Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
FYI: for those of you that thought the Sea Minerals were too harsh to use as a toner on freshly washed skin, try spritzing it after you've applied your makeup and/or powder. very nice!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I used the mud cleanser for the first time tonight. It seems like a very good cleanser and I love the smell. I do not have oily skin and this did not leave my skin dry or tight. Very nice!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if the cleansing mud is similar to 100 % Pure Eucalyptus Seafoam Clay Cleanser. I've heard it's too intense to use around the eye area.

Maybe the regular cleanser would work well with combo skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know Paris. I am sure Avalange will be along to answer, but what I can tell you is that I used the mud cleanser around my eye area with no problems, but I have very tough, normal skin.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
The only reason I brought it up is because that's why I don't use the 100% Pure Seafoam as much. I LOVE it but the peppermint and eucalyptus oils are too much and burn around the eye...hence you can't use it to remove make up.

I don't have sensitive skin, but this really threw my eyes out of whack!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
The only reason I brought it up is because that's why I don't use the 100% Pure Seafoam as much. I LOVE it but the peppermint and eucalyptus oils are too much and burn around the eye...hence you can't use it to remove make up.

I don't have sensitive skin, but this really threw my eyes out of whack!

i wouldn't trust or recommend the Cleansing Mudd to take off eye makeup. i know you like an all-in-one cleanser and i don't think this it. besides, it's only recommended to be used twice a day by oily skinned gals (though i do agree with rileygirl that it isn't drying -- but i prefer to use it in the a.m. because i want to show off my poreless face Laughing ). i think the regular cleanser or the milk can be used near the eyes.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks La Vie...this helps A LOT. It honestly would have been a waste to buy for me. Perhaps I will buy the trial size of their regular cleanser if I don't like my Organic Pharmacy cleanser.

I'm still intrigued by the Sea Minerals though. I read about this product a few months ago on EDS, but went for the Caudalie Beauty elixir...which I didn't like very much...still have the full bottle!

Are the Sea Minerals similar to the Caudalie...does anyone know?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:24 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Thanks La Vie...this helps A LOT. It honestly would have been a waste to buy for me. Perhaps I will buy the trial size of their regular cleanser if I don't like my Organic Pharmacy cleanser.

I'm still intrigued by the Sea Minerals though. I read about this product a few months ago on EDS, but went for the Caudalie Beauty elixir...which I didn't like very much...still have the full bottle!

Are the Sea Minerals similar to the Caudalie...does anyone know?

i still thing the Mudd is an excellent treatment product. it makes your face so beautiful! even if you just got a small trial version and used it as an instant pick me up before going out for a special occassion. it seriously works better for me than most masks i've tried!

i've only used the Sea Minerals twice so the jury is still out. thus far, however, i much prefer it to the Elixir. it feels like it's actually *doing* something, rather than just perfuming my face. (plus i have to be careful -- Caudalie tends to break me out -- so i can't ever think of using it on a clean face, only over makeup.) one thing though, whereas the Elixir smells divine and gives an instant aromatherapy lift, Sea Minerals kind of smells like sea sludge or pond scum Laughing i made you really want this, didn't i??? seriously, i do think this is better than the Elixir, but have to use it longer to give a final word....
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I emailed again today (becoz I forgot to mention I didn't get a confirmation email last time) and finally got a reply this time.(Sounds like I'm bombarding their mailbox Embarassed ) Melissa said my order has been sent. Does anyone know whether it's by USPS for international orders? I hope I'll be able to try the products by next week. Razz
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Don't know what method they used, but Im in the UK and my order for the dry skin travel set came in less than a week! Very Happy Delivery was super fast!

Melissa is lovely and they are very generous with samples. I like everything I've tried so far (Ocean Cleanser, Sea Minerals, APC sample, EYE & LIP sample and the regular face moisturiser.) Going to try the White algae mask tonight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
I emailed again today (becoz I forgot to mention I didn't get a confirmation email last time) and finally got a reply this time.(Sounds like I'm bombarding their mailbox Embarassed ) Melissa said my order has been sent. Does anyone know whether it's by USPS for international orders? I hope I'll be able to try the products by next week. Razz

I got a reply from Steve at Osea that they use USPS for international shipping.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I'm sorry Paris. I did not get that you meant to use the cleanser to remove eye make-up. I am with La Vie on this, I would not use the mud cleanser to remove make-up either!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

Sea Minerals kind of smells like sea sludge or pond scum Laughing

pond scum is the new Chanel! Laughing

I still might buy a travel bottle of the mudd. As for the sea minerals...they sound better than the elixir. I'm not one for merely a perfumed face...sea sludge here I come! Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ok Osea Ladies I need help! (I mean you probably all know that but I mean on something specific rather than generally! Laughing )

I 'need' the Ocean Cleanser and Sea Minerals but I am also lemming the Atmosphere Protection Cream, Eye & Lips and the APC BUT I can only afford one of the three moisturisers if I get the cleanser & mist. Which one should I get - I love the Atmosphere cream but worried it won't be quite enough for my dryer areas - is there a way of making one of them to multi task (moisturise dry bits lots but be light on oily bits and as an eye cream too?
Grateful for any advice!

Thanks!
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
yay!!! i received my osea samples today and can't wait to try them out. i had just asked for the 3 cleansers and eyes/lips, but they also through in samples of APC and the ATPC Smile all in lovely, hygienic tubes . . .
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Ok Osea Ladies I need help! (I mean you probably all know that but I mean on something specific rather than generally! Laughing )

I 'need' the Ocean Cleanser and Sea Minerals but I am also lemming the Atmosphere Protection Cream, Eye & Lips and the APC BUT I can only afford one of the three moisturisers if I get the cleanser & mist. Which one should I get - I love the Atmosphere cream but worried it won't be quite enough for my dryer areas - is there a way of making one of them to multi task (moisturise dry bits lots but be light on oily bits and as an eye cream too?
Grateful for any advice!

Thanks!
Very Happy

Hi Lucia,

I'd definitely go with the APC, since it is really special. It also evens out the skin and moisturizers dry parts while matifying in general, so I think it would be excellent for your combo skin. AND it is very firming/toning, with the same main ingredient that is in eyes and lips that does the same thing, so you can use it around the eyes. It's thick and chock full of active ingredients and botanical and algae extracts, so it' an excellent nutrient/treatment moisturizer for night, and you can use any oil or HA or even liquid oat beta glucans or a hydrosol spritzer (or sea minerals, in fact) to turn it into a lighter consistency for day. It is also a perfect anti-aging cream.

The ATPC is an excellent day cream, also very nourishing, but if I am correct in saying so, it was developed as a daily moisturizer for oily, problem skins. When it was developed, nothing really of its kind existed back then. Men just adore this moisturizer, so if you are a real sporty type, a man, someone who is really oily/acne prone, and you want a very nice, simple, effective day cream, the Atmosphere is great. But if you are a bit more vain like me and want a versatile, active, anti-aging double cuty day-night cream, then APC all the way!

So glad you guys are liking these products--looking forward to even more reviews! After a fitful nap (it's my TOTMImage)
I'm feeling like I need an invigorating bath and a white algae mask pick me up!

Amylola, how is your dermatitis?

re: using the mud cleanser to remove makeup, I've done it when I'm just using the mud as an evening cleanser, but I wouldn't do it every night. I don't think it is that irritating--it just has a high concentration of essential oils. If you've ever tried to put some essential oils neat on the skin, they can burn like crazy... not to say this would ever burn your skin, but it certainly has more EOs than any other cleanser I've used.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange - It is practically gone - Yeah!!!, thanks for asking
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Avalange!
Will get the APC then! Very Happy (I have samples of it and it is lovely - I developed red cheeks (a perfect round slodge on each cheek) from an experiment with retinoids Rolling Eyes They would come and go but were always there in the mornings (I guess from being in a warm bed and the contact on the pillow) it was also there if I got warm or stressed. It would take till lunchtime to go - I've been using the APC sample on my cheeks and the redness is gone within 30/40 mins!! Shock

Marvellous stuff!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Just a little update. I just received my parcel from Osea. It was posted out on March 7, so it took a week to get to Thailand. They sent me samples of Red Algae Mask and Advanced Protection Cream (althought APC is already included in the sensitive skin kit). I can't hardly wait to try White Algae Mask tonight! I'll try the products tonight and report back Smile

avalange,

Now you just gave me an idea. I've been looking for a good moisturizer for my boyfriend. He's currently using Anthony Logistics and it's just so so. Atmosphere cream sounds interesting. Does it have all the good ingredients that other Osea products have? Is it mattifying?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Weighing in here with a slightly different take. I received my cleansers, milk and regular cleanser, along with AdvPC and Atm cream. I was very excited and used them until Monday. On Monday afternoon I realized I was broken out in little bumps all along my jaw line and up the cheeks to my cheekbones. I discontinued using them and took a look at the ingredients and saw Squalane. The same thing happened to me with Lumiere mmu which contains squalane also so I assumed I must have an issue with squalane. However, looking at the ingredients to my IQBeauty TM I see squalane there also and I've had no problems with it so I guess it's back to the drawing board to figure out what's causing the bumps. They're almost completely gone today so I'm sure it's something in the Osea.

kimberly
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
My experience with White Algae Mask was ok. Nothing impressive. I didn't find it hydrating even one bit, but it was a good thing it didn't irritate my skin like most masks tend to do. I'm gonna keep on using it and see if I'll like it better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I used my ocean mudd for the first time but unlike our lovely La Vie, I still have some large pores and a red nose! But I'll keep using it and see what happens.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Weighing in here with a slightly different take. I received my cleansers, milk and regular cleanser, along with AdvPC and Atm cream. I was very excited and used them until Monday. On Monday afternoon I realized I was broken out in little bumps all along my jaw line and up the cheeks to my cheekbones. I discontinued using them and took a look at the ingredients and saw Squalane. The same thing happened to me with Lumiere mmu which contains squalane also so I assumed I must have an issue with squalane. However, looking at the ingredients to my IQBeauty TM I see squalane there also and I've had no problems with it so I guess it's back to the drawing board to figure out what's causing the bumps. They're almost completely gone today so I'm sure it's something in the Osea.

kimberly

oh, rotten! It still might be the squalane -- there are ingredients that irritate or break me out that I can handle in some products either because of the concentration or because of some other mitigating ingredient.
But since you were using all the products at once, I suppose we can't narrow it down (and I'm assuming you don't want to go back and try them one by one to replicate your results!) I know la vie is scared to try to ATPC because it has shea in it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Waffle,
From what I can see, only the Advance Protection Cream and the Lip and Eye cream have the squalane. What I 'might' do in a week or so is go back and try only the cleansers one at a time. I'm going to bet that it's the APC. The IQ TM did have squalane as I said but it was waaayyy down the list.

kimberly
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Well I received all of my goodies yesterday and have a question on the APC. What is the best way to apply this? It doesn't seem to spread very well and since I read that you only need a little, I need to know how to get the "little" to spread and cover everything.

So far I don't have much to report since I've only used these products once, but I do love the way the mud cleanser feels in the morning. It really helps to wake me up! I don't find it stings or burns whatsoever, just gives a somewhat intense cooling effect. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |