Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Scally, did you try the osea clenser yet or the milk cleanser. I have a sample of the ocean cleanser & quite like it -a bit drying to use to remove eye make-up though. Then again, summers coming. The sample was for 2 uses-not enough to make up my mind...love the mudd though! I didn't get a sample of the lotion cleanser..anyone with oilyish skin use it?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
No, I haven't. Smile It's been tough to pry my paws off the mud cleanser long enough to try the Ocean one! I do have a trial size so could give it a shot, maybe I'll do that tonight and use my mud in the mornings. Then, I'll let you know. I am a little hesitant, though, since I'm tired of breaking out lately with my tests.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
scally -- sorry about the oil! and i really hope the APC is not breaking you out -- but wait, aren't you using the ATPC and *not* the APC??? don't want to confuse everybody.... (ATPC is the Atmosphere Protection Cream and APC is the Advanced Protection Cream.)

marina -- i *have* tried the milk to remove my makeup (which it actually did quite nicely), but am always wary of milk cleansers as they tend to break me out. so i used the regular cleanser over it (very minute amount). it did not break me out, but the ocean cleanser didn't get me dry either -- so maybe it was the combo. it's hard for me, like scallawaggirl to want to use anything but the mudd -- totally addictive!

waffle -- i'm thrilled this is working for you. please keep us up to date with your ATPC experiment.

Shawna -- you're doing the right thing (and showing much more restraint than i could) by going at it slow. it's actually nice that Osea has two different moisturisers in case you *do* have bad reactions to one, hopefully the other will be perfect. (gotta love soft skin, huh?) i don't think any of the ingredients will make you "purge" but it as a very active skincare line. and people do have their sensitivities, but i think they show up pretty quickly.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
La Vie, no worries on the oil, I thought it might break me out when I started my test. I have the APC, not the APTC and am diluting it down with HA or sea kelp depending on when I apply it. This afternoon, I put on some APC/HA mix on one half of my forehead and upper cheek. So far, so good but I need to give it another day to really tell.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Scally, you're pretty lucky that your skin breaks out quickly from a product! Smile Of course it's a bummer to have to break out at all, but at least you don't have to play the waiting game. I should hopefully know by day 3 or 4. Then it's on to the next adventure!

La Vie, yeah I didn't think these would cause purging. I remember when I tried the DHCC I broke out horribly (and consistently!) after two weeks of using it. It was a nightmare. I kind of doubt that will happen with these products (fingers crossed).
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Drat & double drat!! My skin loves the cleansers& even the APC cream (the thick one-I still get confused). I was hoping NOT to like the cream, but no............. Crying or Very sad If you hear of a crazed woman robbing a bank wearing the white algae mask to conceal her face..you'll know it's me Rolling Eyes
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I've been using my OSEA products for the past couple of weeks and can say, without a doubt, that I'm officially in love with the Mud Cleanser. And, as my tween niece would say, I'm in "Serious Like" with the Ocean Cleanser.

ME: Oily, acne prone skin -- need to be careful as just about everything clogs my pores but is otherwise not sensitive. I use Ystheal or Eulage or ISC Active at night and, therefore, a good waterresistant sunscreen most days. I happen to love essential oils and clean smelling/feeling products - both are characteristic of OSEA.

Here's my review:

Mud Cleanser -- see above Wink . It is very tingly and I could see where sensitive skin types wouldn't like it. It's what I hoped Dermalogica Cleansing Mud would be, but I don't find it drying the way the Dermalogica was. I do not use it around my eyes. Just massage in for a minute or so and rinse. No residue. DEFINITELY REPURCHASE

Ocean Cleanser -- I've been using this at night after using a cleansing oil to remove my s/s and makeup and am very happy with the results. No dryness, no clogged pores. Happy skin! WILL REPURCHASE

Milk Cleanser -- nice, but I wouldn't dare use this on it's own -- not nearly enough to clean my oily skin. WILL NOT REPURCHASE

Sea Minerals -- do not like at all! Too heavy and makes my skin oily as the day goes on. Will probably use up my travel bottle on my body and that's it -- WILL NOT REPURCHASE

Atmosphere PC -- nice at nighttime after my Avene products, but I typically don't like moisturizers...they all feel too heavy for me. I have liquid oat beta glucan on order and am curious to mix the BG with the AtPC/APC AND EYES/LIPS and use it after my nightly retinoid. MIGHT REPURCHASE, DEPENDING ON THE BETA GLUCAN EXPERIMENT

APC -- Way too heavy for me to use regularly, but I really like it under my eyes after eye cream (only at night). PROBABLY WON'T REPURCHASE

Eyes/Lips -- also nice under my eyes, especially for daytime when I'm not feeling too dry - but lately I've been needing a more heavy duty eye cream that sinks in. WON'T REPURCHASE

Corrective Oil -- not bad, but I typically spot treat with a little Tazorac...NOTHING works as well! WILL NOT REPURCHASE

Ocean Lotion -- very nice for a lightweight summertime lotion. WON'T REPURCHASE - TOO $$$

Red Algae mask -- I know the reviews are mixed, but I like this! I've both simply rinsed the mask off as well as the "rub/exfoliate" method. I will probably not repurchase as I have a feeling the Black Mask (which I still haven't tried) will be better suited for surface oil control, which is the reason I use mud masks.

White Algae mask -- nice -- reminds me of the Dr H Rejuvenating mask for those times that my skin needs a little TLC. WILL NOT REPURCHASE.

That's it (I guess that's enough!). Bottom line - EXPENSIVE products but you don't have to use much. I'll keep the cleansers around for sure and am going to go ahead and buy the Black Algae mask.

HTH
Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Marla - So you don't think the Eyes/Lips is very hydrating? I have dry skin and was really hoping it would be.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Marla - So you don't think the Eyes/Lips is very hydrating? I have dry skin and was really hoping it would be.

I don't think so. To me it feels more like a "protective layer" type of product -- just kinda sits there. For me, it works much better *over* an eye cream.

Keep in mind that my (psychotic) skin isn't dry at all. Even though my eyes get dehydrated, it still has problems "absorbing" really moisturizing products.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi - Sorry if someone's already given this info in this thread already, but does anyone know the pH of the ocean cleanser?

Thanks!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
The Ocean and Mud both tested at 5.5 Ph on my test strips. HTH.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I got sucked in by the raves on this thread and am getting samples of the Ocean Cleanser and the Cleansing Mudd in the mail.

I must say though, that the customer service at Osea is fantastic! They replied to the e-mail that I sent them only about 5 minutes after I sent it.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
since i was sans makeup today, i decided to try the Ocean Cleanser alone. my oh my! i really *do* like it! using a balm cleanser or oil underneath kind of mutes the effect you get from the actives when it's used solo. alone, it kind of sparkles and you can picture little mermen scrubbing and kissing your cheeks. in other words, scally, you have to try this.... do i love it as much as the mudd? no. but i am beginning to think i really really like it!

majorb -- the Eyes and Lips is a little like the APC in that it gives you a protective layer, but i find it much more nurturing than the latter. what i like about it as well is it does seem to give a lift (must be the algae) to the area and make the eyes look more open. with a nice hydrating oil underneath or, sigh, another moisturiser it really is quite nice and it seals in the moisture leaving very well hydrated and lifted eyes.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
since i was sans makeup today, i decided to try the Ocean Cleanser alone. my oh my! i really *do* like it! using a balm cleanser or oil underneath kind of mutes the effect you get from the actives when it's used solo. alone, it kind of sparkles and you can picture little mermen scrubbing and kissing your cheeks. in other words, scally, you have to try this.... do i love it as much as the mudd? no. but i am beginning to think i really really like it!

LaVie - you are too cute!
My 4 year old daughter is OBSESSED with Ariel from The Little Mermaid, so I'm sure this picture will pop into my head every night as I wash my face (the parents of kids who are obsessed with Disney Princesses will understand)...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone ordered osea from beautynhealth.com? I only want to get a trial size cleanser and hate to pay for $6.95 shipping from osea directly.

TIA!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered my Osea trial kit from there. It took forever, as the post office lost it. It finally came, but had no samples, so I feel that is the trade off for free shipping. Like others here, I wish EDS carried it. I do love what I got and will need to reorder the Mineral spray soon. Hope the small container is refillable, as I travel often and it's a great size for that. I wish I had ordered from OSEA directly and will next time.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
also since osea doesn't have a ton of preservatives I would be reluctant to buy from any distributor where I wan't sure how fast they move products in and out -- I'd hate to get something that had been sitting around for months. seems like ordering direct will get you the freshest product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks existential lady and waffle. Guess I may have to spend $6.95 on shipping for $16 product Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
Thanks existential lady and waffle. Guess I may have to spend $6.95 on shipping for $16 product Sad

mtview, since we have similar skin you might want to give the sensitive skin kit a go -- I think you might really like what's in it -- the APC is great and so is the cleansing milk. and then ask them for white algae mask samples with your order. Then you can spend $40 and try a bunch of stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:57 am      Reply with quote
la vie & marla - Thanks so much for your help. I think I probably will go for the Eyes & Lips then, but will bear in mind that I may need to use an additional moisturiser underneath. Perhaps I'll ask the lady at Osea if she can include a sample to try first as she sounds most helpful.

la vie - If you ever come across skincare that feels like Republic of Ireland footballers massaging your skin, please do let me know. I'll buy it for sure! (Mermen are just a little bit creepy.) Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
MajorB, if she found that type of cleanser, you would likely be without a face! Laughing I tried the Ocean Cleanser and it is, indeed, divine. Strangely or not, I had a vision of said mermen (very effeminate ones) working away. It was lovely and I will continue to use it - no breakouts and my skin is looking REALLY good these days! I also used the moisturizing oil (that did break me out) under my eyes and then the Eyes & Lip over that - nice, very nice so it will not be wasted - the smell is soooo yummy. Here is my current primary routine:

AM
Mud cleanser
Liquid Oat Beta Glucans
Triple Vitamin C
DMAE/Firming Serum (specific areas)
Sea Minerals lightly misted, then emu/sea kelp
APTC (I mistakenly thought I had the other)
SS

PM
Mud or ocean cleanser (but mostly mud)
Ystheal Gel - 30 minute wait
Copper peptides
Sea Minerals lightly misted, then emu/sea kelp
APTC

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
MajorB, if she found that type of cleanser, you would likely be without a face! Laughing

Yeah, but at least I'd have a great big smile - until my lips got erased, anyway.

There's just something about a man in that green shirt. Laughing
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
well, I'm glad I waited to order full size products because my skin has done it's biannual bipolar switch back to semi oily (was desert dry until 2 days ago). I swear, it's like clockwork in late march and late october, my skin does a crazy switch.
ANYWAYS, having woken up with an oil slick the other morning, I decided to start using the mudd. and oh my god, you people are not joking around. This stuff really does make pores disappear. I absolutely HATE the burning/freezing sensation while using it but good god it works and I am willing to endure the unpleasantness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Yeah, but at least I'd have a great big smile - until my lips got erased, anyway.

There's just something about a man in that green shirt. Laughing

Smile I hear you! Such a minor sacrifice, huh?

On another note, my skin did a very small freakout (small bumpies in two areas) and I'm thinking it's due to one of three things: sea minerals, APTC or HA-Soy Lift so I'm stopping all of them and reintroducing slowly to pinpoint the culprit. It's a good thing troubleshooting is one of my skills or I'd be a screaming heeby-jeeby right now! Otherwise, I am loving the Mud Cleanser, Essential Corrective Oil, Ocean Cleanser, Red Algae Mask and Eyes & Lips over the dry skin oil. I will be ordering full sizes of the Black Algae Mask and potentially, the Ocean Cleanser, if it doesn't cause a reaction. My skin is so weird.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I must have rawhide skin..the mudd didn't even tingle. I wanted the tingle Confused
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |