Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
So excited, I have just recieved the 100ml bottle of this, now is it better for at night or during the day and has anyone noticed any improvement after usage?

5% products discount

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
it is to be used in replacement of your night cream..im into my second bottle..i bought this after I went over to australia and my skin got bad as I used to stay in Asia country and after using this..my skin improve a lot..Smile
Mabsy

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Yes! I believe I did a review of this ages ago and it seems that it works well for some (I'm one of those) and not so well for others. I jumped to answer your thread because I just yesterday started to use this (day time). I've been down south for the last few weeks and it's WAY drier there than where I live - consequently, my skin looks terrible now. Probably something to do also with the fact that I didn't pack any exfoliator....

Anyway, long story short, I am getting the same results with this as I was when I first used it a few years ago. In other words, a bit of a healthy glow to the skin. It's also a lovely texture so very nice for the current humid weather while still moisturising.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:43 am      Reply with quote
I actually use it both day and night. Its winter in Canada here so its dry. I use HRG in the morning after Vivier 20% C-serum. It gives me extra moisture to combat the cold. At night, I use it after all the actives. My skin has been loving this routine, it glows. Wink

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Yes, sorry I didn't mean to mislead. It can definitely be used day and/or night. I just want to use something else in the evening Smile
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I used it both day and night.I felt it's very hydrated Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou Ladies Very Happy
I am hoping this will come into it's own during the humid summer months Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rosebud,

I would like to know which you prefer more; the Normalizing Day Oil from DH or the Herbal Recovery Gel?

I have very similar skin to yours and I am currently using Normalizing Day Oil.

Thanks,

Feliz
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Feliz I have not started to use the Herbal Recovery Gel just yet, at the moment I am finnishing up a bottle of Normalising Day Oil off, I think the Recovery Gel will be better for my skin when I am travelling and in hot, humid climates or for the spring/summer months.
The weather here in the UK at the moment is cold & windy and mixed with the indoor heating I am just carrying on with the Day Oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone more mature appreciate this product?

I've so often been tempted to splash out on it from the reviews, but its so un-me, all natural and no actives to speak of.

I do hover over it regularly at the airport though.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Molly, that's exactly what holds me back..plus they tout it for all skin-including young. I tried a sachet & it feels great but what does it do? Saffron calls it facelift in a bottle, but that dosen't wash if it's recommended for youn skins as well. I
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Hi Feliz I have not started to use the Herbal Recovery Gel just yet, at the moment I am finnishing up a bottle of Normalising Day Oil off, I think the Recovery Gel will be better for my skin when I am travelling and in hot, humid climates or for the spring/summer months.
The weather here in the UK at the moment is cold & windy and mixed with the indoor heating I am just carrying on with the Day Oil.

Rosebud,
Let us know how you are doing with the HRG. You can use it when its cold and windy as an extra layer under moisturizer.
Wild Cat

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I really loved the recovery gel when I used it, but I found that I still wanted to search for something that had a little more "effect", I think about repurchising it sometimes, but then find something else to try out... he he... I really like the Juice beauty Serum... very nice... more results from it then the Jurlique...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
for the life of me I don't know what this product does for the skin. I love the scent but it does little to moisturise and I never get the glow that some people have mentioned. Are you supposd to use it diluted or in conjuction with other products?

So far I've only liked the body oils from Jurlique.
bugfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:55 am      Reply with quote
not knowing what to do now, 'cus my skin might start to react, get a lot of small bump in the forehead and some bigger ones on cheeks.

like the scent, like the texure, like everything of it, esp don't wanna waste if for it's really not cheap

Sad
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
This is another product that's much loved by many people, but didn't work for me at all. It really irritated my skin and my face was covered with small red bumps after I applied it. At first, I thought it was a coincident, so I kept on trying it, but I got the same reaction every time. It's such a waste of money as I had to throw it away.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't work for me either Sad
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am using that as a serum and it is very easy to be absorbed. Now I am working on the second bottle and it makes my skin shinny. everything is good except the price.
apple886
5% products discount

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Finished a bottle of the soothing herbal recovery gel before moving onto this original herbal recovery gel. It is much more hydrating if used with the night mist at the same time. There is slight face-lifiting effects. Hydration is quite good although I use a gel-toner before using this product. Great for summer, but expensive.
jessica17
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I like the soothing one, it is much gentle than original one.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Although its pricey, I have to say this is my all time favourite Jurlique product. Its great for almost any skin types, it is both soothing, moisturising, and contains ingredients that help the skin to remain healthy. I have used it at times both day and night without issue. I tend to move about products wise, simply as my clients are always asking my opinions on the latest and greatest - but this is one of my all time favs of their line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't do anything visible for my skin though I love the soothing lavendar scent.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |