Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: SantaVerde Aloe Vera Creme
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:36 am      Reply with quote
SantaVerde Aloe Vera Creme (Medium)
For Normal and Sensitive Skin

I have been intrigued by this line for a while as the main ingredient in all their products is certified Andalusian organic Aloe Vera cultivated *by hand* on their own plantation in Spain and then *hand-harvested* and even *hand-processed*. That's a whole lot of work! Their brochure says that "Santaverde's Aloe Vera has an unusually high content of Aloverose, or acetylated polymannose, which is one of nature's miracle ingredients. There are more than 1200 mg per liter of juice. This is due to organic cultivation and a strict plant selection process." So the Aloe Vera comes from Spain, the products are made in Germany and they all bear the BDIH seal and the Leaping Bunny.

I have had this cream for awhile now but have only gotten around to trying it in the last month. I was pleasantly surprised and find it to be a fairly good simple cream. It has some good antioxidant ingredients, absorbs well, spreads easily and leaves the skin with a velvety softness. While my skin tends to be sensitive, it did not break me out or make me feel dryer. In fact, I found it to be a bit calming.

Texture: This is a light cream with the texture somewhere between a lotion and a cream. (SantaVerde also offers both lighter and heavier versions of this cream.)

Scent: The scent is mild and sort of lime-ish. It's not really pleasant or unpleasant to tell you the truth, although it has grown on me. It's not like, say, Decléor.

Directions: Apply twice daily after cleansing and toning to face and neck.

Effect: (from the box) This light, nourishing cream made of pure Aloe Vera juice provides your skin with natural moisture and regenerates. Valuable seed and flower oils protect your skin and preserve elasticity and suppleness. It calms skin that tends to redness, relaxes and firms gently. Suitable as day and night cream for normal, sensitive skin.

Ingredients (from the box): Aloe Barbadensis*, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sesamum Indicum, Vitis Vinifera, Persea Gratissima, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii*, Glyceryl Stearate Rosa Canina*, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Lactic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum**, Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral. *certified organic **natural essential oils

Ingredients (from the website): Aloe Vera Juice*, a mixture of Coconut and Palm Oil, Sesame Oil (Sesamum Indicum), Grape Seed Oil (Vitis Vinifera), Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima), plant thickener, Plant Glycerol (Glycerin), Shea Butter* (Butyrospermum Parkii), Glycerol Fatty Acid Ester, Rosehip Seed Oil* (Rosa Canina), Plant Emulsifier (Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Sucrose Distearate, Polyclyceryl-3-Ricinoleate, Sorbitan Oleate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Liquorice Extract (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate), Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Lactic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, and natural essential oils. *certified organic

Preservatives: Potassium Sorbate with a Best Before date of 07/08 on my tube which is a pretty good shelf life.

Packaging: The container is a recyclable plastic tube.

Size: 30mL/1fl.oz

Price: $57 CAD which is kind of pricey for the size IMO.

Verdict: I would definitely recommend it although I am not yet sure if I would re-purchase for myself.

System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven