Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
oh, I was so sad when ID closed. I worked at camouflage during that time, selling the lingerie. what a small small world!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I remember when it came out, and I bought some as a present for a friend, but I never bought any for myself - silly girl! I didn't go to Melrose as often as the others, but I spent more then my share of time there. I remember Ann, who worked in Brentwood for years. And the Santa Monica store is the Siren that calls to me while I'm in my car......But no, I don't remember those lipsticks.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
oh, I was so sad when ID closed. I worked at camouflage during that time, selling the lingerie. what a small small world!!

and i bought all of my lingerie at camoflauge!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I miss ID, it was like a santa cruz institution. to me it is heresy that a 'sockshop' is there now!

Did you ever shop in the back room there? I became the buyer and replaced Crabtree and Evelyn (personal yuck!) with Fresh, L'Occitane, Bloom, and Osea and Living Nature. I felt like I did a good deed. It had great potential, but sadly, fell apart financially after 9/11. It was so much fun!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
... BTW, anyone ever been to Naimies in the Valley? They have virtually EVERYTHING, and all the industry people shop there. Very inexpensive, high quality brushes, too. ...

OMG, this is such a small world! You gals are talking about loads of places I've been (and am now very close to, having moved up from Newport Beach to West LA!).

Avalange, one of my best friends is a pro makeup artist (really pro, like TV, movies, music videos, runway, S-FX, etc.) who owns a studio and academy, and she sends her students to Naimie's all the time. They have an online store now, but I think its pretty limited. I haven't been there in a long while and at the time I went there, I was only looking for Japonesque stuff and none of the pro stuff (like latex molds or anything for monster masks!). But you're right - they do have loads of stuff there and it is a huge industry haunt for pro level products and they also have a hair salon, wig store and a day spa. Pretty cool!

http://www.naimies.com/

http://www.naimies.com/shopping/index.asp?ca=536&cas=0
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:59 am      Reply with quote
yeah, finally!

As far as I know, they have every makeup line worth buying, including Julie Hewitt, PLUS, like you mention, all sorts of other special effects and generic brands. And lovely candles and the best hair stuff. Girls in LA--it is worth a trip to the valley!

--avalange

MermaidGirl wrote:
avalange wrote:
... BTW, anyone ever been to Naimies in the Valley? They have virtually EVERYTHING, and all the industry people shop there. Very inexpensive, high quality brushes, too. ...

OMG, this is such a small world! You gals are talking about loads of places I've been (and am now very close to, having moved up from Newport Beach to West LA!).

Avalange, one of my best friends is a pro makeup artist (really pro, like TV, movies, music videos, runway, S-FX, etc.) who owns a studio and academy, and she sends her students to Naimie's all the time. They have an online store now, but I think its pretty limited. I haven't been there in a long while and at the time I went there, I was only looking for Japonesque stuff and none of the pro stuff (like latex molds or anything for monster masks!). But you're right - they do have loads of stuff there and it is a huge industry haunt for pro level products and they also have a hair salon, wig store and a day spa. Pretty cool!

http://www.naimies.com/

http://www.naimies.com/shopping/index.asp?ca=536&cas=0

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I finally caved in and bought Osea White Algae Mask and their travel kit for dry skin today Smile I didn't wanna get the mask at first as it only came in full size and I wasn't sure if I would like it. But since my skin is so dry and dehydrated right now, I thought I could do with a nice mask. If I don't like it, I'll send it to you avalange Smile Also, I was gonna go for all full sized products, but thought I'd better try them all in small sizes first Smile I really hope I'll like them, so I can find something to alternate between my CDP La Creme as it's so expensive!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
osea emailed me to say that they've sent out samples of the 3 cleansers and eyes & lips - can't wait to try everything! great customer service!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I think they only send out samples to ppl in the US. I emailed them asking which products will suit my skintype, whether they send out samples internationally and their shipping rates to Canada and the first 2 questions were ignored and I was only answered the shipping rate Sad
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I actually ordered the sensitive skin travel kit. I wrote down dry skin earlier.... Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I just reordered the white algae mask, I love it, I find myself using it every 3 days.
Its really nice!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
I just reordered the white algae mask, I love it, I find myself using it every 3 days.
Its really nice!

How long has a bottle lasted you? Have you tried the Red Algae Mask?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Its really nice!

so which osea products are you using now aside from the mask? do you think some are better to help with breakouts (or at least not induce them)?
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sark,

Which email did you use? I've emailed them twice and haven't gotten a response at all. Maybe I need to start dropping some names...? Wink
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
i filled out their online contact form and used the info@osea address - in their email to me (which did take a couple of days since i contacted them over a weekend) they mentioned that they received both. perhaps try again and mention the eds forums?
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sark, one more question... did you use "information" or "product requests" for the optional subject line on their online form? I'm hoping they send me some samples, but don't want to be too pushy. Smile
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
i used "information" - hth!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
hi guys,

they are a company of two people, and as la vie mentioned, they have had a huge presentation this week to be the featured skincare in that fabulous atlantis resort in dubai, so i don't think that this week was the best for them to receive a barrage of requests and questions after all. it's certainly not about dropping names, i just think they were a bit overwhelmed--i'd try again, and mention how you were ignored!!!

--avalange

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I wrote them for samples late last week and received a answer yesterday from Melissa. My samples are on the way. Yeah.

kimberly
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I still have about 1/2 my bottle left. I have stopped using osea right now, developed a wierd rash all over my face. small flesh colored bumps, you can't really see them unless you get up really close. BUt you can feel them, it is grossing me out, no idea how this happened, but gonna not try anything new right now.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
so sorry to hear that Sad which product do you have 1/2 left of, and which products were you using that might be the culprit?
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sark, I am cautious about blaming anything right now - I don't know if I overdid it with the algae mask, or if I scrubbed too hard with a washcloth, but its not acne, its more like a rash, just tiny bumps, they do not have any thing in them, they are not clogged pores, so I am really not sure. If I had to say one thing, I would say the algae mask, but I am not certain it was that either, cause I've been using it for like a month and have not had problems til yesterday. sooooo i really don't know, I am just being really gentle right now and trying to clear it up.
I have half the algae mask left and another full one too.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
i'm so sorry about this - i know how much it sucks to have setbacks like this. so, you're sure it's not congestion? i've had this bumpy patch toward my chin/jaw for a while - not zits, just flesh colored, but i couldn't get rid of them. since i've been using the combo of naturderm products coupled with i feel pretty's healing serum (similar to osea's corrective complex) on the bumpy area a couple of bumps have turned into zits for sure, but now that they're coming to a head (yuck, i know) at least i should be able to extract them, so i guess that's progress. how frequently were you using the mask? do you have the corrective complex or healing serum to try out on one or two bumps, just to check that it's not clogged pores?
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
well ive never had this before, its def not clogged pores, and i really dont think its acne, my face is really dry and almost hurts. At least you cant see it, that is the good part. It's more of a texture thing. I just put a bunch of the CoQ10 serum from GOW on my face, its mostly calendula oil, jojoba, etc, very soothing, I also did an organic mask from PSF. I guess I'll see if it is any better tomorrow. I am frustrated cause my skin was so good for a while. Oh well!
THank you for your concern!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Amylola,
That's exactly what happened to me when I attempted to use OCM. Mine got so bad that the skin peeled.

kimberly
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I get that from certain food allergies.....and it did peel afterwards.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |