Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Yves Rocher products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this French botanical based company that does not test on animals? I've tried a few products and I cannot believe how affordable Yves Rocher is. It is seriously cheap. They have specials all the time, so the price is often a lot lower than quoted. I ordered mascara for 2.99, I also got a shampoo, conditioner, and mask for a grand total of $25 and some change. Plus they sent me a free backpack, 10 lipstick samples, perfume samples, and a full size night cream with my order Shock !! On birthdays they send you free goodies too. I found the ultra volume mascara to be good, not spectacular but decent. It's growing on me more than when I first used it. The The phytum nutrition shampoo and conditioner are wonderful and smell awesome. The Pro Retinol 100% vegetal enzyme detox mask is decent.
Cat

Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Where did you order the products from? thanks
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cat, welcome. I got them from their website yvesrocher.com
And if you are in europe, there are boutiques.
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi, thoughtcrime:
You are right, this skincare line is exceptionally affordable in European countries but is very expensive when you buy them outside Europe!
I once travelled to Germany, and there, I was suprised to see this skincare range at such low prices!! It was almost 1/10 of the price tags that I normally saw! Doubtlessly, I purchased quite a lot of those, but .. um, not that they are bad, but they are not meeting what I have been expected (with the full normal price tags), however, at such an affordable price, I was pleased although I could never finish them all .. ; ).
I should say that I was really pleased with their lavender mask and another one was a cooling mask, couldnt remember the names, coz they were in German, the masks are not bad, right, I have finished them all Laughing , the creams/lotions are just so-so ! Sorry that I couldnt be specific for I dont know their language Neutral

I just want to add one thing, the Yves Rocher boutique I visited was really nice, there, they had a lot wider range than what had been exported out.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Not if you call the 1-800 # they provide on the website. Wink

Quote:
You are right, this skincare line is exceptionally affordable in European countries but is very expensive when you buy them outside Europe!
[/quote]
Mabsy

Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:02 am      Reply with quote
My mum used to use this a lot - and thus I got to try quite a few things Smile I really like their Lavender Bath Oil (and its packaging Smile ) and their shower gels are very nice as well.

Tried some of their perfumes... let's not go there Speak to the hand Mind you, I didn't try them all, so perhaps I was just unlucky Smile

I did get to try a few of their skincare products as well, I really can't remember the names anymore though. There was some sort of chamomile mask that was very nice - apart from that I wasn't overly impressed with the stuff I tried. I'm pretty sure I also tried a chamomile eye cream which was ok.

These products are actually relatively cheap in Australia - and you do get heaps of freebies. I remember they used to mail out the specials catalogue and each item was on a little paper stamp. So you just tore out the stamps with the products you wanted, licked them and stuck them in empty boxes on the order form (mum got it through mail-order obviously). That was kinda fun Anxious

Mabsy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

Here, in Montreal, there are Yves Rocher boutiques everywhere.

Personally, I have to say that I found their products to be truly awful. I have very sensitive skin and all the products I bought for sensitive skin turned out to be as harsh as sandpaper. I didn't like their bath products or their perfumes either. To me, their stuff was pure crap.

This is just my opinion. Someone out there must like this product line because, as I said, they have stores all over the place.

I have a friend who said she used and loved their products, but when I last saw her, her skin looked awful. She said that she was suffering from really dry skin. When I suggested that perhaps she should try a new skin care line she looked at me as if I was crazy in the head and said she just loved Yves Rocher. Go figure!!
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:15 am      Reply with quote
OMG, Thoughtcrime Exclamation

I just realized that everyday, I've been putting on my feet, Yves Rocher Lavender foot cream or as they also have written: creme pour les pieds a la lavande. Doesn't that just sound lovely Exclamation Exclamation

The foot cream is soothing and has like a minty refreshing tingling and smell to it. And it has lasted forever in its 1.7 fl. oz tube. Also the tube has beautiful flowers on it.

I'm so glad you broght this topic up. Wink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I found out about this line because it's all my mother in law uses. She is Czech and looks gorgeous. She does not look her age as she is wrinkle-free.

Fantasia, mmm that foot cream does sound nice. Very Happy I actually had my eye on it. I love lavender.
Mabsy

Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:39 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
When I suggested that perhaps she should try a new skin care line she looked at me as if I was crazy in the head and said she just loved Yves Rocher. Go figure!!

Laughing Yes, some people just get very emotionally attached to their skincare - sometimes for reasons not quite apparent to others Smile One of my friends insists on using Clinique - even though she's been using it for years and it has done absolutely nothing (or at least nothing good) for her skin. Mind you she keeps complaining about her skin - but apparently it's not the wrong poducts it's just that her skin "is weird" Rolling Eyes

Mabsy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

It's so true, what you say about the emotional attachment to a skin care line. I wish I had that disease, because it would've literally saved me thousands of dollars. Every time I don't like something about my skin, I spend money on a new product, a new skin care line. I buy anything I can afford to get rid of what I feel is wrong with my skin!!! Laughing
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:34 am      Reply with quote
thoughtcrime wrote:
I found out about this line because it's all my mother in law uses. She is Czech and looks gorgeous. She does not look her age as she is wrinkle-free.

Fantasia, mmm that foot cream does sound nice. Very Happy I actually had my eye on it. I love lavender.

I think you will just love the foot cream!

Leeleedee - I can't believe it, I'm the same way, but then we, as women, have that right to always be changing, right? Laughing Although, I have been using Oil of Olay since my teens, and feel withdrawal when i'm out of it Crying or Very sad but then, I reach for something else in my bag Razz
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Hello Fantasia,

It's so true what you say.

I find that even when I feel my skin is at its perfect self I have to go and try something new which usually gives me a bad reaction and ends up sabotaging all of my efforts that gave me great skin. I used to think I was possessed by some kind of evil spirit that always wanted me to look my worst. Can you believe that ??!! hmm Well, as they say: when you can, always blame someone else.
Fantasia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Same here. I think their product is really lousy.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I used to be an Yves Rocher addict. At the time I was looking for a "natural" skin care line free of synthetic preservatives and was not privy to the organic lines I now use. I was reassured by the sales lady that such a product did not exist and that preservatives were vital in maintaining the product and that's is why they had to be used, and their line was pretty much as natural as I would get. But I was young and foolish back then and unneducated to the world of natural preservatives and organics. Plus I couldn't have afforded them back then anyway. I was suckered in by all their great sales and low prices and tons of free gifts. I probably got more in free gifts than actual purchased products. And their 2 for 1 deals? I thought "How could I go wrong"? (I must admit they have a fantastic marketing strategy.) But after learning more about skin care and studying ingredients etc, I sadly came to learn that a lot of their products are completely synthetic with a couple of natural extracts extracts thrown in here and there. I was so disappointed. No wonder I was always breaking out and getting poor results. And I agree about the sensitive skin care line. I finally switched to that in the end because I thought I was getting all these irritations because of my skin type but lo and behold I think it made my skin worse. I spent years and lots of money using their products but will never go back. They are a great company in theory and I am still trying to use up some of their products like the foot cream which I have in abundance because it always seemed to be one of the free gifts they gave out, but I will never buy from them again. You get what you pay for I think and it's exactly what I got from Yves Rocher. The company has the potential to be outstanding if they would just use better quality ingredients and actually practice what they preach about environmental protection.
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have been of customer of Yves Rocher for a while, and then I gave up. The mailings came too often (every 14 days, or something like that). The gifts included were extremely cheap. Some products are not bad, like the lavender foot cream. There was also a eucalyptus bath oil that was wonderful for those cold winter days when one has a stuffy nose, but it was discontinued. I would rather pay a little bit more and have more quality products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I used to be their customer too in my early 20s. I think their products are in the same range as Maybelline, Rimmel etc. Average products... Nothing special. Neutral
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Yves Rocher shower gels (very refreshing for the summer but very drying in the winter). I loved the Chinese Green Tea until they changed the formulation (or scent) and called it Fraîcheur Végétale Green Tea.
gaylene

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've used their products for quite some time. Their line for dry, aging, skin is very nice. Riche Creme, and Serum vegetal line do work. They tend to put alot of fragrance in their products, which is probably not good for acne prone skin.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
As Linnie said, the mail from Yves Rocher came too often and the products are really cheap. I love their Rich Cream which has worked fine on me.

I have ordered their products for a few times for the last 2 years. I have difficulties to choose the right color of the make-up just by referring to their catalogue. That's why I stop ordering from YR anymore.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have always wondered about them. their catalogs are so nice, i have been tempted a number of times, but i don't think i would ever try their skincare, i don't trust it (i am attached to higher end Wink but how good are their shampoo and conditioner and bath stuff?
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried several products from Yves Rocher and did not find anything that I was happy with. I found the products very drying to my skin, both the body products and the facial ones. I also did not care for the scents of the scented body washes and lotions, as they seemed to smell more soapy than anything to me.

I was drawn to try them years ago as they always have fantastic deals and offer a lot of items in good trial sizes for those of us who like to do a bit of experimenting with several things before buying the full sized stuff.

When I decided that these products would not work for me I had to contact them several times to ask them to please stop sending my mailers. They sent me soooo many THICK envelopes full of glossy paper ADs for their specials and new product and I found it to be quite wasteful. I think that they figure that big envelopes in snail mail are harder to ignore than email...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Bosoxy, thanks for letting me know, i am gonna curb my temptation then!
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Bosoxy, thanks for letting me know, i am gonna curb my temptation then!

You're most welcome.

I generally do not like to post negative comments and tried to be as nice as possible as I do not want to offend anyone who likes the products.

Plus I am pretty picky... I guess I am kind of a skin care products snob. Laughing But in a good way! It doesn't have to cost a lot, it just has to do a lot! Very Happy

Have a great weekend!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |