Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

pH Advantage High Potency Effective Vitamin C Serum (51 ml / 1.75 floz) Glominerals Contour Kit - Medium to Dark (13.2 g / 0.46 oz) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
WARNING - Not for the Squeamish! Dogs attack Gator Pic
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.

The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally considered the "apex predator", can still fall victim to implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible due to the tight knit social structure and "survival of the pack mentality" bred into the canines.

See the remarkable photograph below courtesy of Nature Magazine. Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the gator preventing it from breathing, while another dog has a hold on the tail to keep it from thrashing. The third dog attacks the soft underbelly of the gator.

Not for the squeamish!

(Click on the link below to see the picture.)

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bkkgirl_in_ca/photo/294928804212044986/0
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Haha! That's NOT what I was expecting! I was nearly afraid to open the link. Too cute! Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Aww.. that's so cute! Shock Very Happy I thought it would be something that would make me go Shock Crying or Very sad instead! Very unexpecting. Very Happy
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing So cute!
vava_gurl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Curiosity got the better of me!! And I was almost afraid to look - peeking through half closed eyes... Laughing Too cute!!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
hehehe...GOTCHA!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Got me too! Laughing
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
AAAAAhhhhhhhhhh I want one! I must admit that I thought, dogs attacking a gator??? Wouldn't they be eaten!
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Love it!!!!

I clicked on the link with tense shoulders and ready to shut my eyes... What a nice surprise!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Got me too.
So unbelievably cute!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
That was too cute. I was actually afraid to open the link but now I'm glad I did. Very Happy

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Glad you all enjoyed it. When I got it in an email from a friend, I thought, "Oh gosh, what else is she emailing me?" She sent me some nasty pics of a knife wound before. But this was a nice surprise!
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
That's so cute! Makes me think of puppy breath!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Cor Blimey!!

Cherisse, I was geared for blood and gore, and then I got "aw!"

Sweet.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
LOL I thought I was going to be seeing some cool National Geographic action type shot. So cute. Go get him guys! LOL Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Cor Blimey!!

Cherisse, I was geared for blood and gore, and then I got "aw!"

Sweet.

Awwww....was exactly my automatic response to the picture, too. It just melted my heart. Those pups were too cute.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
lol, I got this link from my SO last week and was wondering if I should post it, but ya beat me to it Wink . Very cute and awesome surprise as I thought that it was going to be some gruesome picture as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
this is wonderful! Love it!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)