Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:57 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
MAYBE due to the protective layer (which I'm still a bit suspicious about)

Hi sormuimui, I'm surprised you don't feel the APC as a layer on your face. It's almost like a thin, transparent version of the white algae (and probably any kind of) seaweed mask.

If you want to feel this APC layer, I have an idea: Do a half-face test. Pick a moisturizer you know sinks in really well for one side and use APC for the other. The contrast is intense. I felt like I was wearing a Phantom of the Opera mask.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:49 am      Reply with quote
RMB: Although I didn't exactly do a half face I alternated days with Chrysalyx and APC to FEEL which I like better in terms of texture, hydration, etc etc. And honestly Chrysalyx was richer but sank right in and my face felt EXACTLY the same as it does with the APC, just APC might feel SLIGHTLY more matte. But honestly I don't exactly FEEL what you guys are talking about, my skin feels the same before I put APC on and after except maybe a bit smoother. But with the White Algae mask it dried tighter than the Red Algae which I didn't like. Maybe I'm using too little, I'm not sure, but I do feel like I got a thin even layer of it spread evenly through my face (I am using more than when I started). But I do know of the "seaweed mask" analogy you talk of as my version of Carekate pearl cream has SK Bio in it and if I apply too much the protective layer is EXTREMELY apparent. But I really don't get that with this. It has kept me clearer and I've gotten less of those bumps (those milia like congested pores mentioned in the other thread) so I'm going to trust you guys on the protective layer thing. I'm also not sure about the glow you guys talk about from using the APC. Honestly I have not had the same experience, I've had way more glow from using my Decleor balms but those are too drying for regular use now. I do still love the APC as I think my skin really likes it, it's hard to find a moisturizer that can really balance out my complex skin and give me optimal moisture. Sometimes my skin does feel tight after I apply it which may be due to the firming/protective layer of this product (sorta like Aloe). Anyways the ONLY thing I don't like about APC is I have to add an extra step of a primer to my makeup days. If I put makeup over APC it enhances every single flaky on my skin even if they were invisible before and I will always have flakies due to constant healing of my skin from regular acne and clogged pores.
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I got a package from Osea yesterday!

I ordered the normal/dry skin travel set, the travel size Mud Cleanser, and also got a sample of the Black Algae Mask and the Eyes and Lips. Wooo.

The Ocean Cleanser and ATPC are already faves of mine, but with this kit I am going to try the Sea Minerals Spray and the Essential Hydrating Oil.

I am trying the Hydrating Oil first (being very careful about trying one product a time!) and noticed that it comes with a roller applicator. How does everyone like this? I usually like to do oils in a dropper and then pat them onto my face, so this is new. Do you really roll it on your face? I am tempted to just roll it on my hands and then pat it into my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I just got the osea cleanser yesterday & mudd. I haven't tried the nudd yet, but what amazes me is how little you need of the cleanser..Just one pump really does the job. I use one and a half because I'm used to using a lot more-my yonka cleanser was gone in just over a month. This should be good for 6 months!

Now if they could just put it in a tube or something to make it travel friendly.....
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
So, after re-reading the first page of this thread, I wanted to clarify for anyone who reads:

The osea ocean cleanser does not take off make-up. I started to get a few whiteheads on my cheeks after wearing spf 50 ss and/or besame foundation. So I suspect it was because I didn't use a different cleanser first after re-reading the first page of this thread. Also found out it's the lactic acid stinging my eyes, not the lime. Somethings just go in one ear... out the other Brick wall

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I just got the osea cleanser yesterday & mudd. I haven't tried the nudd yet, but what amazes me is how little you need of the cleanser..Just one pump really does the job. I use one and a half because I'm used to using a lot more-my yonka cleanser was gone in just over a month. This should be good for 6 months!

Now if they could just put it in a tube or something to make it travel friendly.....

Marina, the trial sizes are great for travel and they can be refilled. I have one for the mudd and the ocean cleanser; however, the masks are not available in smaller sizes but they could be decanted into tiny canisters, which is what I will do.

Quote:
The osea ocean cleanser does not take off make-up. I started to get a few whiteheads on my cheeks after wearing spf 50 ss and/or besame foundation. So I suspect it was because I didn't use a different cleanser first after re-reading the first page of this thread. Also found out it's the lactic acid stinging my eyes, not the lime. Somethings just go in one ear... out the other

I'm just wondering which SS you use, zumlya. I don't seem to have any problem removing mine but I wear Sophina Nuance Up and MMU. I believe that both Ava and LaVie wear heavier euro SS and I think LaVie uses Eve Lom to remove all of her makeup/SS first. Sometimes, if I want to take off heavy layers, I will use hazelnut oil and then a hot washcloth. After, I will use my normal cleanser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I was surprised to read this too.. The osea cleanser removes all my make-up..I use a white towel to dry my face so I can tell. It removes far better than yonka cleanser-that one didn't pass the whte towel test.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Hmm I found the Ocean Cleanser removed all my makeup (inc eye make up) and my SPF 50 with no problem.
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
so i finally tried my mudd cleanser sample. since i have combo skin, i used it (as directed) in the a.m., and my regular cleanser (naturderm's lavender face foam - great stuff) in the p.m. i was able to get about 4 uses out of it, but then i noticed that my skin seemed much dryer than usual, but i didn't notice any great pore reduction. i suppose i could use this less frequently to avoid dryness, but i don't think i was wowed enough by it. i still need to try the ocean cleanser to see how that is though . . .
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used the ocean cleanser in a good while, but I can attest to the fact that the gentlest of all their cleansers, the milk, removes even the heaviest of Euro chemical and/or physical sunscreens. As well as all eye makeup. And I know this because I use cotton pads and avene mineral mist to remove everything, and the pad wipes clean after the second mist--not even equivalent to several splashes of water!

And to Sark: for the pore reduction effects, try massaging the mud cleanser into the skin for 3-5 minutes if you can. It does indeed sting, but it is worth it--I think if you merely wash with it, it won't have this effect. Another thing that Jenefer, the owner, recommended was using a cleansing brush for several minutes. I've never tried it, since massaging it in really works. hth!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I was using Thalgo, spf50. I use that when I'm out all day in the sun (ie. beach or park) I don't wear makeup over it because I have to reapply. I use the apc as a protective barrier which works really well and seem to give me no problems when I used PSF papaya to cleanse it all off.
I didn't know for sure at first, but reading the first page of this thread, made me sure as RMB and tiger agree. Although, I think it would wash a MMU off.
You could do a spritzer or toner test to make sure (if you use a tint). Or perhaps you are using and therefore it doesn't matter. But, I have been trying to quit using toner, and just find a good gentle cleanser only.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
well I finally got my beloved mud back from la vie, and decided to use it tonight in the shower.

Tingle? Tingle?

I have a high pain threshold. Really! When I cut my finger chopping onions, I stare calmly at the blood seeping out of my skin and say nothing.

Tonight I almost let out a scream, the cleanser STUNG so badly. I can see why some people might be really freaked out by this cleanser! HOWEVER I do believe this was because I just had a layer of skin flake off from using retinol products this week--I had, as we call it, the "flakies" pretty badly today, with new skin undeneath. So I just weathered the pain and rubbed and rubbed as long as I could stand it, and then followed up with a clean wet washcloth.

The result? Very glowy, soft, nonflaky skin, and excellent pore reduction!!! I'm so happy to have this back in my routine.

But really, girls, be VERY FOREWARNED if you have recently depleted your stratum corneum in any way!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
sark wrote:
so i finally tried my mudd cleanser sample. since i have combo skin, i used it (as directed) in the a.m., and my regular cleanser (naturderm's lavender face foam - great stuff) in the p.m. i was able to get about 4 uses out of it, but then i noticed that my skin seemed much dryer than usual, but i didn't notice any great pore reduction. i suppose i could use this less frequently to avoid dryness, but i don't think i was wowed enough by it. i still need to try the ocean cleanser to see how that is though . . .

I have the similar experience. I can't say my skin was much dryer than usual but my flakies are more visible if I don't immediately follow up with a toner. My skin does NOT feel tight or dry though. I didn't notice pore reduction either even when I'm standing there massaging for a long time. Maybe I should try it with my Clarisonic some time. I still realy like it and yeah I expected a more "wow" effect as well. But I like using this in the AM a lot, no tingles or stings though (even if I have some skin peel off from healing acne) but it's a nice cool minty feeling which helps wake me up. Plus it's a good cleanser for when you need a bit more oomph or when your skin is feeling oily. It's definitely a staple in my routine now along with the Ocean Cleanser.
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
After my initial questioning of whether the cleansing mudd was going to work for me (so much tingling!), I've fallen in love with it. I use it with my Clarisonic and it reduces my pores and makes my skin glow. I finally got used to the tingling feeling.

The white algae mask works great especially after a long flight and I'm loving the Atmospheric cream too. It's too bad that their travel sizes are packaged in glass containers. It makes them quite heavy to tote around on a trip.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I used all the Osea's products in the sensitive skin kit when I first got it once, but decided to keep them for traveling. But after talking to sormuimui about Osea's Cleansing Milk today, I thought I'd use the products again today. I didn't do anything out of ordinary. Just simply cleaned my face with the cleansing milk, put on the eyes and lips and APC. My face felt really itchy after I used the cleansing milk, but I just ignored it thinking it would go away. My skin also felt a bit taut. I don't know what's wrong as none of this happened the first time I tried all these products. Plus my skin has been behaving really well lately...not so sensitive or dry parched anymore. But now my face is covered with red irritated bumps and blotches and feels very itchy too! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Did anyone get dry, burning eyes when they used osea cleanser to remove eye make-up? I don't have sensitive skin & I'm trying to narrow down the culprit. Could be ystheal eye cream but I'm using it right now (in case).I don't think ystheal is that strong anyway. The cleanser is the only thing I can think of Embarassed
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Marina -- I've never had a problem using OSEA Ocean cleanser near my eyes -- I use Ystheal/Eluage a few times a week.

In the past, the only time I've had problems with products near my eyes is when I was on Tazorac. So I think the Ystheal is probably your culprit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Marla...actuallly I wasn't clear. It's not while I'm cleansing..it's after when I put an eye cream on. It's like my eye area is sensitized. It's probably the ystheal. I was using it every night for a couple of weeks.The outer corner of my eyes is pulling down. Confused It may have been too much. After, it was the JM age intervention at night & PSF stimucol C in the morn. Looks like it'll have to be plain, no actives moisturizer till I figure it out.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Just thought i would revive this thread as I just placed an order with Osea for the APC and the ATPC (for my aunt), and the sea minerals. Silly me, forgot the eye cream, so i emailed them, will call tommorrow when they open to make sure they add that to my order.

Avalange was also nice enough to help me with the d*scount c*de and saved me quite a bit of money. Unless it was a mistake, I think they offer free shipping too on larger orders, which apparently i qualified Wink.

I am in southern california, so hopefully the products comes soon and i can continue the rave. i haven't sifted through this whole thread which should be entitled "osea products" to be more accurate. it's choke full of great information.

I would also love to hear anymore updates or further thoughts Smile .

Kristen~

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I just received the Osea travel set for sensitive skin and I absolutely love their products, especially eyes and lips. I was wondering how I may find out about any d*scount c*odes available to order full-size products. Thanks so much!!
Caspers Mum

Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Good news, everyone.

Osea will soon be sold on the EDS website. Very Happy

You should see it soon, but please: don't PM or e-mail like crazy about "when"! Just know the order is on it's way, and the products will be illustrated our website soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
YAY!!! Can't wait!!! Thanks EDS.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
This IS good news!
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, that's so awesome! I was contemplating whether to order or not- didn't want to pay $13 to ship to Canada on top of duty, taxes, and brokerage fees, etc. The first thing I'm going to order when it arrives at EDS is the Eyes and Lips...
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
Good news, everyone.

Osea will soon be sold on the EDS website. Very Happy

You should see it soon, but please: don't PM or e-mail like crazy about "when"! Just know the order is on it's way, and the products will be illustrated our website soon.

Good News
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |