Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Looking for a clean facial cleanser for Normal-Dry skin.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Any favorite recs are appreciated. Thank you.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Sorbolene cream works a treat. Just splash face with tepid water, massage in a small amount of the sorbolene and take off gently with a wet face washer followed by another splash with the tepid water. Alternatively a lot of people swear by Dove soap. It gives me blackheads, but I have normal skin with an oily t-zone.

I use Johnson's face and eye cleansing and moisturising lotion and this works beautifully for taking off everything except waterproof mascara. When I'm not wearing makeup I use Pears glycerine soap but that may be too drying for you.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
cedar
I have been using rosehip seed cleanser from dianayvonne for over a year now - I LOVE this!

http://dianayvonne.com/product/CSC22_4

a very simple cleanser with NO detergents and ph 5.5.
ingredients: Purified Water, Olive Oil Castile, Vegetable Glycerine, Rose hip See Oil, Essential oils, Seaweed Extract.

my skin is dryish/combo - larger pores in t-zone (much more normal with consistant emu oil usage). this cleanser is usually recommended for dryer skin types (but any skin type can use it).
dianayvonne has a sample size available so you can try it first. 1 oz sample is $4, 4 oz $12, 8 oz $22. If you join theskincareboard, I think you get 5% discount.

one thing to consider -
if you wear a lot of make-up you may have to use an oil to remove the makeup first, then cleanse. I use mineral makeup, and don't wear mascara so this isn't an issue for me. this 2 step process (w/ oil to remove mu first) will probably be necessary w/ any gentle cleanser that does not contain detergents. imho, it's worth the extra step to keep harsh detergents off of facial skin.

highly recommended!!
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I just received Azulene cleanser from Geografx, used it 2 times, and so far I like it. I have dry/sensitive skin right now. It doesn't dry out my skin, and I don't have those tight/uncomfortable feeling that I had with every cleanser I tried lately.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I have winter dry skin that is very acne prone and I use the following (depending on my routine for the night/morning)...

Cetephil-at night I just wipe it off with dry towel.

Juice Organics-at night wipe off with warm wet towel (tends to leave a little film...which would fine if I didnt have acne prone skin)

Queen Helene Triple Whipped Cleanser- another wipe off cleanser.

OCM-My combo of Olive/Jojoba/Castor Oil...use this and steam off with hot towel. I only do this a couple nights a week in the winter bc the hot water can really dry my skin.

My next trial is going to be with Neutrogena Gentle Cleanser...saw it recomm in a magazine.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered DHC Face Wash-- it's supposed to be for normal to dry skin. I'm hoping it's good; I've never had a bad DHC product. It's a cream wash with rosemary and olive oil.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I find Dr. Hauschka's cleansing milk really lovely.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I use and love Suki Naturals Cleansing Milk - I also have normal-dry and can't use anything with detergents or alcohol. I use this after DHC cleansing oil/or any other cleansing oil, and I love it.
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Living here in Colorado I have very dry skin. I have found that MD Formulations works very well. It has glycolic acid in it that helps keep flaking to a minimun. It is not oily so it won't clog what little pores I have.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Currently I'm using Dermalogica's Pre-Cleanse and PC Skin recovery Cleanser at night. During the morning I use Pevonia's Creamy cleanser for dry skin. I just picked up a bottle of Aquanil to try as my PC is running low. I really like the Pre-Cleanse to dissolve makeup.

HTH

Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
PSF Green Tea Facial Cleanser

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I really love Ice Elements creme cleanser.

It is concentrated, so I use just a small amount and a 6 oz container lasts a really long time...

I apply it dry, massage gently and remove with a damp cloth.

The gentleness of the product is a big plus as I wear contact lenses and have had no problems using the cleanser over my eyes with my lenses in.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
hi cedar
i think you should avoid any products that have SODIUM LAURYL SULPHATE
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |