as me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
That is ridiculous that they are saying theu "don't know" whether or not you get a refund.
I'm sure they would ship internationally using signed for postage.
Good luck with it. That is a lot of money to sopend and not get the items.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
raindrop921 wrote:
Well..here is an update from my orignal post. I ordered about 200 dollar worth of stuff which i still haven't received. So i got nervous and called them. Even though they were attentive, they really haven't given me any definte results. They said that they will check with the courier and get back with me. When they did, they gave me a non existent tracking number (probably only used in AUS) and ask to check with my "local post office" it was one of the most vague response i have ever gotten.
Well..it has been 4 weeks now since it was "shipped" and 2 months since I ordered it.
I asked if I dont receive my product can I get my refund back..and they said.."they're not sure" i am pretty upset with this. I just want to have this over with and I will never ever order from them again. And also someone mentioned that it would be wise to request a fed ex or a better delivery option, but when you order form fountain cosemetics, there's no option. They only have one international courier which charge a set price you can't change it or make it expediate.
Anyhow, girls..just becareful and dont make the same mistake as me.

They're not sure if they can give you a refund? Rolling Eyes I'll bet that your credit card company will have a different answer -- good luck! Smile
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
raindrop, each time I've called them, I've had to be pretty firm in getting dates and undertakings. In my experience, the customer service people seemed to have limited info available to them and have given me vague answers, so have had to say, (sometimes repeatedly) 'thank you for that information, but I need you to tell me when you will have it in stock and will be sending it out. Please give me a date.' Each time, the person had to call me back, but they did call, and did give undertakings, and these were met. I understand your issue is a bit different now, because they're not taking responsibility for the courier's actions, but perhaps you can try this - explain to them that you participate in an international forum and have raised the subject of Fountain's customer service and explained your experience. Other participants, who might otherwise use the site, are quite shocked by your experience so far, and you'd really like to report back to the forum that Fountain has successfully resolved the issue for you. It's likely they're trying to build their business, so if you let them know they're not just affecting you, but their reputation out there in a forum with plenty of potential customers, that might help them see that helping you would be in their best commercial interests?

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
raindrop, if I were you I would call my card company and hvae the charge reversed... if the goods turn up you can always reject them then.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I have purchased from Fountain Cosmetics before, & have received both good bad service from them. They can be very quick with postage, i.e. I ordered items at 4pm & received them the next morning, plus they included 8 Dermalogica samples! Shock But then one other time the same thing that has happened to you raindrop921, happened to me also, I purchased products as a Christmas gift & I ended up getting them 2 weeks after Christmas Sad ...& that was only after I called & emailed them around 7 times! Mad Their excuse was that they thought I was going to come in & pick up my order from their salon. Rolling Eyes

tiger_tim, I have had problems with Rescu too, I was actually going to order Sjal...glad I didn't! Shock I found their customer service a bit Confused. Btw my friend has tried quite a few Tromborg products & she said they are no better or worse than EM...they're just a lot more expensive! I wanted to try their products a while ago but couldn't justify paying that much! Speak to the hand
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger Tim
is it possible to get a credit card charged reversed after they charged it 2 weeks ago?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Not Tiger-Tim (obviously! Wink ), but yes, you can absolutely ask your credit card company to reverse the charges. Once you do that, you won't have to contact Fountain Cosmetics again, your credit card company will take over from there.
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
oops sorry a typo..i meant 2 months ago.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
It will depend on your credit card company; generally, you have 30 days to dispute a charge. However, once you speak to customer service at the CC company and tell them all the details, they may decide to credit you anyway and go after the magazine company. Good luck! Smile
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
thanks everyone for all the advice, suggestions and support! I have contacted my credit card company and they are giving me a "provisional credit" while they go through the investigation. I hope I will get my money back.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
raindrop921 wrote:
thanks everyone for all the advice, suggestions and support! I have contacted my credit card company and they are giving me a "provisional credit" while they go through the investigation. I hope I will get my money back.

I hope that you do too. That's great that they are going to give you a provisional credit. I have the feeling that when they can't contact the magazine company either, that the credit will be permanent. Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I hope you get your items raindrops. Ive never had a problem with them but have heard of others who have.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to here that Raindrop.. I once had scammed too. I contacted my credit card company about it, and did a reverse also. I did get my money back, then I closed my account, and reopened a new one.
raindrop921
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
really? i'm glad to hear that you got your money back, but why did you close your account?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |