Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
question about skin reactions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Avalange -

How painful that must be! I'm so sorry. Crying or Very sad
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Sad Sad Sad

I'm sorry to hear that you have shingles. Hope you heal up soon. At least it all makes sense now. {{{[Hugs}}}

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:43 am      Reply with quote
and here i was telling you not to go to the doctor, that it was only spider bites Shock so sorry!!!
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:02 am      Reply with quote
avalange -- ugh -- I'm so sorry to hear about the shingles. I had them about 9-10 years ago and it SUCKED. I got them when my immune system was (obviously) compromised during an exceptionally stressful time in my life.

I'm sure you've done your research about it, but just try to keep in mind that it's a tough virus and can take several weeks to run it's course...more if you aren't careful about getting enough rest. I remember feeling like such a loser because, after the pustule-things went away, I *looked* totally normal but always felt like I had been hit by a train. Luckily for me that at that time I had a good friend who had Epstein-Barr (chronic fatigue) who's symptoms were similar to mine, so we could commisserate! Wink

So - keep it up with your supplements, keep drinking your water, and no late nights until you're better.

Hang in there!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Avalange,

My husband got prescribed MethylPREDNISolone, it says it will also help for Shingles, so maybe you can get that. It REALLY helped my husband, he thought he got insane of the itchy he had.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I suspect I'm currently having the same problem with water quality Sad About a year ago, Singapore introduced some new chemical water processing method and they've released the chemically-processed 'clean' water into the water supply. And since then my skin seems to be getting rougher and more prone to blemishes Mad Skincare also doesn't seem to work as well since then. I think i must really go and get a bamboo charcoal water filter.

Oh bamboo charcoal is a very good water purifier. I know it sounds funny given that charcoal is well charcoal Laughing But bamboo charcoal isn't like normal charcoal, for one the price is like 10x more (at least) than normal charcoal Confused But it works very well. I learnt this from my tea-shop boss. There they use bamboo charcoal to boil the water for brewing tea to ensure that the water is removed of chemicals and is 'soft' water so that the brewed tea will be of optimal quality Smile

Oh yeah and you can drink more tea especially green/white tea which has the highest levels of anti-oxidants so as to combat all the chemicals!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:11 am      Reply with quote
samantha185 wrote:
I suspect I'm currently having the same problem with water quality Sad About a year ago, Singapore introduced some new chemical water processing method and they've released the chemically-processed 'clean' water into the water supply. And since then my skin seems to be getting rougher and more prone to blemishes Mad Skincare also doesn't seem to work as well since then. I think i must really go and get a bamboo charcoal water filter.

Oh bamboo charcoal is a very good water purifier. I know it sounds funny given that charcoal is well charcoal Laughing But bamboo charcoal isn't like normal charcoal, for one the price is like 10x more (at least) than normal charcoal Confused But it works very well. I learnt this from my tea-shop boss. There they use bamboo charcoal to boil the water for brewing tea to ensure that the water is removed of chemicals and is 'soft' water so that the brewed tea will be of optimal quality Smile

Oh yeah and you can drink more tea especially green/white tea which has the highest levels of anti-oxidants so as to combat all the chemicals!

hi samantha,

is the bamboo water filter for the shower? please let me know the details if so. I already have a great water filter for drinking, but i desperately need one for the shower! and i try to drink lots of green tea daily--i love it! thanks!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
samantha, are you referring to newater? the water is purified and treated using a dual-membrane (filtration and RO) and ultraviolet technology. it isn't a chemical purification process - no chemicals are added to it.

in fact, we used to have chlorine added to the water. with the newater, that isn't done anymore. not sure if the lack of chlorine in the water is good or bad...

where can we purchase this bamboo filter from? sounds cool!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I got a Wellness shower filter. Expensive (usually $250 - I think I got it for $150 on Ebay) but makes a big difference (Philly water is heavily chlorinated and dries out my already dry skin). The Wellness shower filter has numerous levels of filtration to it http://www.wellnessfilter.com/Products/Shower.asp

Next best I thought when doing my research is the Aquasana shower filter which is less than $100. BTW, the Jonathan Antin Beauty Water product looks like it uses Aquasana's product and just changed the label [although I've heard online that the Jonathan filtration is a bit better but much more expensive for the "name"].

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, and avalange, so sorry to hear about the shingles! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
thank you, you guys, for all the support and kind words... i will check out the wellness filter, but it's not really an option for me, as i'm renting in a foreign country...
well, back to my homemade granola making!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Get Well soon Avalange!!
Take Care of yourself.
Smile

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |