Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Are you basically saying it works? Laughing Je suis heureuse pour toi but I'm also Crying or Very sad since now I'm up to 3 products I have to order from Osea (up from one mere cleanser).
Dang!!! You guys gotta stop!! You & avalanche are right up there with Katee now!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Laughing Are you basically saying it works? Laughing

yeah, i guess i'm saying it does! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
It DOES sting though!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
so, amylola, verdict for you???
Maybe you don;t have large blown open pores (I mistakenly used a pore strip years ago and they never went back Sad
Does it reduce your pores? I want to stress as well that jenefer, the owner of osea, when she came to train at the store i was working for, said to really massage your face for a while with it for optimal results... i know it stings. i believe it is the essential oils, namely, the juniper, mint, and lime (lime is STRONG--some EDS users actually could not stand the eminence lime stimulating mask, remember?). I add juniper berry oil into my bath with sea salts (a lymph-drainage, refreshing bath DIY recipe posted by Diderot on the DIY threads) and I have the same super-refreshed feeling when I exit the bath. mint definitely lends a "menthol" effect.

I just adore essential oils, they really "do it for me."

As for your review, la vie, that was truly priceless. who else but you could take me straight from twyla tharp to mud wrestling with such eloquence??? You truly deserve every last bit of my cleansing mud for that...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I used the cleansing mud last night, it is so strong for me, it def. takes gettting used to. Also, my bottle is trial sized as well, so no directions. I rubbed it on my wet face, but not sure how long? I rubbed it in for like a minute, then let it sit on my face for another minute maybe, then splashed it off.
Is this right?
Anyway, like La Vie said, I expected a red face, but looked good. I have a few pimples right now that are bothering me, so hopefully this will nip them in the bud, with my healing serum as well!
Can you use the mud as an over night treatment for pimples?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
good news, all. avalange and i have arranged a d*scount with Osea for EDS members. i am using the * because i hate the idea of people abusing our forum for d*scount codes that have been given in good faith to us. i apologise to those who have already ordered (we made it happen as soon as we could) but, if you've fallen in love with the products as much as i already have, you'll be ordering again.

you may PM either myself or avalange for the code. i ask that you not post the code here or any other forum to keep it from being abused.

thank you!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:

Can you use the mud as an over night treatment for pimples?

dear amylola,

i am sure you could, but i prefer the corrective oil for that--it heals them FAST. i don't think it would work for acne, but for isolated pimples (esp the hormonal kind) it is excellent. it heals them as it makes them go away, so no scarring and no red marks.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Cool thanks ava, i will try it tonight!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
amylola,

you have the corrective already? because my line of defense is to apply it every hour (except while sleeping, of course) until the blemish is gone. it works for me, although i sacrifice having a spot of oil on my skin all day...

--avalange

la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Cool thanks ava, i will try it tonight!

tell you what -- you and i will be the guinea pigs! ( i honestly have nothing to lose on my cysts. they have taken perminent residence on my face after my unfortunate experiment with shea....)

avalange ain't never getting her mud back regardless! just ordered another for her plus the full size for me. yum! i am perfectly serious about the mud wrestling Bad Grin
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have it on order, supposed to come today!! Yeah for me. I get to try this strategy out with La Vie! Let's try it all weekend, blast those suckers off our pretty faces!
I also ordered an xtra white algae mask, I love it!!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
oh my, aren't we just the most lavish and happy people EVER?
[I must admit: I have tanning cream on my face now, and I look NASTY!!!!!!]

--avalange

amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Ava - What do you think of the atmosphere protection cream? The cheaper one Smile
Thinking about trying this in the a.m. I got my APC yesterday, and used it last night, and loved it, but may be too heavy for day time.
Thoughts?
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
*Groooaaaaaannnnn!* You guuuuuys!

I have spent over $250 in the last day on lemmings from this darned forum, and now I can feel another one coming on for Osea. With Avalange being a true believer, and now La Vie, I must try this stuff, especially the Cleansing Mud because I am still experiencing breakouts (cysts) along my jaw line and some blemishes on my cheeks. *Sigh!*

Ok, I will PM you gals for the d-code. Cleansing Mud (and God knows what else!), here I come!
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
D-code? Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
LOL I've seen how avalange has converted la vie and amylola in Osea fans! You guys are crazy ordering so many things! You guys have made me order JH products and now I'm gonna order Osea too! Well, not now now, but next week when I'm back at home as I'm away on a holiday at the moment Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
*into Osea fans, I mean Embarassed

Why do I keep making mistakes with my English?!? I guess I need to go back to school and improve my poor English Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I know Lynn, my credit card bills are not looking too good these days! At least I have my review in 2 weeks, hopefully a big raise is coming my way in order to support my "beauty habit" Bad Grin
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
waffle - i can't wait to see your review of all 3 cleansers. i'm totally sold on the mud, and i already use naturderm's triple lavender face foam which is great, but since it only comes in a large bottle, i was thinking that if i order from osea i would order some travel size cleansers also. i figure although i have blemish prone skin (not too bad, but it bothers me) i can also have combo skin and so i wouldn't want to use the mud all the time, especially at night when i use epidermx, so i was trying to figure out which other cleanser i would want to get - the milk or the ocean cleanser? i live in nyc, so highly polluted environment, which makes me think that the ocean one is the way to go, but i would love to see what everyone here thinks.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I like the osea cleansing milk, but have not tried the ocean cleanser yet!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
if anyone's gotten the oily skin travel set, is the corrective complex still in a rollerball applicator?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Lynn - I just ordered over 100USD on JH and now OSEA! However I'm refraining myself until I use up my Jurlique Foaming Cleanser before I try their Ocean Cleanser and gotta try a sample size of their Mudd. I'm also really interested in BOTH their masks...ugh the last thing I need - more masks!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
*into Osea fans, I mean Embarassed

Why do I keep making mistakes with my English?!? I guess I need to go back to school and improve my poor English Sad

It's OK lynn2525, I enjoy reading the posts from people whose first language is not English. If I had to use another language you would never be able to figure out what I was trying to say.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sad, because the 'customize' function on the Osea website that is supposed to help you choose products for your skin type, is broken. I get a 404 error page when I click "Now, get scored!".

I emailed them a few days ago with my specifications and asked them for recommendations, but haven't heard back. Poo.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
email them again Shawna, and tell them that you had not received an answer. That happened to me where the missed my first email, but after I sent a 2nd one stating that I had not received an answer, I got an email from them right away. HTH!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |