Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Smooth skin protein punch
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:47 am      Reply with quote
I am not a morning person and often skip breakfast. As I know this is not a good thing to do and I had some food supplements I wanted to take regularly, I finally found a way of making an almost palatable protein drink that takes a minute to make and will do for a quick breakfast or snack.

1 heaped desertspoon each of lecithin granules, powdered coconut milk and brewers yeast powder
2 heaped desertspoons of vanilla flavoured soy protein powder
1 tsp of molasses

Put all of these in a shaker with a glass of water and shake well. This tastes reasonable enough so you can sip it rather than gulp it while holding your nose, however if you are going to sip it fairly slowly you may need to shake it occasionally as I have found the soy powder settles to the bottom after a while.

The reason for the ingredients:

Soy protein - protein obviously
Brewers yeast - b group vitamins
Lecithin granules - helps emulsify fats in the body, possibly good for weight loss and good for lowering cholesterol
Coconut milk powder - coconut fat is supposed to be good for weight loss
Molasses - a less processed sweetening agent that is rich in minerals, particularly iron

I have been drinking this for one week as breakfast and have found that my skin all over seems to be smoother and I have lost a bit of weight. The weight loss is probably coming from the fact that I am no longer skipping breakfast rather than the coconut milk, but what the hell, I'm keeping it anyway.

I know yeast disagrees with some people so just leave it out. If you do this take a good b vitamin supplement at the same time as the drink. For people who don't use soy, you could use skim milk powder or whey protein powder instead. Other additions could be flax oil or meal instead of the coconut milk powder, and some fruit if you are leaving out the yeast. Don't use fruit with the yeast, the taste will be pretty awful, why spoil good fruit.

Have fun experimenting
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Very Happy Ill have to try it im on a health kick at the moment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Protein drinks = BLECH
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Louie,

Your protein drink sounds a lot like mine except I use Stevia instead of molasses. Since molasses provides sulphur that your skin needs to be clear and healthy, I might just try that instead of the Stevia tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds good. Smile I'll give it a try.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |