Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ladies, do you prefer the "nice guy" or "bad
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Poll :: Nice Guy or Bad Boy?

Nice Guy
84%
 84%  [ 38 ]
Bad Boy
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 45

Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer a good guy over bad.. Depends on what you mean by "bad". Laughing Don't want to be screwed all over by a bad guy! Very Happy
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Good point Sportygirl!

And just to set the record straight, I've NEVER cheated on any woman at any time. I may have been having fun, but it was one at a time for as long as it may have lasted. Honestly, I couldn't even bring myself to cheat. I really, honestly felt "guilty" and my mind just wouldn't let my body do what it was leading me to do. Those guys that do cheat are disrespectful and are truly bad. I would never want to be THAT kind of Bad Boy.

One other thing, a man NEVER strikes a woman in any way, at any time. That is never right and can never be justified. That kind of Bad Boy is truly bad as well, and once again that would never be me.

So, perhaps we should define exactly what is "Bad"?! Cool

I mean, is Brad Pitt "Bad"? Is Johnny Depp "Bad"? Is Charlie Sheen "Bad"? Is Bill Clinton "Bad"? ...and on and on...

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
First of all, I think their are different "degrees" of bad boy. Just because a guy is good in bed does not make him one. My idea of a bad boy is a man who disrespects women by lying, cheating or emotional and physical abuse. I don't consider men who wear leather, ride bikes or even strip, "bad" That's just a life-style. Now if that same guy was dating me and sleeping with women he's stripping for without my knowledge, THAT would be bad boy, AND disrespectful IMHO! And those are the men I have always stayed away from. I am not talking about liking pushovers, I am talking about nice men who don't treat women like s**t, and who are good.. well... in other ares as well! Very Happy

I agree with sportygirl, so that means, ultimately, John, you're a good guy with a bad guy exterior. Maybe that combination is even more intriguing than say just a good/bad guy per se.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Good point Sportygirl!

And just to set the record straight, I've NEVER cheated on any woman at any time. I may have been having fun, but it was one at a time for as long as it may have lasted. Honestly, I couldn't even bring myself to cheat. I really, honestly felt "guilty" and my mind just wouldn't let my body do what it was leading me to do. Those guys that do cheat are disrespectful and are truly bad. I would never want to be THAT kind of Bad Boy.

One other thing, a man NEVER strikes a woman in any way, at any time. That is never right and can never be justified. That kind of Bad Boy is truly bad as well, and once again that would never be me.

So, perhaps we should define exactly what is "Bad"?! Cool

I mean, is Brad Pitt "Bad"? Is Johnny Depp "Bad"? Is Charlie Sheen "Bad"? Is Bill Clinton "Bad"? ...and on and on...

John

If they cheated on their significant others then I would consider them self-serving and very "bad" mates. If it's something they make a habit of, then yes, they would be "bad boys" in my opinion!
One time occurrence's don't a bad boy make. It's the continuous bad treatment of women that does! Confused

5% products discount

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
when i think of "bad" guys i think of someone like k-fed. someone who doesn't really treat you with respect and doesn't say i love you in front of his friends. is that what we are talking about or do you mean "bad" as in tattoos and mohawks? i've dated many of guys in my youth with dyed hair and tattoos and piercings and honestly, those ended up being the guys that treated me the best. i married a musician/artist/occasional potsmoker/etc... (all "types" that are "bad") and he is THE sweetest one of them all. don't judge a book by it's cover.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
John - I have to tell you that your dancing persona would've been way too exotic for my taste!!! While your theory is probably sound, if I had to choose between the two I'd be inclined to be much more attracted to the white-collar JCH and his intellect than the exotic dancer version. Lordy! I worry about STD and as the saying goes, love may fade but herpes is FOREVER.

Maybe your poll should've made a distinction between what type we'd want to marry as opposed to what type we'd "date". Women aren't always so different from men when it comes to such things. Some girls just wanna have fun too.

Guapagirl is in a league all her own though -- what was that I read a while back about Marilyn Manson???
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
m.april, I DID worry about that! I must have a keen sense for "dodging bullets" because I came out of it all unscathed both in the STD department and the children department! I sure wouldn't try the same thing one decade later.... You can only get lucky for so long....

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
To date for fun? Bad doys all the way?

To wed? A good guy (and I did!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm married to a very NICE guy (one that did not take salary from our company in a hard time to keep on employees). I would not have it any other way. When I was young I had many close male friends one was a good buddy (NOT boyfriend) he is male model gorgeous but when he got older things did not go so well. He was good hearted but all the coolness and fooling around don't look as nice to others when you are older. Also my sister and another older married friend have gone through so many
Cool rotters I'd shoot one if he gets near my dd Bad Grin . I had a reunion with a HS friend and her very nice hubby and kids recently we had a great time and I blessed the world for nice guys.

My definition of "Bad" is someone who puts being COOL above their family/friendship ties.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
My hubby is a very nice guy, and we've been together for nearly 20 years now. (Yikes, where did they go?!?!). Before I met him I had always had a thing for bad boys, but somehow those never seemed to last Laughing.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:

Guapagirl is in a league all her own though -- what was that I read a while back about Marilyn Manson???

What? Shock MM isn't a bad boy she's a moronic slime ball with no sense of taste. I mean seriously what real man would dump the gorgeous Dita for some non-descript teenager?

For the record I've been with the ultimate nice guy for the last 22 years and intend to stay that way. But before that, I'd always go for the challenge of the bad boy and love it, and, should it ever end I'd go straight back to the bad boys!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
My dearest guapagirl - Please forgive the misunderstanding. I wholeheartedly agree with you about MM. But it's an insult to slimeballs to compare the two.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
My dearest guapagirl - Please forgive the misunderstanding. I wholeheartedly agree with you about MM. But it's an insult to slimeballs to compare the two.

rofl

MM just wishes he was a bad boy. If he isn't a slimeball how about excretal flec?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the "Nice Guy" version.... with my wonderful wife Sandy at a cosmetic trade show in the Porte De Versaille exhibition hall in Paris, April 2005. Sandy works for the same company that I do and gets to travel with me from time to time. I have to admit that I don't feel as comfortable this way as I do with leathers on, or perhaps, as little on as possible! If you were to ask Sandy, I think she would say she loves the Nice Guy in me, but lusts for the Bad Boy and really has the most fun when he is around.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Watching movies I usually like the bad boys (delusions of trying to tame the beast lol) but in reality I prefer the good Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I think I really prefer the "bad boy" look. Have always been attracted to that..but what I find is the guys that have the look, have the attitude too. I am now dating a guy that I met on Match and he is super sweet, has his stuff together, but carries a little of the "bad boy" look, but not the attitude. I think I finally found a happy medium. Very Happy
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I voted nice guy. And I married a very nice one. Wink I would have a hard time rationalizing the good vs. bad in a bad guy enough to want to stick around with that person.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with most of the women here. I prefer and am married to a nice guy (definitely not a pushover) for the long haul. And just as men will fool around with the kind of women they would not necessarily want to marry or desire a long-term relationship with, I think the same goes for alot women. The bad boys are just for fun Wink ..you don't expect much else from them and you certainly wouldn't marry one (what was Britney thinking Rolling Eyes )

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Here's the "Nice Guy" version.... with my wonderful wife Sandy at a cosmetic trade show in the Porte De Versaille exhibition hall in Paris, April 2005. Sandy works for the same company that I do and gets to travel with me from time to time. I have to admit that I don't feel as comfortable this way as I do with leathers on, or perhaps, as little on as possible! If you were to ask Sandy, I think she would say she loves the Nice Guy in me, but lusts for the Bad Boy and really has the most fun when he is around.

John

She looks like a "bad girl" type of girl to me. It is all about the looks I guess. I have to agree with most of the girls who posted on your thread.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
good topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely prefer a nice guy, and I have one (my husband).
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
IMO JH is much more attractive with a "Nice Guy" look. That goes for the cloths "on" too! When a man is in good shape, dressed well (suit or jeans) and smells good all I need is my imagination.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Definately the good guy - I want to be treated with respect.
My husband is a nice guy and I've been with him since I was 19 and I'm now 38.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Nice guys all the way!! (especially long term).
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:03 am      Reply with quote
i voted for the nice guy.

but whoa... IS there such thing as "nice guy" who is NOT a pushover? i've dated both.. more badboys and stuck with mostly badboys (my social network i never meet clean cut guys). i've dated a couple "nice guys" ultimatly i got bored of them because they were pushovers or "yes ma'ams"... is there such thing as Nice Guy ALPHA MALE or is that just an oxymoron?

i am physically attracted to the "bad boy" image.. but by that i mean a more rugged/rough looking guy.. i have never met a 'nice guy' who looks rugged.

and i totally agree with sharky's definition of "bad boys.." they just wanna be cool and put coolness/popularity/face above integrity or reality
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |