Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Save your $ - Don't buy Jason Shaman Shampoo and Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Since I brought up the topic of including more "bad review", here is one for ya.

I ordered the Jason Shaman moisturizing shampoo mango and mint, and its conditioner counterpart at Vitacost.com because the shampoo was supposed to be SLS free.

http://www.vitacost.com/JasonShamanMoisturizingShampoo
http://www.vitacost.com/JasonShamanMoisturizingConditioner

While I was waiting for them to arrive, I was told by a friend who works for Trader Joe's that they got SLS-free shampoo as well. Unable to wait for the Jason shampoo to arrive since my hair needed an immediate rescue, I went to Trader Joe's near my house, and picked up a pair of their own brand Nourish Spa Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. You can find my review of them here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20078

The Jason shampoo and conditioner arrived just a day after I bought the Trader Joe's shampoo and conditioner. I decided to try the Trader Joe's ones first. Then this weekend, after my hair started to get better from using the TJs shampoo/conditioner, and the routine Avalange posted in another thread, I decided to give the Jason Shaman shampoo and conditioner a try.

RESULTS:
First thing I noticed was the smell. I didn't like the pungent fruity smell permeating from the shampoo bottle. My hair also DOES NOT LIKE this shampoo and conditioner. After I went through the entire routine like the Trader Joe's ones, my hair came out a bit more stiff. I could tell that it did not have the same weight as after I washed my hair with the TJ's shampoo/conditioner. On the second day, I woke up with a kink in my hair, and on the third day, my hair went back to being weightless, dry, crisp, and brittle. It's not as bad as before, but I think if I continue to use the Jason Shaman shampoo and conditioner, it will go back to the previous condition. None of these happened with the Trader Joe's shampoo and conditioner. By the third day of using the TJ's shampoo to wash my hair, my hair still had weight and it was bouncy, not dry and brittle.

Bottom-line:
So I'm here to save you girls money. There're so many other shampoo and conditioner out there to try. You may want to skip this one. I'll probably send these back to Vitacost.com.

How many stars should I give the products?
2 out of 5
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I like hearing experiences - good and bad.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse--Jason shampoo reviews vary I have noticed on MUA depending on which version you use. I will stay away from the one you reviewed for sure, but I do like the Jason Natural Jojoba shampoo a lot.

Thanks for the warning.

Kristen Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Bad Grin
Cheers!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Cherisse--Jason shampoo reviews vary I have noticed on MUA depending on which version you use. I will stay away from the one you reviewed for sure, but I do like the Jason Natural Jojoba shampoo a lot.

Thanks for the warning.

Kristen Smile

Maybe I will try the Jojoba one next time. I heard it is good to switch shampoo every few months. Right now, the TJs shampoo/conditioner are my fav. I was running out of time this morning (and last night), so I thought I would use my Kerastase shampoo as a quick and dirty getting my hair clean quickly, but nope, after two shampoos, I couldn't get the clean feeling in my hair, so I had to follow it with the TJs shampoo. How odd that I spent $30 a bottle on the Kerastase only to like the $2.49 a bottle of TJs shampoo better! My hair got no taste....j/k!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the warning! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Thanks so much for the warning! Very Happy

You're welcome. I don't think it's as bad as Pantene, but with so many other brands out there to try, we'll have to be able to weed some not-so-great ones out. Smile
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning Cherisse!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |