Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rave for Eliz Grant's Torricelemn - quelle surprise!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Canadian gals who watch our Shopping Channel probably know that EG had a recent show to celebrate her 80++ birthday...lost count.

Have caught a couple of her past shows & my impression was that she reminded me of what the oil snake salesmen must have been like days in the wild west.

Well,to honour her birthday she lowered her prices on her major products & I caved. Bought the Showstopper which had all of her serums, her caviar ampoules, cleansing milk & toner for a very low price. Thought I couldn't lose too much even if they were just mediocre.

MUCH to my surprise, I'm thrilled with the serums. Very Happy Very Happy Can hardly believe the results. Haven't had results like this since I began using Sisley in late 80s! Skin is very plumped, moist, dewy, lines filled in - what a surprise to me. And a hell of a lot cheaper than Sisley, don't ya know.

And the big bug bear has always been that she didn't list her ingredients. Well, to my surpise, the pkg arrived with a list of the ingredients for all the products.

Someone on another thread indicated that there was probably a marine product base to the Torricelemn. According to the list, Torricelemn is composed of Pikea Robusta, algae extract, Ulva Lactuca Extract, Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice extract, Anthemis Nobilis Chamomile extract - hope I've got all these right. Am no expert re ingredients but seems to me that the algae is at least one of the marine products. Algae of what, who knows.

Anyway, despite what to me is her in your face presentation, I have to say, I'm totally thrilled that I caved .

No one more surprised than me. Surprised Surprised

Am much more inclined to look seriously at her Biocallisis(?) products when price is attractive.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Arya - EG doesn't get much air time on EDS...but some of her treatments ARE a really good bang for your buck! If you like her serums, you will go bananas for her Biocollasis cream...I ALWAYS have some of this "in stock" no matter what I'm using..I use it if my skin needs a boost...It is a gel-cream and is very light in texture. It is too bad that you didn't pick up the Biocollasis duo she was selling for $59.99 on her birthday weekend...the Biocollasis sells for $129 regularly, and the the day treatment goes for $99....so $59.99 is obviously a steal! You should check the Shopping Channel website to see if they have any left! Again, if you were thrilled with the serums you'll probably flip for the Biocollasis - using this with the serums with DEFINITELY boost the effect of the serums -- it really is a treat!
Good luck!
Pudoodles
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to hear you caved! I caved as well. Love her serums. One drop does my whole face and half a drop for the neck. In the middle of winter you can't beat this product line!
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:19 am      Reply with quote
I used EG serums in the past (white and gold packaging), and was so not thrilled with them before as they were heavy and sticky. I know she has reformulated a lot of her stuff since then, so I have to ask how the serums feel now? I remember using her pure Torricelum (those beige-pink serums that come in tiny 5mL pump bottles 4 for $90 or something like that) and liked them but I went through them too quickly to justify the cost.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Elizabeth Grant is a brand I wanted to try some time back but it was too hard to get hold of for me.

Do the products have things like PG, Urea, Dimethicone, carbomer, etc. in them? (I am kinda hoping they do so i dont have yet another lemming.. I aledy have John Masters, Eminence and Sundari in the cart here... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles

Thanx for the tip on Biocollasis. After using the serums I too thought I should have caved for the BioC creams. Especially after I checked out her web site last nite & discovered the normal price, Whew!

I have only recently started using Vit C, Obagi's 15%. Found it very drying but now w/ the serums,no more flaky, dry skin problems.

Her web site says next Shopping Ch. airing is March 24 & 25 so hope to see some more bargains & maybe on the BioC creams. The lip stains looked really interesting too.

I also ordered the line erase, wrinkle filler and xtreme line treatment trio offered on last airing but they haven't arrived yet. Expect they are same consistency as the serums?

I'd prefer her to be more specific about which products are suited to which skin types/age. Reading thru the various products on her website, I felt someone would have to know a fair amount about skincare to figure out which products to buy. I deduced that the BioC line is best suited to xtremely dry or mature skin or one needing an occasional boost as you say.

So look for the March airing if you want to stock up on anything.

Cheers Smile Smile
Arya
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ

Yes, perfect product for cold, dry, winter weather or probably very hot, dry climate too.

How long have you been using her serums? Any other EG products you've used & can comment on?

I'm looking for feedback in anticipation of the March airing on TSC so I can make some informed decisions.

Have mature combo skin that dries in winter.

Thanx Smile
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
maiea

I've gathered her serum & special treatment products might be packaged slightly differently with each televised show so she can offer a special price on them.

The serums I bought are listed as Torric. Pur Exclusives Skin Renewal.
I seem to recall her website has other Torric. serums that are not Exclusives. Anyway, the ones I rec'd for face are in 30ml pump bottles, pale green for a.m. and pale aqua blue for p.m. The eye serum is 15 ml, pale blue aqua colour as well.
The pink you are referring to may be another Torr. line that is not Exclusives.

When first using the Exclusive serums I thought someone with young basically problem free skin might find them a little heavy & sticky. I don't know your skin type so can't comment. But it seems to me if we are to believe her story about how she came to use the basic ingredients in Torric. we can expect them to be pretty rich as they were used to treat burns etc.

Even w/ combo skin, I don't mind the slightly dewy feel they leave on my skin. My skin feels hydrated, & soft and looks plumped & fresher - it's what I need & want in winter.

HTH Smile
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Elizabeth Grant is a brand I wanted to try some time back but it was too hard to get hold of for me.

Do the products have things like PG, Urea, Dimethicone, carbomer, etc. in them? (I am kinda hoping they do so i dont have yet another lemming.. I aledy have John Masters, Eminence and Sundari in the cart here... Laughing

Am checking the ingredient list (v small print) and see PG, Carbomer Polysorbate-20,no Urea or Dimethicone but lots of other ingredients like fagus silvatica extract (no idea what that is) HA, Rosemary leaf extract, sage extract, retinyl palmitate, ascorbic acid, mannentake mushroom extract, shiitake mushroom extract oh, now see Diazolidinyl Urea.

The ingredients i listed in first posting are what make up Torric. & appear 2nd on the ingredient list after water or aqua.

I'm not familiar w/ the products you already have but as I mentioned to maiea, the Torric Pur Exclusives serums might be a little heavy or only for occasional use if your skin is young/moist. Another of her serum lines might be better suited for that skin type.

If I recall correctly, her website shows a line for 'youth' or 'young' but I didn't check it out Laughing .

Her site indicates that her TV appearances are in Cda, US, Aust. Eng. & Germany, & only retail outlets are in California & NY, where presumably the volume & clientele justify the overhead. Her website is elizabethgrant.com .

Bottom line is that I always wondered why her products sold so well in Cda cuz her presentation just put me off a bit. But seems that other Cdns ladies have discovered what I have...product seems to be just right for our climate, especially those cold, dry winter winds.

Smile Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Phew! with PG, Carbomer and Diazolidinyl Urea as ingredients lets me off the hook, lemming just died. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Phew! with PG, Carbomer and Diazolidinyl Urea as ingredients lets me off the hook, lemming just died. Laughing

Want to ensure I understand....are you saying you're not tempted to buy cuz these ingredients compromise the skin & can contribute to cancer? (just looked at your ID)
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
Pudoodles

Thanx for the tip on Biocollasis. After using the serums I too thought I should have caved for the BioC creams. Especially after I checked out her web site last nite & discovered the normal price, Whew!

I have only recently started using Vit C, Obagi's 15%. Found it very drying but now w/ the serums,no more flaky, dry skin problems.

Her web site says next Shopping Ch. airing is March 24 & 25 so hope to see some more bargains & maybe on the BioC creams. The lip stains looked really interesting too.

I also ordered the line erase, wrinkle filler and xtreme line treatment trio offered on last airing but they haven't arrived yet. Expect they are same consistency as the serums?

I'd prefer her to be more specific about which products are suited to which skin types/age. Reading thru the various products on her website, I felt someone would have to know a fair amount about skincare to figure out which products to buy. I deduced that the BioC line is best suited to xtremely dry or mature skin or one needing an occasional boost as you say.

So look for the March airing if you want to stock up on anything.

Cheers Smile Smile
Arya

Thanks Arya Very Happy ...I've tried her line filler and didn't find that it did anything...your experience might be different but I wasn't impressed...I have a funny feeling that you just might end up returning it....but who knows....The Biocollasis creams (actually it is more gel-like) are GREAT for Canadian winters...I hope you get the chance to give it a try...I'll be watching in March as well, to see if she has any worthwhile goodies...My mom order the new caviar ampoules...I have one of them so I am going to try it...I'll let you know how it goes (and you too, SusieQ!)
Take care,
Puds
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
tiger_tim wrote:

Want to ensure I understand....are you saying you're not tempted to buy cuz these ingredients compromise the skin & can contribute to cancer? (just looked at your ID)

Um, no, nothing to do with my skin cancer terror Laughing

PG - I just dont like this as an ingredient and my skin is always happier when I dont use it. I see no point in having it in a product when it is not necessary. I always see PG as a cheap way to fill up a product (just MO)

Carbomer - a silicone derivative and I find my skin has way fewer breakouts without them. Again, there are products out there without it that work perfectly well.

Diazolidinyl Urea - now this is something I personally do not touch with a 40-foot pole. I would be surprized if we have even one product in the house with it in it. If we do I doubt it is ever used much and well, I probably have not seen the ingredients.

Why? well, to start with Diazolidinyl Urea (which is a preservative by the way) is a known Formaldehyde donor (which means in certain combinations with other substances or heating it can decompose into Formaldehyde). This preservative is NOT permitted in Japan unless the product is rinsed off the skin.. if companies that use it want to sell in Japan they have to reformulate just for our market. just to note, the same goes in Japan for Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, which is why the Obagi Vitamin C serums available in Japan do not have SLS but those sold in the USA do.. but I have digressed. Laughing )

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger Tim I found something about diaz urea that may alleviate your concerns. Personally I think that if these ingreds are at the bottom of a cosmetic listing the amount is so minute. You can't really get away from preservatives. I would hate to think of the outcome WITHOUT them.

formaldehyde-releasing preservative. A common type of preservative found in cosmetics (Source: Contact Dermatitis, December 2000, pages 339–343). However, there is no higher level of skin reaction to formaldehyde-releasing preservatives than to other preservatives (Source: British Journal of Dermatology, March 1998, pages 467–476). In fact, there is a far greater risk to skin from a product without preservatives, owing to the contamination and unchecked growth of bacteria, fungus, and mold that can result. However, there is concern that when formaldehyde-releasing preservatives are present in a formulation with amines, such as triethanolamine (TEA), diethanolamine (DEA), or monoethanolamine (MEA), that nitrosamines can then be formed, because nitrosamines are carcinogenic substances that can potentially penetrate skin (Source: Fundamentals and Applied Toxicology, August 1993, pages 213–221). Whether or not that poses a health risk of any kind has not been established. See preservatives.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Good day Arya. I have been using EG products since 2004. In the beginning I DID NOT like her serums because they felt occlusive, sticky or tacky on my skin. Quite simply I felt saran wrapped.

Fast forward 2 years and several formulations later, I believe Elizabeth Grant has finally got the formulation right! I always use her serums and have used all of the creams. All of her products are very good as stand alone products. YOU DON'T have to layer products to get good results. Unless you have EXTREMELY DRY SKIN, theres no need to layer product. Can't do without her Biocollisis cleanser and toner along with her newest product of her caviar serums with omega 3 fatty acids. I have now streamlined down to her cleanser, sometimes toner (but not necessary), day, night and eye serums. ALong with the EG SPF 15 cream which protects from uva, uvb rays...this is all I use NOW. I am always getting compliments on my skin. I must stress YOU HAVE to purchase at least one of her eye creams. They go on like skin and keep your eye area totally moist and line free!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have a little vial of Torricelum ( sp?) - it's been sitting in my cupboard.. this inspires me to try it.

Can I use it ok over cp serum or does it need to go on clean skin, do you think?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think it would make any difference catski. Try it both ways and see whats best.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
Tiger Tim I found something about diaz urea that may alleviate your concerns. Personally I think that if these ingreds are at the bottom of a cosmetic listing the amount is so minute. You can't really get away from preservatives. I would hate to think of the outcome WITHOUT them.

formaldehyde-releasing preservative. A common type of preservative found in cosmetics (Source: Contact Dermatitis, December 2000, pages 339–343). However, there is no higher level of skin reaction to formaldehyde-releasing preservatives than to other preservatives (Source: British Journal of Dermatology, March 1998, pages 467–476). In fact, there is a far greater risk to skin from a product without preservatives, owing to the contamination and unchecked growth of bacteria, fungus, and mold that can result. However, there is concern that when formaldehyde-releasing preservatives are present in a formulation with amines, such as triethanolamine (TEA), diethanolamine (DEA), or monoethanolamine (MEA), that nitrosamines can then be formed, because nitrosamines are carcinogenic substances that can potentially penetrate skin (Source: Fundamentals and Applied Toxicology, August 1993, pages 213–221). Whether or not that poses a health risk of any kind has not been established. See preservatives.

SuzieQ, I think you misunderstood me. I am not saying that I dont like preservatives.. I just dont like Diazolidinyl Urea. There are a lot of alternatives out there, heck, I would even take a bit of paraben over it.
(well, I dont like a lot of parabens either, but i will use products with a bit of paraben at the end of the list).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
TigerTim: Oh I had NO idea Japan doesn't allow SLS, that makes me feel so much better! I had been working on a tube of a cheap Kose cleanser and a bit apprehensive about it because it foamed and cleansed so well that I suspected it might have a harsh detergent in it... now I won't feel so bad about using it!

Everyone else: Thank you for the update about the EG stuff. I'm in Vancouver so Canadian winters... well, they're not really harsh for those of us here and which is probably why I found some of the EG products to be a bit too heavy for me in the past. The Biocollasis cream sounds great though! I might just go ahead and try it if there's a special next time!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
maiea, it is only banned in products that are not rinsed off teh skin, so you can still find SLS in shampoos and some cleansers. The percentage has to be pretty small though I think (cannot remember what it is)

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I've dabbled with EG products and found them very hydrating but also a little "sticky", at the time I needed a product that hydrated my skin and EG was great. The products lasted for ages and by the time I finished the jar(s) (it was a shopping channel special) I moved on to other brands/products. EG's Line Erase is a great product and it does minimise lines temporarily (not sure that it actually erases!) It is one EG product that I have been tempted to repurchase.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |