Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rosemary Oil -where to buy? Any particular type to look for?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to buy rosemary oil, but as I went to Garden of Wisdom, there're two kinds they offer. At other web sites, I couldn't even tell what kind they're offering. Where do you buy your rosemary oil that you use for your hair? Is one Rosemary Oil the same as the other, and pretty much all is good for hair?
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Are you thinking about the Weleda rosmary hair oil? It's not pure rosmary oil, but peanut oil and lavender oil too. I guess you could easily mix your own. Very Happy

Sorry, had to do some editing. It is peanut oil, not almond as I first wrote.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, there are different varieties of Rosemary Essential oil out there. If you are buying a bottle that does not list its latin name and the country of origin, I would question the quality of the oil. If you are looking to use the oil for skin and hair than the best one to go with is Rosemary Verbenone. If you are needing it to help with physical ailments such as rheumatism, stiff joints, muscle aches & pains etc, or for colds and flu, then Rosemary Cineole is the best choice. Each type of Rosemary oil has different chemical constituents so you need to make sure you are using the correct oil for your needs.

Of course, if you are applying it directly to skin and hair, you will need to dilute it with a carrier oil. A great hair oil blend for conditioning and repairing is one that contains fatty and nourishing oils like coconut, avocado, peanut and neem oils. You can also add some lavender and tea tree essential oil to help with dry and itchy scalps as well. There are also some great ayurvedic oils that are very therapeutic for hair and scalp too but they are usually a little more difficult to find.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both. Yes, I am looking for the oil for my hair. Do you know if I can just mix it with Jojoba oil and nothing else? I have coconut oil, too, but it solidifies at room temp., so I'm not sure how that would work.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wildflower,

I just bought the NOW brand which indicated as 100% Pure Rosemary Oil (rosemarinus Officionalis).

It did not state the type and origin, so should I just return it? Any brands that you can recommend?

Thank you.

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
Hi Wildflower,

I just bought the NOW brand which indicated as 100% Pure Rosemary Oil (rosemarinus Officionalis).

It did not state the type and origin, so should I just return it? Any brands that you can recommend?

Thank you.

I think this was the problem I had with it, too. Did you find it on iherb.com?
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cherisse,
I was tempted to buy from iherb but saw it at GNC and bought it on the spot (being impatient Razz). Really wanted to add that to the Trader Joe's Nourish shampoo (all thanks to you) with SKB Very Happy

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
Hi Cherisse,
I was tempted to buy from iherb but saw it at GNC and bought it on the spot (being impatient Razz). Really wanted to add that to the Trader Joe's Nourish shampoo (all thanks to you) with SKB Very Happy

You're welcome! I hope you love the shampoo as much as I do. I don't write that extensive review about a product unless I really believe in it. I can't wait to have more time to do the whole routine again, and yes, I want to buy the rosemary oil to put in the shampoo, too. I already got the SKB, but am not sure if it works or not. I tried it with the Jason shampoo. I have to try it with the TJs one next.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Goofygal wrote:
Hi Wildflower,

Thank you.

It's up to you whether you should return it or not. I'm not familiar with the NOW brand you mentioned so can't really comment. As a general rule, quality essential oils should outline their latin name (as there are many varieties of the same plant as we have seen here), the country of origin (geography plays a major role in the quality of an oil), and the cultivation method. A reputable distributor will also place warning tags on an oil if applicable as well, for example, do not use if pregnant or epileptic etc., but this isn't really necessary - just a nice thing to have. I'm a purist and a bit of an aromatherapy snob so quality is extremely important to me. I always look for the best Essential Oils out there that are either organic, biodynamic, wildcrafted or ethically grown and cultivated. You have to keep in mind that if you are applying these oils to your body, they will be absorbed into your system so you may want to stay away from oils that could have traces of pesticides and chemicals, etc. Also, some cheaper quality oils are stretched with other types of EOs and sometimes even synthetic "fragrance" oils so you will not be getting the same therapeutic benefits. There are many great lines out there. Lines I have used personally and professionally are Primavera, Acqua Vita, and The Aromatherapist. The 1st and 3rd line are out of Germany but are sold in North America through specific distributors and retailers. You can get Acqua Vita at www.acqua-vita.com. They are a small local Canadian company owned by a very knowledgeable Aromatherapist.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Goofygal wrote:
Hi Wildflower,

Thank you.

It's up to you whether you should return it or not. I'm not familiar with the NOW brand you mentioned so can't really comment. As a general rule, quality essential oils should outline their latin name (as there are many varieties of the same plant as we have seen here), the country of origin (geography plays a major role in the quality of an oil), and the cultivation method. A reputable distributor will also place warning tags on an oil if applicable as well, for example, do not use if pregnant or epileptic etc., but this isn't really necessary - just a nice thing to have. I'm a purist and a bit of an aromatherapy snob so quality is extremely important to me. I always look for the best Essential Oils out there that are either organic, biodynamic, wildcrafted or ethically grown and cultivated. You have to keep in mind that if you are applying these oils to your body, they will be absorbed into your system so you may want to stay away from oils that could have traces of pesticides and chemicals, etc. Also, some cheaper quality oils are stretched with other types of EOs and sometimes even synthetic "fragrance" oils so you will not be getting the same therapeutic benefits. There are many great lines out there. Lines I have used personally and professionally are Primavera, Acqua Vita, and The Aromatherapist. The 1st and 3rd line are out of Germany but are sold in North America through specific distributors and retailers. You can get Acqua Vita at www.acqua-vita.com. They are a small local Canadian company owned by a very knowledgeable Aromatherapist.

Wildflower, I checked out the web site. DO you know what is Hydrosol?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:

Here's a link to your question:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=162136#162136

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Cherisse wrote:

Here's a link to your question:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=162136#162136

Thanks for the link! I found other useful info there, too. I will have to dedicate a few hours to go through this link. Smile
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Cherise,

I saw your pic and you have black hair. Try http://www.kathlina.com for weleda rosemary hair oil. It's fantastic esp. on your dark hair. It really enhance the color. The url is having 30% off right now.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
Cherise,

I saw your pic and you have black hair. Try http://www.kathlina.com for weleda rosemary hair oil. It's fantastic esp. on your dark hair. It really enhance the color. The url is having 30% off right now.

Thank you! I would like to try it to control frizzes!
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased the Weleda Rosemary hair oil as well as coconut oil at The Vitamin Shoppe a few days ago and I can't believe the difference they have made. My hair feels like straw because I had it chemically straightened. I felt like the only thing I could do to fix it was to shave my head! This stuff works great. It makes my hair soft, shiny and much less frizzy. I got a little carried away with it last night and had to go to work today looking like I hadn't shampooed my hair in about 3 weeks because I woke up late and didn't have time to re-shampoo. Embarassed
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:44 am      Reply with quote
noleRN wrote:
I just purchased the Weleda Rosemary hair oil as well as coconut oil at The Vitamin Shoppe a few days ago and I can't believe the difference they have made. My hair feels like straw because I had it chemically straightened. I felt like the only thing I could do to fix it was to shave my head! This stuff works great. It makes my hair soft, shiny and much less frizzy. I got a little carried away with it last night and had to go to work today looking like I hadn't shampooed my hair in about 3 weeks because I woke up late and didn't have time to re-shampoo. Embarassed

I went ahead and placed my order for Weleda Rosemary Hair oil at iherb.com. They have a $10 off $40 for 1st time customers offer now. Very nice!
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Just chiming in to say that I have long, dark hair and have grown to love Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil. As others have said, it tames the frizzies and adds a lustrous depth to my hair's color.

The fact that it's inexpensive is a nice bonus, as well.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

glominerals Trio Collection (3 items) Janson Beckett AlphaDerma Duo Value Pack - Alphaderma CE - (large size 4 oz.) and AH3 Facial Skin Prep (4 oz.) (2 items) Zantrex-3 High Energy Fat Burner (56 Capsules)