Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this from kathlina.com during their 30% discount. So, I got it for about 8 dollar.

I have shoulder length of dry dark puffy straight asian hair. On my first time application, I think I put too much (about 2 quarter size on my palm) and my hair looks very oily. However, it makes my hair look radiant black. The smell is like rosemary, not very strong. the best part is that it doesn't weight down my hair. I applied it on for second time about quarter size on my palm. It is not as oily as first day and my hair looks radiant and it is even nicer than my regular Paul Mitchell Leave in Conditioner.

Love it.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting. Do you use it only after shampooing your hair, and as a leave-in?
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I like to oil my hair as part of my deep conditioning weekend routine. If you have a chance, can you post the ingredients?

I sooo wish EDS would carry Weleda products.
rebelgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients

Product Description
We formulated this deep conditioning oil with clover blossoms and burdock root for dry or frizzy hair. Use it as a re-conditioning pack for split ends, or apply it sparingly after washing. Ingredients: Peanut Oil, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Blossom Extract, Fragrance (Parfum from natural essential oils), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Arcticum Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, rebelgirl. Another item on my wish list, along with a wish for more $ to actually order soon! Confused

ETA: [knocking hand on head] I forgot that Weleda isn't carried at EDS yet But a girl can hope, right? Wink
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have thin hair with split ends. Anyone knows if this one is good for this type?
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I also use the Weleda hair oil on my lengths. It's very nice. Not too smelly, but must be used sparingly or it will be greasy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
It can only be used as leave in... after shampooing and conditioning. I think it's more fit for thin hair and dry hair person because it can get greasy easily if you use too much of it.
styx7308
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
It can only be used as leave in... after shampooing and conditioning. I think it's more fit for thin hair and dry hair person because it can get greasy easily if you use too much of it.

Thaks for the extra info here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:

So if I have dry hair but thick, then I should not use it?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've used this oil before and liked it. I used it as a hair treatment - slathered it on my hair - pulled my hair back, kept it on all day and then washed it out at night. It's great as an intensive treatment for occasional use. My hair is way too fine to use this on a daily basis; even a drop of it would make my hair really greasy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:

I actually have never used it as a leave-in. I use it before shampooing and conditioning and get great results. You CAN use it as a treatment before, as well as after. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse, my hair is fairly thick (and dry at the ends), and the Weleda hair oil works really well for me. If the air is very dry (like during the winter) I just use a bit more or apply more frequently.
shengyue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I also used this Weleda hair oil,but I think it was so so.It is too oil to me.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
shanno wrote:
Cherisse, my hair is fairly thick (and dry at the ends), and the Weleda hair oil works really well for me. If the air is very dry (like during the winter) I just use a bit more or apply more frequently.

I got thick and dry hair, too, esp at the ends. I tried this oil last night, and I was not wowing over the results. So I have to come back to this thread to read again what people are suggesting. Do you all put it on after your hair is dry? I put it on when my hair was semi-dry after shampoo/conditioner session. I put very little (remembering someone posting about its being greasy), and then I blowdried my hair.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
You need to put a good amount depending on your hair length. I saw your pic and you have about over shoulder length, so about a size of a quarter (diameter of 3 cm circle) would do well.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
You need to put a good amount depending on your hair length. I saw your pic and you have about over shoulder length, so about a size of a quarter (diameter of 3 cm circle) would do well.

Hehehe you might have seen my picture from 5/2006, and my current length is chin-length where it's shortest (bangs), and the longest length in the back is touching my waist.

Do you put yours on dry hair, or semi-dry? Do you leave it in or rinse it out?
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I would really like to try this product; I wish that it didn't have peanut oil in it because my daughter is allergic. Sad I wonder why they would use peanut oil as a base when there are so many other choices available and so many people have a peanut allergy. Confused
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
I would really like to try this product; I wish that it didn't have peanut oil in it because my daughter is allergic. Sad I wonder why they would use peanut oil as a base when there are so many other choices available and so many people have a peanut allergy. Confused

I have to revise my earlier post. I am happy with the results because I just went to the bathroom and saw that my hair was behaving today. NO frizzes. It finally looks like the typical Asian hair that I often see on the Sunsilk shampoo commercial. Ok, not that silky, but close enough for me. YEAH!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
did you notice that your hair is somehow darker? sort of shiny dark?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
did you notice that your hair is somehow darker? sort of shiny dark?

I didn't notice that, but I hope not. I like my hair a little less dark since I used to have pitch-black hair. But now after so much sun, it has got some mahogany color in it when the sun shines on it. I can't wait till my next wash with the TJs shampoo/conditioner where I will go through the whole routine similar to the first time I washed with that shampoo, and then I will add Weleda Oil to the mix at the end.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
well, it goes away after another wash. I think it's more of the shiny that emphasize the hair color.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if I would still get a good result if I were to buy rosemary oil and mix it with jojoba oil. Somehow I don't really like the peanut oil as a base. Also I tried it again last night and used a lot this time and left it on overnight before washing it off this morning. I mixed it with coconut oil, too. I didn't get a very good result today. Sad So sad!
rebelgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I think that's a great idea. You just have to know how many drops of rosemary oil to add. You could make a small amount to start and see how you go.

Here's a recipe from my aromatherapy book as a guide to quantities.

To stimulate hair growth
50 ml jojoba oil
rosemary 10 drops
bay 8 drops
cedarwood 7 drops

There's a few recipes in my book and the ratios are all between 20-25 drops of essential oil to 50 ml of base oil.

Don't worry if you've only got rosemary that's fine. Aromatherapy books are like cookbooks always a bit more complicated Laughing

bkkgirl wrote:
I wonder if I would still get a good result if I were to buy rosemary oil and mix it with jojoba oil. Somehow I don't really like the peanut oil as a base.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
rebelgirl wrote:
I think that's a great idea. You just have to know how many drops of rosemary oil to add. You could make a small amount to start and see how you go.

Here's a recipe from my aromatherapy book as a guide to quantities.

To stimulate hair growth
50 ml jojoba oil
rosemary 10 drops
bay 8 drops
cedarwood 7 drops

There's a few recipes in my book and the ratios are all between 20-25 drops of essential oil to 50 ml of base oil.

Don't worry if you've only got rosemary that's fine. Aromatherapy books are like cookbooks always a bit more complicated Laughing

bkkgirl wrote:
I wonder if I would still get a good result if I were to buy rosemary oil and mix it with jojoba oil. Somehow I don't really like the peanut oil as a base.

Thank you! This is very helpful. I ordered Rosemary and Lavender EO on Friday from nandaoils.com along with Helichrysum EO (this one for my stretch marks). I can't wait to try it. Is there any oil that will make hair softer and more bouncy other than rosemary?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |