Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Osea Ocean Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I must have rawhide skin..the mudd didn't even tingle. I wanted the tingle Confused

WOW -- no kidding?!
It's pretty tingly for me (and I usually don't get tingly) - but it's more in my eyes than anything (if that makes sense)...I think it's the tea tree oil...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I must have rawhide skin..the mudd didn't even tingle. I wanted the tingle Confused

really???? I thought my face was literally melting off. Like washing with tiger balm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
well, I'm glad I waited to order full size products because my skin has done it's biannual bipolar switch back to semi oily (was desert dry until 2 days ago). I swear, it's like clockwork in late march and late october, my skin does a crazy switch.
ANYWAYS, having woken up with an oil slick the other morning, I decided to start using the mudd. and oh my god, you people are not joking around. This stuff really does make pores disappear. I absolutely HATE the burning/freezing sensation while using it but good god it works and I am willing to endure the unpleasantness.

Laughing i'm still waiting for my "time of change."

and don't stress too much about the mudd. the feeling never goes away, but it does mellow a bit with continual use, and you kind of find yourself looking forward to it.... scally called it addictive and i have to concur. i am the world's worst morning person (doesn't matter what time, really, just don't talk to me the first hour), but i've found myself semi-chipper these days, looking forward to my morning mudd. how sick is that??? i know, i know -- get a life!

majorb -- **** the cleanser! i say day trip! Bad Grin
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Laughing let me put it this way...years ago I started with retina-a 1% and all I got was flakes around my chin.So, why am I so scared to do a peel like Scally???? I don't get myself Embarassed
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Laughing let me put it this way...years ago I started with retina-a 1% and all I got was flakes around my chin.So, why am I so scared to do a peel like Scally???? I don't get myself Embarassed

so we get you to do a peel, say 90%, then i'd betcha you'd feel tingly! Wink
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

I have a good answer!
You melasma-prone, right? Welllll, if you do a peel and something goes wrong and you scar, it could be worse and/or take a long time for a melasma-prone person to heal up. (Actually, this is true, no BS'ing Wink )

Retin A -- pffft -- no scarring - just a chance of a little redness/flakes...no biggie for people like us...just throw on some moisturizer

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Marla, you're a genius!

I thought of that right after I posted..something was naggin at me..and that was it! You're right..one slight nick and the areas darkens & takes ages to heal. Years ago my derm. rejected me for dermabrasion for that exact reason. He was afraid, with my skintone, I'd have pigmentation problems. This was even before my melasma set in. I'll stick to my exfoliants and melasma serums.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
marina wrote:

I have a good answer!
You melasma-prone, right? Welllll, if you do a peel and something goes wrong and you scar, it could be worse and/or take a long time for a melasma-prone person to heal up. (Actually, this is true, no BS'ing Wink )

Retin A -- pffft -- no scarring - just a chance of a little redness/flakes...no biggie for people like us...just throw on some moisturizer

Just want to point out that Scally is very, very careful with peels and so have had good progress and no scarring. Did I mention I am very careful? So careful, in fact, that I have a stop watch that I use when I do my peels and I always started out at the minimum time of one minute because I was a scaredy cat!

The mud cleanser does tingle on me A LOT! It's fun, though, and I'm totally addicted to it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm definitely getting the mudd even if I don't get a tingle. I've run out of active serum and due to you guys making me spend all this $$$(around tax time no less) I haven't replaced it (yet). In the meantime, the mudd took care of any nasty bumps that wanted to appear! Instantly!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
I have a good answer!

Shock i didn't realise this.... oof! thank you for the warning. guess i will continue to just use the exfoliates i've been using and stay far far away from peels.

oh, as for the mermen -- no kids here, but am a favourite auntie of four girls who have all gone through that phase (one still is). i am just a kid at heart, always will be! as for my favourite status, who else would think of bringing potato guns to a wake?
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Marina - I'm going to be running out of AS pretty soon too. I'm wondering if the TCA Latte would be a good replacement -- have you tried it?

Maybe I should just go back to my old tried-and-true JM Bioglycolic. I can get it at a discount. Nowadays I'm only using AS a couple times a week and using the Avene products the rest of the time...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Me, too, La Vie as to being a kid...I OWN a lot of "kids" movies and mine have long ago flown the coop (kids, I mean, not movies). I make no apologies and am a lot of fun to have at parties. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
Marina - I'm going to be running out of AS pretty soon too. I'm wondering if the TCA Latte would be a good replacement -- have you tried it?

Maybe I should just go back to my old tried-and-true JM Bioglycolic. I can get it at a discount. Nowadays I'm only using AS a couple times a week and using the Avene products the rest of the time...

I haven't tried it yet..I will, though. It's supposed to be very gentle, leave-on. Knowing me, I'm too afeared to leave it on all night..god knows what I'll wake up to. I'll try during the day since I'm home & see what it does.

I was going to replace AS with JM as well..a lot cheaper. I was going to go for the bioclear, the bioglycolic is very gentle (too gentle). The one thing I will miss is the plumping that AS gives on top of the exfoliation. I'll let you know.

You just reminded me..I got a free bioglycolic cream from EDS. I guess I could use it in the meantimee; I usually like serums better than creams though.

By the way, I recently received a daisy serum by mistake (I ordered the BGs) I've tried it for a few days & I like the brightening so far. This is supposed to work well for melasma. Fingers crossed. My skin's even right now...just in time for summer Rolling Eyes
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I've had my eye on the Daisy Serum - one of these days I'll try it since I can buy it ready-made (I decided a long time ago that I'm a lousy DIY'er). I remember using a small sample of a similar product from Diana Yvonne (kojic acid something) and liking it -- not sure why I never kept it up Embarassed

Definitely keep me posted if you're just as happy with the JM.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
marla wrote:
I remember using a small sample of a similar product from Diana Yvonne (kojic acid something) and liking it -- not sure why I never kept it up Embarassed

Probably same reason as me..so many layers I forget what I'm supposed to put on. Sometimes I stare in the mirror after I wash wondering what I'm supposed to use & when Rolling Eyes Then, at night, there's the 30 minute wait thing. I do wait while I lie bed and then...end up falling asleep.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
marla wrote:
I remember using a small sample of a similar product from Diana Yvonne (kojic acid something) and liking it -- not sure why I never kept it up Embarassed

Probably same reason as me..so many layers I forget what I'm supposed to put on. Sometimes I stare in the mirror after I wash wondering what I'm supposed to use & when Rolling Eyes Then, at night, there's the 30 minute wait thing. I do wait while I lie bed and then...end up falling asleep.

uh, huh...that would be me too! I got burned out on the whole layer/waiting time deal. I don't have Skally's patience!!! I think that's one of the reasons I went back to using a retinoid and am really liking the Avene retinald products....the only thing I need to wait for is *if* I want to put a moisturizer on top of it, but it's no biggie if I fall asleep and don't!

Nowadays I keep an eye cream/moisturizer next to my bed so *if* I'm still sort of awake while I'm watching TV I can slap it on before falling into dreamland.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
marina wrote:

really???? I thought my face was literally melting off. Like washing with tiger balm.

I'm BACK! And with a computer that has been wiped clean of all of its tics and diseases. Turns out I had the dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Thank GOD the director of the Paris program at my university just so happens to be a computer WHIZ--he saved ev erything and gave me all spanking new programs. Anyways, that's not why we are here! We are here, particularly in this thread, for Osea!
And you guys are making me feel like I am dying without my mud. So lavie, we're going to have to hook up soon! And, I will come bearing various amounts of cash to lavish on you, and I will only let you spend it toward outfitting yourself with some new eyelining weapons and warpaint... hah!

Someone mentioned liquid oat beta glucans and APC a while back, and I just wanted to mention that someone, somewhere had the very good observation that mixing them would render the BG less effective, since the algae gel/skb/seamoillient common to Osea products and DIY ones creates a barrier on the skin. Best to do what Scally does--layer BGs under the creams. But by all means, mix BGs with the hydrating oil--D-I-V-I-N-E!!!!

and finally--are we all against peels now? Should I ditch my juice beauty peel? I think I might ditch c sera in the end... Seems to exacerbate my spider veins in any and all formulations Sad

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
marina wrote:

I'm BACK! And with a computer that has been wiped clean of all of its tics and diseases. Turns out I had the dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). Thank GOD the director of the Paris program at my university just so happens to be a computer WHIZ--he saved ev erything and gave me all spanking new programs. Anyways, that's not why we are here! We are here, particularly in this thread, for Osea!
And you guys are making me feel like I am dying without my mud. So lavie, we're going to have to hook up soon! And, I will come bearing various amounts of cash to lavish on you, and I will only let you spend it toward outfitting yourself with some new eyelining weapons and warpaint... hah!

Someone mentioned liquid oat beta glucans and APC a while back, and I just wanted to mention that someone, somewhere had the very good observation that mixing them would render the BG less effective, since the algae gel/skb/seamoillient common to Osea products and DIY ones creates a barrier on the skin. Best to do what Scally does--layer BGs under the creams. But by all means, mix BGs with the hydrating oil--D-I-V-I-N-E!!!!

and finally--are we all against peels now? Should I ditch my juice beauty peel? I think I might ditch c sera in the end... Seems to exacerbate my spider veins in any and all formulations Sad

Forgot to mention--waffle, the Tiger Balm metaphor is SO apropos! Be forewarned!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange,

We were talking about peels where you want layers of skin to come off. I don't think Juice is anywhere near that level. See the perfect complexion thread where first you look like a prune & then all manner of skin starts to come off.This is good, apparently, to all but sensitive and/or melasma types (like me). Anything goes wrong, I'm stuck with the effects for a long time. I would consider it if Scally were here to hold my hand.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

Funnily enough, I shall be going off to Ireland - for a whole week! Sadly, not likely to see any men in green Rep of Ireland shirts, as I'll be in the North.

Still, loadsa tall men with dark hair and sparkly blue eyes, with any luck. Wonder if any of them are into skincare? Bad Grin
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:

Funnily enough, I shall be going off to Ireland - for a whole week! Sadly, not likely to see any men in green Rep of Ireland shirts, as I'll be in the North.

Still, loadsa tall men with dark hair and sparkly blue eyes, with any luck. Wonder if any of them are into skincare? Bad Grin

You're kidding right? My husband is Irish thru and thru. Trust me, skin care is not on his list.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
maybe rub your face directly on those handsome irish men, I could see that making your skin glow a million times better than a new cleanser. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Got my Osea today! Dancing
It only took a week and NO DUTIES! double Dancing

Anyways, on first impression:
Mud Cleanser - I sort of expected it to be firmer but I LOVE the texture, it's due to the texture that it's so non-drying. However I expected more oomph to it from the rave reviews here but unfortunately did not decrease the size of my pores one bit (usually my pores are invisible after my usual clay mask) so it's not like my pores are super huge or resistant, but this didn't do anything for them. Neither did it do much for my redness from acne. I've only used it once though, will update when I use it more.

Eyes and Lips - I got the sensitive skin set and whoa, this is a very good size, it'll take me so long to use this up! Very happy! The texture is of a light cream and sinks in immediately, does NOT feel greasy at all and feels quite moisturizing, or "nurturing" as la vie puts it. However before I got this I was tihnking if I liked the APC I could just use that around my eyes and not spend on this since they have similar ingredients but I REALLY like the feel of this. I'll update later to see if it helps with my genetic puffiness, if this does it's so replacing my Skincubed!

APC - Balmish texture but not waxy balm, it's just a firmer cream. I'm not sure how much I need to use of this, spreadability not as good as I hoped (even on damp skin), but once again very good size, sinks in right away. Leaves me with a matte finish, I did not find this too rich/heavy at all. I got my EII order yesterday with a sample of Chrysalyx so I used Chrysalyx 2x yesterday and I really liked it. But I also now like the APC. Chrysalyx feels richer due to the butters in it, although the texture isn't heavy you can feel the butters on application. However didn't break me out and it did feel good on my skin, very moisturized and no oil breakthrough throughout the day due to my skin being moisturized at the right amount. However APC feels lighter on my skin than Chrysalyx and it might be more versatile since Chrysalyx might be too heavy for me in the summer, especially when I move to HK. However I'll use this more and update with a more thorough comparison later.

Things yet to try:
Ocean cleanser
Milk Cleanser
Ocean lotion (which I'm really not too interested in especially due to the price)
samples of Red and White Algae masks - they look so tiny, I might not be able to decide with just one application.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
i'm curious about the osea moisturizers - since some people have problems with shea (atpc) and some with squalene (apc) causing blemishes, could you just use the essential hydrating oil as a moisturizer on its own? what would be the downside to that?
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Summer is coming up here in Thailand and I can already see that there's a bit more moisture back in my skin (yes!!! no more dry parched skin for me!!! Smile) Anyway, I'm thinking about getting the mud cleanser to use a few times a week. What do you guys think? My skin is very sensitive and reactive though. And since my skin is never oily, I'm wondering if it'll be too drying for me. I just miss a cleanser that lathers up a bit since I'm currently using a cleansing milk and Eve Lom Cleanser.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |