Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Retinaldehyde (Ystheal) and 40% lactic acid peel?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi guapagirl - I hear what you're saying about acids. The older I get, it seems the less my skin really benefits from regular or too frequent use although I've never tried 10% LA, much less daily. Your success with it makes me want to experiment though!

However, a couple of years ago I used a 55% LA product fromwww.makeupartistschoice.com on occasion. This was during a period when I was using SkinCeuticals Retinol .5% which I eventually had to abandon -- I just can't tolerate retinol. I would use LA once in a while to get rid of the crusty skin caused by it. I couldn't do this very often though -- I'd eventually peel after a few days and my skin would feel sensitive for a while. This simply wasn't a suitable regimen for my skin.

I've since switched to Avene retinaldehyde products (started out with Ystheal Emulsion and now use Retrinal .1% which is twice as strong), and I'm very pleased to finally be able to tolerate and benefit from these gentle retinoids. I haven't needed to use LA since. Instead, I occasionally use PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel to get rid of any dry skin.

It's my guess based on personal experience that you could tolerate using 40% LA on occasion but not as a daily substitute for 10% LA.

Good luck!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I used to get 60% and 70% glycolic peels once a month at my dermatologists and the whole time I was doing this I would use Differin. My derm never said anyting about a problem with using this and getting peels. I was only told to not use the Differin for a few days or so "after" getting the peel to give my skin a chance to heal. Once in a while I would get small areas of raw skin after the peels and sometimes some areas would frost and then scab over. I could never figure out why sometimes this happened and others it didn't since my routine was consistent. Maybe this had somthing to do with using Differin but maybe there is another explanation.

I would say to try something intermediate first. Perhaps 20% then maybe 30% then try the 40%. I really don't think that the 40% will be a problem but I like the gradual approach. Also, I would recommend covering any dry or tender areas with Aquaphor before doing the peel. I know that if I start doing peels again I will do this with the area at the base of my nose because for some reason that area was the one to always get the raw spots.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
OMG
Memories of 'help I burnt my face off' are floating through my head. Rolling Eyes

Liz,
I need a good peel what's the one you are using at the moment?
Would I like it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yup guapa - Retrinal is only sold in the US. But I wonder if there aren't any internet sellers who ship to the UK? Also, I think Ystheal comes in a couple of strengths -- I'm not sure but I think when I was using the Emulsion I noticed that an Ystheal Creme formula contained more retinaldehyde.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I realise I am not Guapa but I am being her secretary as I am awake & she is probably tucked up in bed fast asleep. Working nights messes up my sleep pattern.

Anyway back to topic it's a professional solutions formula. She got it at dianayvonne.com.
HTH

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |