Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Foods that make you smell good?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Did anyone mention yogurt yet? Supposedly eating it makes for fresher breath. I've also heard eating strawberries makes you 'taste' better. Embarassed
o88odianao88o
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone!
So, it sounds like ...

YES to:
pineapple
nectoarines
strawberries
yogurt
fresh veggies
parsley (breath)
fennel (breath)
fresh apple juice
chocolate
cinnamon
(btw, I've read on the People's Pharmacy news column that cinnamon is good for you but not more than 1/4 tsp per day)
special gum from Japan! (Tiger Tim, I'm curious! Do you know anything more?)

and NO to:
dairy
raw garlic
raw or fried onions
curry
spicy chinese food / 'spicy' food in general...
smoking

...I'm gonna try these out!
shengyue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Foods that make you smell good?
eat Rose Otto Extract Capsules perhaps can help you.
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolate Very Happy
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
To neutralize those smells that come from those items on your "no" list, you can try body mint (www.bodymint.com) regularly. It's mostly chlorophyll, but I've tried plain chlorophyll from the health food store and it doesn't work as well. Must be something else in it too.

One of my friends take it daily and says that she has doesn't even have "morning breath" anymore.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Genie wrote:
To neutralize those smells that come from those items on your "no" list, you can try body mint (www.bodymint.com) regularly. It's mostly chlorophyll, but I've tried plain chlorophyll from the health food store and it doesn't work as well. Must be something else in it too.

One of my friends take it daily and says that she has doesn't even have "morning breath" anymore.

I've never heard of Body Mint before... very interesting. Have you tried it? Did you friend say how long she had to take it before it started to work?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I had a look at the bodymint website and I cant see an ingredients list?

I'm intrigued.

I just emailed them to ask.
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
So you think foods making you have bad breath (like garlic and onion) also make you have bad body smell? Question

I mainly want to know what foods can make you have better body smell (coming from sweating), or less body smell, to be more clear. Is it pineapple and fruit in general? So we should avoid dairy, curry, spicy chineses food and beef?
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
It's my understanding that the odor from sweat comes from bacteria on the skin, not from the sweat itself. Washing with lots of soap is key. Neutral

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Soap is too harsh to my skin. And I can only shower more than twice a day. Antiperspirant can only be used on underarms, not the whole body. And I am now trying not to use antiperspirant containing aluminum. I think I can smell bad in summer when I sweat a lot. I don't eat garlic, onion, curry and spicy food. Do I carry perfume everywhere? lol Also I am looking for other solutions on here.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Magnesium and zinc supplements can help to decrease or eliminate strong body odor.

I am not sure how much of this one would need to take for an improvement, but if he is not getting enough in his diet, it couldn't hurt to try.

Chlorophyll is also supposed to help.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
I've never heard of Body Mint before... very interesting. Have you tried it? Did you friend say how long she had to take it before it started to work?

You're supposed to take 1 pill in the morning and 1 in at night. She takes it daily and reports no smelly feet either. I'm lazy and just take it when I know I am going to indulge in a spicy or garlicky meal. My husband hates garlic and I love it. There is this amazing garlic overload shrimp scampi that I crave once in a while. I start taking the Body Mint a few days before I indulge and a couple of days afterwards. It helps the smell not come out of my pores like I'm trying to ward off vampires.

Body Mint started in Hawaii and when it's on sale is about $10.00 a bottle of 60 tablets.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information. Just wondering, does it bother your stomach at all?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Genie wrote:

Thats interesting.. Do you have a list of ingredients for it?
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:58 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Thanks for the information. Just wondering, does it bother your stomach at all?

No, it doesn't bother my stomach at all. The pills are green due to the chlorophyllin so my urine turns a brighter yellow (weirdly not green) when I take it.

poohlisey wrote:
Thats interesting.. Do you have a list of ingredients for it?

The bottle says chlorophyllin (100 mg), dicalcium phosphate, cellulose and stearic acid. I guess the chlorophyllin is what makes it work. I guess you can just go to the health food store and try taking chlorphyllin.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info! I'll check it out the next time I'm at Vitamin Shoppe. Very Happy
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Parsley is supposed to be a good body deodorizer as well as chlorophyll.

There is another brand of chlorophyll plus stuff that I've seen in CVS or RiteAid. There used to be a cheaper brand I used to use and loved (came in flavored vanilla mint pellets) that isn't out any longer. I think they're both put out by BreatheAssure...??? I'd have to look.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:42 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
T
The bottle says chlorophyllin (100 mg), dicalcium phosphate, cellulose and stearic acid. I guess the chlorophyllin is what makes it work. I guess you can just go to the health food store and try taking chlorphyllin.

Well thanks for that, because bodymint havent responsed to my email. So there;s no 'magic ingredient', it's just chlorophyll.

Good to know. I could have done with this when I was in the jungle in Borneo. Embarassed
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
this is interesting thread ... never think of this...
o88odianao88o
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, all!

Ooo Genie, this bodymint stuff sounds coooool!

Bosoxy, Magnesium and zinc supplements are great advice too.

Lunarmm- I will have to try parsley too!

Plug-in-babe - Yeah, a lot of people report that eating garlic & spices can cause foul body odor... I don't think it happens to everyone (Then again, it's said that "you can't smell yourself" Laughing )
Anyway, yeah, the reason I brought up this thread-topic was b/c I"m kind of like you-- looking for a solution to body-odor itself, instead of coverups such as perfume and deodorant!

BTW, I want to edit my old posts in this thread so I can add to the list of Good & Bad Foods, but I don't see an "Edit" button! Anyone have any tips (Please PM me) Thanks!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Doctors who specialize in haliotosis do talk about certain foods creating more "bad" body odor, including breathe odor than others. You might do some online research on that angle.

Regarding the Breathe Assure. It seems like it's been renamed Mint Assure by a company called Health Asure -- with some changes in the formulation.

From Amazon:

Directions:
Enjoy 3 mint-coated capsules in your mouth for 30 seconds, then swallow capsules with water. Do not chew capsules. Repeat whenever you need a minty fresh blast of confidence.

Other Ingredients:
Sunflower oil, kosher gelatin, glycerin, parsley seed oil, sugar and natural flavors.

Review posted at Amazon:
Great on the inside, worthless sugar coating, January 12, 2007
Reviewer: Bellaire Doc "Bellaire Doc" (Houston Texas)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00014EP9W/ref=nosim?s=merchant&m=A12IO5KBJD6301&v=glance&tag=nextag-hpc-mp-20&camp=212325&creative=380341
These used to be called Breath Assure. Now, they're covered w/ sugar and a hint of mint, and they're Mint Assure. They work EXTREMELY WELL to get rid of halitosis from the inside out. They have that stupid coating, but don't even freshen your breath superficially. Instead, you swallow them, the gelatin coating dissolves, and the Parsley Seed Oil and Sunflower Seed Oil inside cleans the bad-smelling items from your ?blood or ?lungs so that the air coming up from your lungs and your stomach no longer has garlic or onions or whatever.

In the old days, before the mint/sugar coating, they came in a box of 160 or 75. Now, with the coating, they stick together if they're packed together. So the company wraps each capsule separately in a plastic and foil wrapper.

Take them about 30 minutes before you need them. They are terrific and last for about 4 or 5 hours.

I give it 4 stars, but would give it 5 stars if they removed the worthless sugary coating. It makes them more difficult to swallow (you have to suck the sugar off first) and adds worthless calories.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting about Mint Assure. I have Body Mint on it's way and now Mint Asure is sitting in my cart at Drugstore.com just waiting for checkout. Smile

I'm anxious to try both of these products. Very Happy
o88odianao88o
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
(MintAssure)
Other Ingredients:
Sunflower oil, kosher gelatin, glycerin, parsley seed oil, sugar and natural flavors.

Review posted at Amazon:
...the Parsley Seed Oil and Sunflower Seed Oil inside cleans the bad-smelling items from your ?blood or ?lungs so that the air coming up from your lungs and your stomach no longer has garlic or onions or whatever...

Interesting! Thanks Lunarmm!

I wonder if just eating/swallowing Parsley Seed Oil and Sunflower Oil would do the trick!
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
The shrimp scampi that I love is sold out of a big white truck near the North Shore of Oahu in Hawaii. They are the yummiest little tidbits around for those who like garlic. However, the smell just comes out the pores of skin for days afterwards and you start to regurgitate the garlic taste back into your mouth and throat. This gives you an idea of how wonderful the shrimp scampi is to put up with the after effects.

Taking the Body Mint really minimizes all these effects and my husband only has to suffer for 1 day when I'm a bit garlicky. Very Happy
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
interesting topic...

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |