Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Eye Cream Used As A Preventative Measure?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lizard

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for the past two weeks and figured I'd finally join the party! Smile

As my sig states, I'm 26 with fair skin. To date, I don't have any wrinkles, but I would like to add an eye cream to my regimen to keep it that way. My mother has very heavy bags over her eyelids and I'd like to take some preventative measures to avoid that fate.

Is there an eye cream people could recommend that would suit my purpose? I'd prefer not to spend a fortune on it, but I don't want to skimp either.

Thanks in advance for the assistance! And sorry if there was another post on this topic somewhere - I did a search but nothing came up...

Elizabeth

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
You might want to check into DHC products. I'm in the same boat as you-- 25 with no wrinkles, but still want to take care of the skin around my eyes. I recommend their Concentrated Eye Cream as well as the Eye Bright. Both are reasonably priced but high quality. Both are fragrance free and suited for sensitive skin.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Vit C serums and retinoids
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
The most important thing during the day is sunscreen/block around your eyes. There is a Murad C eye cream with SPF. The C can also help brighten the area and provide antioxident to the eye area.

My personal favorite eye cream for preventative measure is Jurlique Eye Gel. You can put in on the eyelids and I think it keeps eyelids firm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Wish I was 26 again but Wildcat is right always wear sun protection around eye area (and all face) and sun glasses. I would go for the gels as creams are richer and for older folks like me!!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Lola Moroney wrote:
Wish I was 26 again but Wildcat is right always wear sun protection around eye area (and all face) and sun glasses. I would go for the gels as creams are richer and for older folks like me!!

While I agree creams are richer, like the DHC one I suggested, they're still a good idea for nighttime. I use a gel during the day, though.

I second the big sunglasses.
Lizard

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm terrible at sunscreen , primarily because I always worry about it clogging my pores. Partially because I'm just lazy!

I always wear my sunglasses though (I'm in love with my Oakleys). Better than nothing...

Thanks for the suggestions!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
The most important thing during the day is sunscreen/block around your eyes. There is a Murad C eye cream with SPF. The C can also help brighten the area and provide antioxident to the eye area.

I recently purchased the Murad C eye cream and I liked it very much too. It is moisturizing and get absorbed quickly too.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
You really need to start now for preventive purpose. I started eye regime around your age too.
You can use any moisturizer eye cream in general for protection depending on your skin type, such as: cellcosmet, murad, dermalogica etc.
But, really you might want to make sure several add in:
- Vit C as serum ( before you applied eye cream). You can use it as necessary.
- Always apply additional SPF15 on top of it.

You don't need to spend too much money on brand name or high level of eye cream because you really don't need it yet, thus, you always can have some stronger product line to aim for in the future.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Vivier Vit. C 20% around my eyes. The strength is strong but I have worked it up to 20%.
I would say this is the best preventative with sunblock on top of the Vit. C.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |