Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Clarins Flash Beauty Balm???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
So I was in Boots and I had enough points on my Boots card to get something good, the Clarins counter was out of Lotus Oil and on a whim I picked up the Clarins Flash Beauty Balm.....WHY I don't know, I was tired...!!!

I have used it and am unable to return it, I have oily skin and really don't need it for 'a healthy glow', am wondering will it make a good night cream or I have heard it used as a make-up primer.
Is it just me or is this line a little over rated, anyway I may as well make the best of this balm, so any suggestions?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Why you cant return it ? If you have your receit ( Ho it was a gift ?) If your skin dosent react propely to the product you should be able to a least change it for another one. I have try a couple of Clarins products and never been impress. Its too expensive and im not sure is that "natural".

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I can't find the receipt anywhere Sad
I may try to talk my way around it when I am next there, we have a different returns policy here in the UK, I know that in the US you can return products even if they have been used.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I can't find the receipt anywhere Sad
I may try to talk my way around it when I am next there, we have a different returns policy here in the UK, I know that in the US you can return products even if they have been used.

I've occasionally returned an unused product to Boots when I've picked up the wrong thing by mistake, and they've always been extremely helpful and absolutely fine about it. So I'd definitely give returning it a try, even though you have used it. Perhaps tell them that it has proven to be completely unsuitable for your skin and aggravated it or something.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud if you can't find the receipt to return it, it's got a thousand uses, lip balm, treatment for cuticles, moisturiser for dry hair, hand softener, foot creme etc.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
So I was in Boots and I had enough points on my Boots card to get something good, the Clarins counter was out of Lotus Oil and on a whim I picked up the Clarins Flash Beauty Balm.....WHY I don't know, I was tired...!!!

I have used it and am unable to return it, I have oily skin and really don't need it for 'a healthy glow', am wondering will it make a good night cream or I have heard it used as a make-up primer.
Is it just me or is this line a little over rated, anyway I may as well make the best of this balm, so any suggestions?

That is a bummer, Rosebud...the BF balm makes an excellent eye mask if you are worn out and need a pick-me-up....apply and leave around the eyes for about 15 minutes then rinse and carry on with your other products....It really refreshes the eyes!...
Good luck!
Pudoodles
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
totally over rated in my opinion could you not email the company as I have done this on a few occassion when I got no satisfaction with clinique products and got refund and I know that one company controls lots of different brands not sure about Clairs i.e. got refund for clinique products from estee lauder same company
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I love the Beauty Flash Balm -- it's not really a balm, so actually cannot be used for the moisturizing properties as suggested above. It is an emergency beauty treatment, to use when you are going out and you look tired or done. Use it as a mask, and it will revive your complexion like nothing else.

It's not for long-term conditioning or treatment. It is for "I have worked all day, I HAVE to look good tonight, I have no time for a nap, MAKE ME GLOW, please!"

And it works.

Use it properly, and I think you will be very pleased.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
It did nothing for me at all, but my friend swears by it, so I suppose it's down to different skin types!
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I never do a 'proper' night-time makeup without Beauty Flash. Great as a revitalising mask. I've also found that if you apply a thin layer and put your foundation on before it's had a chance to dry, I find myself with the best sweat-resistant, party-wearing makeup I've ever had. And truly, I've given it a run for its money at times. Smile Heavy duty.

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:29 am      Reply with quote
another flash balm fan here Very Happy I use it as a mask and as ej above sais for bombproof makeup!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
flash balm is just for make up, it's not doing preventive step. I almost want to buy it too, until I talked to the counter lady and got more detail explanation.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Rosebud, I agree with Sidda. You can use it as a make-up primer when you need a pick me up and it works beautifully. I owned one for years and eventually discarded it as I wasn't sure how long i had it. But it was great for emergencies. I didn't use it long-term. if you cna't return it, perhaps you can swap it.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
It's a funny product - I didn't notice any difference on myself. However, I was jetlagged a few years ago (UK to Aus) and the man at the garage said to me I looked "very refreshed" - this was when I filled up the day after arriving back in Aus when I felt terrible.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well I read all your suggestions and also re-read all the reviews on MMU, at the same time my MIL has been packing for a trip to Las Vegas and she got a Clarins face cream for Christmas which she has saved for the trip, as I know she loves the range I gave her the Flash Beauty Balm as a gift to take with her and you know what it was worth it to see her face, she was made up and so suprised (she never spends a lot on skincare).
I know she would get much more out of it than I would....am I just a lovely Daughter in law...all those Browny points Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Clarins is one of the most overrated brand. I will not waste any money on this line.
Rosebud, I hope you can make the best out of them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I got a 15ml bonus Flash Beauty Balm with my purchase. I use it as a mask only.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |