Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I used my Osea products for the first time last night. The cleansing mud is a bit drying. I love the tingling feeling though. I followed with the white algae mask which made my pores around my nose area almost disappear.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I received my mud cleanser today so had to try it right out. Since I lean way on the oily side (this has lessened greatly, though), my skin did not dry out at all. Of course, I'm beginning to peel now from a Wednesday TCA Complex application so it's a bit tight but I don't believe that had anything to do with the cleanser. I left it on for a good 6-7 minutes and the tingling just felt nice to me.

There was a sample size APC in my travel kit and I diluted it with sea kelp. I am testing this on one side of my face because it has squalene, which is known to cause me problems so we shall see. So far, though, the mud cleanser seems to be a big winner. Also, they sent the wrong kit (normal/dry) and I called to fix it, the kind gentleman told me to keep it and pass it on as a one time offer (of course). I thought that was very nice.

I have a very strong feeling that the Osea products are going to agree with my skin in a huge way because sea kelp works fantastically for me so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
scally -- you can use it on the whole face. the normal/dry kit comes with the Atmosphere Cream. oh, but you sometimes have problems with shea too, no? and, ooh, tell me how you like the oil.... you can roll some on your hands when you do your emu mix, et al. my face just loves this.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
LaVie, do you mean the APC? I used the cleanser all over and the diluted APC on one side to see, if it breaks me out. Shea is a no-no on my face, for sure. I'll test out the oil, as you noted, along with my emu. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
LaVie, do you mean the APC? I used the cleanser all over and the diluted APC on one side to see, if it breaks me out. Shea is a no-no on my face, for sure. I'll test out the oil, as you noted, along with my emu. Smile

in the sensitive kit:
Atmosphere Protection Cream: 100% Natural Derived Ingredients. Red Algae Gel Extract (Chondrus Crispus), Coco Caprylate/Caprate (Vegetable Glycerides), Macadamia Nut Oil, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Glucoside (Corn & Coconut Glucolipid), Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Natural Smectite Clay), Palmitoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Calendula Extract, L-Lysine Lauroyl Methionine (Amino Acid from Plants), Xanthan Gum, Laminaria Algae Extract, Retinyl Palmitate & Ergocalciferol (Vitamin A & D), Ginkgo Biloba, Citrus Grandis Seed Extract, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Amino Acid), Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

in the dry kit:
Advanced Protection Cream: 100% Natural Derived Ingredients. Red Algae Extract (Chondrus Crispus), Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline (DPHP), Coco Caprylate/Caprate (Coconut Emolliant), Glyceride Wax, Cetearyl Glucoside (Coconut & Corn Emulsifier), Olive Squalane, Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Algae Extract, Macadamia Nut Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Capryloyl Glycin (Amino Acid), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Avocado Oil, Undecylenoyl Glycin (Amino Acid), Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Amino Acid), Calendula Extract, Retinyl Palmitate & Ergocalciferol (Vitamin A & D), Potassium Ascorbyl Tocopherol Phosphate (Vitamin C & E), Citrus Grandis Peel Oil, Xanthan Gum.

i do think it's really fantastic that they're just giving you the kit gratis, though. they're just a really cool company!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

in the sensitive kit:
Atmosphere Protection Cream: 100% Natural Derived Ingredients. Red Algae Gel Extract (Chondrus Crispus), Coco Caprylate/Caprate (Vegetable Glycerides), Macadamia Nut Oil, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Glucoside (Corn & Coconut Glucolipid), Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Natural Smectite Clay), Palmitoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Calendula Extract, L-Lysine Lauroyl Methionine (Amino Acid from Plants), Xanthan Gum, Laminaria Algae Extract, Retinyl Palmitate & Ergocalciferol (Vitamin A & D), Ginkgo Biloba, Citrus Grandis Seed Extract, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Amino Acid), Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

in the dry kit:
Advanced Protection Cream: 100% Natural Derived Ingredients. Red Algae Extract (Chondrus Crispus), Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline (DPHP), Coco Caprylate/Caprate (Coconut Emolliant), Glyceride Wax, Cetearyl Glucoside (Coconut & Corn Emulsifier), Olive Squalane, Glycerin, Aloe Vera, Algae Extract, Macadamia Nut Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Capryloyl Glycin (Amino Acid), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Avocado Oil, Undecylenoyl Glycin (Amino Acid), Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (Amino Acid), Calendula Extract, Retinyl Palmitate & Ergocalciferol (Vitamin A & D), Potassium Ascorbyl Tocopherol Phosphate (Vitamin C & E), Citrus Grandis Peel Oil, Xanthan Gum.

i do think it's really fantastic that they're just giving you the kit gratis, though. they're just a really cool company!

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Well, I guess I will see if either one breaks me out as there are two ingredients that are iffy for me in each one. I just got done with my Facemate Ultrasound treatment (lovely thing) and am going to give the red algae mask a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried the ATPC cream on my face last night and woke up with red bumps. Does this mean that my skin can't tolerate it? Sad
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I just tried the ATPC cream on my face last night and woke up with red bumps. Does this mean that my skin can't tolerate it? Sad

Try it on one section of your face and eliminate other products to ensure that it truly is the problem. If you experience the bumps after the test, then, no, I'd say your skin doesn't agree with something in it. This happens to me all of the time so don't feel left out. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:

i'd say that is a pretty good indication to stay away from it -- some ingredient obviously didn't agree with you.... depending on what kind of bumps they were, what you did before (and have been using on your face), you *may* want to test again, but.... well, i'd just take it as a no.

i hope your face clears real fast!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, LV, I'm having an "I love myself" moment here with the red algae mask sitting pretty on my face (I find the smell comforting; yes, I'm weird but I love essential oils, as well) - this after a nice cleanse with the mud then:

-Oxylight treatment
-Facemate Ultrasound treatment
-Algae mask

I looked good BEFORE I put the mask on so will report back after I remove it. Smile That Facemate rocks! Right now, I'm so oogly inside from my strong like for the Osea products that I am really, really praying my skin doesn't give the thumbs down. They make me feel like I am actually pampering myself - with the price for the amount of that mask, I mean it! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in love with the Osea Cleansing Mud, ever since I received my order i've been using it twice a day. I was thinking about using it in the morning and then using Eve Lom, or the Osea Cleansing Milk in the evening, just because I'm not sure if using it twice a day is overdoing it?

I'm definitely planning on purchasing the fullsize Red Algae Mask and now really want to try the Black Algae too Smile This line seems perfect for combination skin and i'm enjoying the products so much.

I'm not too sure about the ATPC yet. I'm going to keep using it for a few weeks to see if it works for me, but i'm hooked on everything else I've used so far!
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
How long is it taking everyone to receive their packages? I got an email last week from Melissa saying that samples were sent out to me. This was on Wednesday the 14th, so I assume they were sent on the 13th or 14th. It's been about ten days.

It feels like forever! Is this a pretty typical delivery time for Osea? I live in Seattle, so it isn't even an international shipment. If I don't get them tomorrow, I'm going to start to wonder if they got lost in the mail or something.

Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks scawalagirl, and la vie en rose, for the advices. I think I'll stay away from ATPC for now until the little bumps go alway, and then maybe I'll try again. Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I'm in love with the Osea Cleansing Mud, ever since I received my order i've been using it twice a day. I was thinking about using it in the morning and then using Eve Lom, or the Osea Cleansing Milk in the evening, just because I'm not sure if using it twice a day is overdoing it?

I'm definitely planning on purchasing the fullsize Red Algae Mask and now really want to try the Black Algae too Smile This line seems perfect for combination skin and i'm enjoying the products so much.

I'm not too sure about the ATPC yet. I'm going to keep using it for a few weeks to see if it works for me, but i'm hooked on everything else I've used so far!

as far as using the Mudd twice a day, just listen to your skin. while i don't find it drying, that would be too much for my skin right now. in summer, however, i will probably be doing that. but but but, i use a heavy duty euro sunscreen and *nothing* will take me away from using Eve Lom every night. even in the summer i will use it, but probably a quick rinse with the Mudd after just because it feels so damned good and soothing.

i too am devoted to the red algae mask. (weird isn't it, how some of us prefer the red to the white and others are completely opposite?) i think the black is going to be a staple as well. i still have enough of the white that avalange so kindly gave me so i haven't given up on it yet. like scally said -- it just feels so pampering!

i've not used the APTC and never will because of the shea. anybody that isn't thrilled with it (or has some reaction), i encourage to try the Advanced Protection Cream. avalange, who has had access to both for years now, swears by it. my skin is very different, yet i adore it as well. and the ingredients are different as well. so this advice is for Lisey as well. give it a try! while i'm not entirely convinced that it gives enough moisture to parched skin, it is now an every day product for me to sandwich between my skincare and sunscreen and i'm very happy with it.

scally -- i hope you try the oil after your mask. it's just heaven. and if you have a boo boo, dabbing on the red algae mask at night does seem to help the inflammation and redness.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, I did use the oil - OMG, geranium, which I adore. I mixed it with emu/sea kelp and it was simply wonderful!

My skin looks fantastic right now. On the side with less-obvious pores, they are smooth and almost appear poreless. I am going to continue working on my other side's acne scars as I now know I can achieve success over them.

I have a sample of the white algae so will try that out tomorrow to see what I think of it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
What do you guys think of the Ocean Cleanser? Can you use Cleansing Milk in the morning?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
What do you guys think of the Ocean Cleanser? Can you use Cleansing Milk in the morning?

I haven't tried the ocean cleanser but I love the cleansing milk for any time of the day. It's not harsh yet removes makeup easily (for my makeup anyways) and feels very moisturizing but not filmy, if that makes sense. I think the ocean cleanser is made for am/pm use as well.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I have a travel size of the ocean cleanser but haven't tried it yet. Since I woke up late - my cat-faced alarm clock named Rémy was having no more of my sleeping in this morning so I rolled out around 9:30 - anyway, my skin looked (looks) wonderful. It's rosy and fresh, just the slightest shine and the small pores remained. I'm absolutely thrilled with the products but should also add that I did do a session with my Quasar SP after my personal lovefest yesterday. What a fantatic pampering and wow, the outcome, I AM THRILLED.

I may have to seek a divorce so I can marry the nice man I spoke with on the phone. That way, I can have Osea whenever I want. Wha? I've snapped out of it - must be the MSM talking. I'm off to use my mud cleanser - not because I need it, mind you - I just WANT to use it! I did twice yesterday and it didn't dry me out at all. Wheee...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Hey, I did use the oil - OMG, geranium, which I adore. I mixed it with emu/sea kelp and it was simply wonderful!

My skin looks fantastic right now. On the side with less-obvious pores, they are smooth and almost appear poreless. I am going to continue working on my other side's acne scars as I now know I can achieve success over them.

I have a sample of the white algae so will try that out tomorrow to see what I think of it.

so glad you love these products scally, i tried the same combo above, and LOVED it--so fresh, pure, and active--yum! well my computer crashed so i've been trying to get it to work via everlong internet cafe chats with dell reps, wish me luck you guys! lots going on here that i am missing!

crossing my fingers,
avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
well my computer crashed so i've been trying to get it to work via everlong internet cafe chats with dell reps, wish me luck you guys! lots going on here that i am missing!

told you you should've gotten a mac! Image
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
You're just evil. Bad Grin Crossing fingers for you, Ava, though Dell support blows IMO. They're just worthless. Perhaps a backup program like Acronis True Home Image would be worth looking into. You can set up a restore disk (to boot from) and then replace the system at the point of last backup. It works very well and is fairly user friendly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm still loving the mud too! I bought a full sized almost as soon as I tried the sample. I have the ocean cleanser otw. I also bought the ATpc (thinking I might want something light for summer), but I stopped to use Pearl cream. The few pimples I thought I got from the OCM disappeared, so I'm thinking it was the ATPC. I'm going to try again in a week or two. (Might just have to break down and buy the APC, ugh.)
I've been using my APC sparingly. I use it when I wear heavy sunscreen (currently using the free thalgo spf 50 (thanks, eds)). And, there have been no breakouts, whew. I am testing this again today. Time to hit the beach!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
It's going to be okay, everyone. I got my samples in the mail yesterday. Potential crisis averted. I simply had to be patient. Smile

Because my skin can be a bit reactive, I am trying the products one at a time, which is going to be a slow process. Last night after using my usual cleanser and toner (Zenbiotics... though I am looking to replace this line!) I moisturized most of my face with my usual and then used on the ATPC on my forehead. Oh my god. My skin has *never* been so soft. I had to make an effort to not keep touching it.

Woke up this morning and my forehead is still very soft, with no irritation or spots (I am very acne-prone). I am going to continue using the ATPC for a few days to see if it breaks me out. Do you think that's enough time? I know it varies with each product, but I don't expect anything about this to be particularly 'purging'. I guess we'll see.

So, that's my story so far! I am praying this stuff agrees with my skin. I would love to be able to live with skin this soft. Very Happy
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
one more person adding on that the APC and cleansers/masks do not break me out after about a week and a half of use.
I haven't tried the ATPC, but will maybe do a half face comparison with it and the APC once I recover from pulling an all nighter on friday and jumping on a plane saturday morning. when I got off the plane I did my dermalogica microfoliant, a red algae mask, slathered on some APC, and that seems to have prevented the disaster I was expecting, fortunately.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Well, so far for me, the mud cleanser 2x/day is working wonderfully. I leave it on for awhile, kind of like a mask, and it's not drying me out at all. The essential hydrating oil I cannot use, unfortunately, it broke me out but that wasn't too big of a surprise at it's meant for dry skin even though I loved the smell. I can use the sea minerals spray and really like it with my emu/sea kelp on top.

Now, as for the masks, the red algae is wonderful and I did a test of the white algae yesterday. It did brighten my complexion so might be nice to have as a boost on occasion like Avalange uses it - no breakouts so far. I will be getting the black algae, as well soon. I am still testing the APC but pulled it out of the line up once I started breaking out. I think I'll put in on one side to see how that works. The good thing for me is that I break out IMMEDIATELY when a product doesn't agree. Wink

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |