Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
OMG whattttt have I done!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
We've been shopping around to breeders for a husky puppy for the last week or so. I've really been so torn about it though. We wanted a puppy, but there are just so many dogs in rescue shelters.

I had to take my eskie in for shots the other day, and his vet told me there was a litter of adorable huskies at one of the local shelters.

When we got there, there were two left. I really only wanted one, but when we took her out of the kennel, the other one looked heartbroken. OMG I just couldn't stand it. We took them both!!!!

Ahhhh they're just sooooo sweet! They're like little roly poly furballs. They roll each other around, the let my Eskie roll them around....laughing. He adores them! I was a little nervous about how he would react, but he's being all protective and big brotherly. I love when he nudges them along with his nose.

They're very young - I didn't think they'd let you take puppies under 8 weeks old, but since their mom isn't around, I guess they felt it was okay. They're 7 weeks and a few days. I was surprised at how responsive they are to us. They come scampering over when you call them and will even sit (for about 3 seconds) if there's a little treat in it for them.

Anyway, here are our two as-yet-nameless furbabies:

MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
OMG so cute.....I am so jealous, I am waiting for my new puppy, I have 3 weeks left till I can have her Sad !! But yours are fabulous....
wish I knew how to do a picture
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
AWWWWWWWW SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!
I would have done the same...keep us posted on names!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Awww!! They are adorable. Congrats on the new additions to your family!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
OMG.. they are soooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!! Shock And are so lucky to have you for a master! Very Happy Have fun! Very Happy Very Happy
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! They are sooooooooo adorable. How precious. That is the exact breed of dog I'd like to have one day. Either a husky or an Alaskan Malamute or a mix of both. It's the perfect dog for our cold Canadian climate. I'm raising my kitten right now who isn't too fond of my sister's pug, but I'm hoping that when he gets a little older (just over a year old now) he'll take a liking to maybe a bigger dog who he doesn't think is some very odd big butchy crazy cat thing. LOL Wink You are so lucky to have both of those darlings. I don't think I could have resisted leaving one of them behind either. If you have lots of love to give (and the money to afford both plus your eski) why not? There'll just be more love for you in return. Congratulations on your new editions!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear Shock Katee, they are just darling!! You did the right thing taking both of them. How could you leave one of those sweeties behind? Do let us know their names.

They are just little babies in fur coats. Wink Wait until they start really scampering around. Too cute.

Congratulations Katee,

Winnie
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think they saw you coming Wink

I have adopted cats twice. The first time, I fell in love with a kitten (with no tail) and the lady at the shelter started talking about her sweet brother (who, sadly, had been stepped on by someone and had sustained permanent damage to his back legs). Then I agreed to take the two sibs, and she started telling me about a third kitten who had been set on fire...I had a really hard time leaving; I did end up with the first two. They are currently living happily with my parents.

A few years later, I again decided to adopt cats. I figured two would be a good idea, since I work a lot. But that wasn't enough! The woman at the shelter (a totally different one, btw) stopped me at the door, asked me a few questions (which I apparently answered correctly), and started to tell me about a mama cat and her two babies -- the mom was supposedly 8 months old and her babies were 4 months old (is that even possible??). I'm not even allowed to have that many in my condo! But guess who I came home with? Laughing

Ah well, I couldn't be happier. Big congratulations on your new additions -- they are just darling Very Happy
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh!!! They are SOOOOOOO cute!!!!! My niece has a husky and I love him ... he's so fluffy! Actually they think he might be crossed with a Malamute since he is so fluffy. Smile It would have been so hard to only take one ... just think of how happy you've made TWO puppies! Congrats!!! Let us know when you decide on their names. Smile
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Oh what darlings'...dont blame you. I have been there and done that myself. And dont worry, you might end up with double the trouble, but you will also have double the fun and absolute adoration from your puppies!!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
They are gorgeous! Congratulations on your new additions! Best wishes for much fun with them!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Seriously cute babies, Katee. Did you really think you'd get out of there without scooping up both of those wee fur balls? They are adorable - they already have that look of mischief about them.

Keep up apprised of all their shenanigans and keep the pix coming. It'll be fun to watch them grow up on here.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Katee

Omg cute, adorable, awwww are understatements for these lil pups. I had a husky back when we were kids and absolutely loved her to death. How could one just take one and look at the other pup and say no to that face! I'm glad you took both of them. They have each other and now they have you!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Katee they are just soooooo cute I'd have done exactly the same too - I'd never be able to leave one lonely lil ole puppy behind Crying or Very sad
No wonder your eskie is so happy to see them - he's finally the Alpha male Very Happy On a practical note, I'd hate to have to house train two of 'em Shock
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
They are so cute! It is a really good thing that you took both! They will keep each other company and it is easier to discipline two dogs that the same age, because they will teach each other, trust me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Katee, they are adorable, and I can easily understand that no one with a heart would be able to walk away with just one.

Enjoy them, and they are so lucky to have found you!

Best of luck to you and your furry and not-furry family,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
They are so sweet! And that was so great that you took both of them. Very Happy
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
They so cute
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Adorable

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Awwww, they look so pleasantly plump Laughing Wink . Congrats on the new addition to your family! Very Happy I'm sorry but maybe I missed something, but are they girls or boys? Anxious

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Have you thought of any names yet?
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote

oh oh! Two!! So lovely!
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Aww they are sooo cute!! I love em!
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katee, the photo of your puppies has really made my day. They are just adorable. Congratulations! The best thing about huskies is they are just as beautiful when they grow up. Enjoy them! Thank you for posting - I would love to see more photos.
Mabsy

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
They are so gorgeous! I don't blame you for taking both of them, I'm not sure it'd be emotionally possible to leave one behind Smile

One question though, once they grow up a bit, how on earth are you going to walk three big dogs at one time? Razz
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |