Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

eyelash perm? Had you had it done?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in getting my new long lashes permed so I dont have to wear mascara, has anyone done this and does it make a difference,is it the same as if I curled them myself and it just lasts longer or does it actually look better than DIY.How long does it REALLY last?Is it safe?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I am interested in getting my new long lashes permed so I dont have to wear mascara, has anyone done this and does it make a difference,is it the same as if I curled them myself and it just lasts longer or does it actually look better than DIY.How long does it REALLY last?Is it safe?

And, where does one go to do this?

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine done when I was visiting my family in Bangkok in Nov. It took about an hour, and it cost me 400 baht, which is about $11.45. While I can still see right now, I did feel almost like the solution dripped inside my eyes a little. It stung a bit. The results lasted about 1 month for me as my lashes were not that long when I did it. I think you get better results if your lashes are longer.

Lucy - how did you get your lashes to grow long again? JM? How many weeks did it take for you before you noticed them much longer?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
it took 3 weeks to notice a significant difference,they are longer and I also see a lot of little new "stumps" cant wait till they get longer.I am using JM, now twice a day because I read someone else was doing it. You can just google it and find a place in your area thats what I did. Cherisse did it look different from when you curled them yourself or was it the same type of curl? This lady I am going to says its better.It costs $65! She is also going to electro my moustache for 25 pr 15 minutes.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
it took 3 weeks to notice a significant difference,they are longer and I also see a lot of little new "stumps" cant wait till they get longer.I am using JM, now twice a day because I read someone else was doing it. You can just google it and find a place in your area thats what I did. Cherisse did it look different from when you curled them yourself or was it the same type of curl? This lady I am going to says its better.It costs $65! She is also going to electro my moustache for 25 pr 15 minutes.

I think if my lashes were longer, it would have been better. Yes, the curls were more natural, and my left lashes were longer than my right, so they looked better there. The right lashes didn't look that curly.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I will wait 1 more month by then I will have been on JM for 3 months and my lashes should be longer so the perm may look more dramatic. However if JM accelerates the growth process the perm may not last as long than if you dont use JM. 65 for a perm that lasts a month is kinda high but then its in swank del mar Calif. where everything is pricey....
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Prices vary on lash perming.... some charge 70, some charge 40. I think too you can request different types of curls,I cant have too tight of a curl because my lashes are really long it would look strange.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Prices vary on lash perming.... some charge 70, some charge 40. I think too you can request different types of curls,I cant have too tight of a curl because my lashes are really long it would look strange.

Hey, how long are your lashes now? I'm trying to get an idea how long mine may grow out to be! Smile

I think if your lashes are longer, the perm will stay on longer. The lady who did mine said it was supposed to last 3 months.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I posted my eyelash perm experience back in Sept 06 and it wasn't a good one for me. It took me months to get my lashes back in shape (thanks to Carekate mostly). I guess finding the right person to do it is the key.

Here is the other post on eyelash perm with my experience posted - http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16154&highlight=eyelash+perm

HTH

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I did it myself and it turned out fine. I bought a kit for $80 and I think I could do quite a few perms with it. I didn't buy my kit from ebay but they sell them there. Just make sure you get the right size rods for your eyelashes. If you have short lashes, get the rods with the smallest diameter and so forth.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
YOU DID IT YOURSELF? Shock Mad Mad Mad hOW CAN YOU DO THAT? wHAT ABOUT CHEMICALS GETTING IN YOUR EYE???? Embarassed cHERISSE: It is very hard to measure lashes; mine are all different sizes because they are in different phases my longest ones are a little over 1/2 inch, that does sound very long but it looks long Smile
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
oh my gosh goofygal Embarassed Wink Wink I just read your thread now I am kinda scared to get it done.All this time spent getting those long lashes and then have them messed up with a perm!I dont know what to do! My electrolysis lady said she is going to do her lashes so i can see hers on Friday we will see......
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I honestly think the less you do to yourself, the better. Eyelash curling... well, thats what eyelash curlers are for! no?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I recalled seeing Carekate wrote something on this topic. She didn't have a great exp but then she was thinking about trying it again now with her lashes much longer.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucyluc,
SOrry, didn't mean to scare you. As you can tell , many folks had good experience too. I can be pretty anal about certain stuff and lashes is probably one of them.

It's great that you get to see her permed lashes before you get yours done. If she did a great job on herself, I presume that she will do a better job on you! Let us know how it went!

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
Mabsy

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I've had it done a couple of times, first one was great and the second was ok (uneven). I think there are risks associated but I haven't had any problems.

Btw, here is the previous discussion that you might find useful. I also posted on there a photo of the results of my first lash perm Wink http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3118

HTH
Carzie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I've had it done a couple of times too and I think it really made your eyes look brighter. I agree that there are risks associated with it coz I got them damaged once when I went to a beauty salon which charges at a lower price. It took me a few months to get my lashes back to normal.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Can anybody recommend a good place around San Diego/Carlsbad/Encinitas area? I dont want to drive to LA. The lady who is going to wack my moustache Friday Laughing is doing her lashes Fri for me to see,but if I dont like her lashes I would love a referral. She charges 65,I found another place closeby that does it for 40 but again its not the $$$$ its the result.I spent a lot of time and $$$$ to get these long lashes and dont want them destroyed(maybe I shouldnt do anything then! Embarassed just let sleeping dogs lie and use the curler)
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I had it done. Love it. It's not a miracle but means you don't need to use eyelash curlers and I don't wear mascara most days (but then I'm not into the flase eyelashes look!)

Though I just had the most natural looking version to start with. A Japanese lady did it. Was pricy but worth it. She puts the curler on then does each individual lash with something that looks like a toothpick. I wouldn't trust your average UK salon with my eyelashes!

I stopped taking my HA as I wanted the perm to last as long as possible Laughing
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
Can anybody recommend a good place around San Diego/Carlsbad/Encinitas area? I dont want to drive to LA. The lady who is going to wack my moustache Friday Laughing is doing her lashes Fri for me to see,but if I dont like her lashes I would love a referral. She charges 65,I found another place closeby that does it for 40 but again its not the $$$$ its the result.I spent a lot of time and $$$$ to get these long lashes and dont want them destroyed(maybe I shouldnt do anything then! Embarassed just let sleeping dogs lie and use the curler)

I agree with you there. If you're allergic and your lashes started to fall out, you'd be really upset. If I were you, I would just use good old curler and mascara.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse,
i have family in bangkok too btw.. (haha kinda out of topic) but yea i miss them...

i've done lash perming before... i liked it alot... mine lasted a little more than a month...

and they have this new lash perm called "japanese doll perm" supposed to be even better than the usual lash perm... i want to try that one this time i head back to vancouver during study break!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
your lashes look great Mabsy! I think I might try it in 3 weeks just for the heck of it.The esthetician said she has done 100's of them.I know she did a good job on electrolysis, no bleeding bruising or anything.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:06 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
The esthetician said she has done 100's of them.
But does she keep a portfolio with photographs showing her work and/or the results on satisfied clients that she can show you?! The plastic surgeon that gave Tara Reid her infamous "frankin-nipples" on that botched boob job had also done hundreds of implant procedures, but that doesn't mean that he did them well....

They say that there's nothing worse than a bad haircut or perm, but I submit that a bad LASH perm is even worse because you can't wear a hat over your eyes if the esthetician screws up!!

Just a little food for thought. I'm not against the procedure itself -- I'd love to get it done on my new, long/lush lashes -- but I've had one horror lash perming experience and I'm leery of letting anyone else try it on me! It would break my heart if I ended up with those horrible kinky pubic hair-looking eyelashes again after I spent so much time/money cultivating them after the first diaster.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
lucyluc wrote:
The esthetician said she has done 100's of them.
But does she keep a portfolio with photographs showing her work and/or the results on satisfied clients that she can show you?! The plastic surgeon that gave Tara Reid her infamous "frankin-nipples" on that botched boob job had also done hundreds of implant procedures, but that doesn't mean that he did them well....

They say that there's nothing worse than a bad haircut or perm, but I submit that a bad LASH perm is even worse because you can't wear a hat over your eyes if the esthetician screws up!!

Just a little food for thought. I'm not against the procedure itself -- I'd love to get it done on my new, long/lash lashes -- but I've had one horror lash perming experience and I'm leery of letting anyone else try it on me! It would break my heart if I ended up with those horrible kinky pubic hair-looking eyelashes again after I spent so much time/money cultivating them after the first diaster.

I agree with you! I once had my hair thermal straightened.. And this lady told me that I should get it redone, saying the person who did my hair messed it up. I thought it was okay, but she keeps on insisting..telling me that she can do a better job, and to let her redo it for me... So I did. The results? FRIED NASTY HAIR!!! Crying or Very sad
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Now I am getting paranoid about it.Also because of JM it appears I have lashes of many sizes,I have some VERY long lashes and also a lot of shorter ones...what kind of roller would they use there?And would just the longer lashes get curled? MMMM I dont know know maybe I should just stick with the lash curler and tweezermans fast lash for those special occasions.........(but I really wanted to try it!)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |