Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Any experiences w/ Electro-coagulation for broken caps?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everybody,

When I recently went to see a dermatologist for the first time, I asked him about my broken caps and spider veins on my face, and he claimed that he could zap them with his electric needle contraption (the procedure is called electro-coagulation) for the price of an office visit. This sounds too good to be true! Has anyone had this treatment before, and does it work? Does it hurt? More importantly, do the effects of this procedure last?

IPL is so unreliable, especially since you have to waste $$$ on getting the wavelengths right on your skin, etc., that I'm very interested in having this done.

Thanks!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
yes, I am interested I was told the yag laser would do this for me but it didnt remove the hair so I am afraid to sink more $$$ if I am not sure I have a couple of pesky tiny spider veins on face I would LOVE to get rid of as well. It doesnt sound like he would charge that much I would just try it afterall the cost of a dr visit is cheap compared to IPL!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies - I'm not sure about all types of broken caps but I do know that technique is used to treat skin conditions known as spider and cherry angiomas.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I had it done a few years ago. It works. Basically what electro-coagulation will do..is burn those suckers dry. He'll probably use a needle tip as to not burn surrounding tissue. It might smell bad, and it shouldn't hurt for long.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've had both ipl and electro coagulation, also known as diathermy or advanced electrolysis. They both work but but if you're prone to broken capillaries (as I am) they will grow back. The electro coagulation works just as well as ipl for a fraction of the price, however you will normally need two goes.

It doesn't hurt, just feels like mild sunburn and takes up to two weeks for the full effect to be seen, as the blood left behind in the thread veins has to be broken down and reabsorbed by the body, similar to a bruise. For a while they may look worse as they can become darker, once again a bit like a bruise, so don't be alarmed and think it hasn't worked.

My suggestion would be to get the electro coagulation. At the price it's affordable enough to have done every year if necessary. I personally found that some of my thread veins started reappearing quite soon, but not as bad.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
How much can you expect to pay to treat the veins by nose and cheeks? Pr treatment and how many are necessary?Does a dermatologist do this?
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I've had success with the electric needle - but they did come back pretty much - the needle worked on skin tags permanently. I go to the derm. once or twice a year and he zaps around - it's included with the visit.

Just over a week ago I had Yag laser treatment zap around my nose..and caps are gone (immediately), but it's only been a week. My caps aren't significant - but as long as I'm there, mide's well. But a friend of mine has (had!) significant caps running horizontally from her nose along her cheeks - she had the Yag treat them a couple of weeks ago and they are still gone. I'll update as time goes on.

I had them zap a dime size cluster of caps on my thigh - and the effect was quite different -the laser was having no effect and she kept upping it till we were on the highest setting; this area was improved maybe 40%, after a lot of zapping --- all I can think is that the skin is thicker..? Saline injections work very well for leg veins (small red ones) - I go in the spring and get any cleaned up before summer. If any of my nose caps are back by then, I'll ask if would saline that area too...don't know if he will...but can't think of why he wouldn't. I think if they are not really caused by a trauma and one has a propensity for them...you'll always be treating them - it's just finding the best method. I'll ask my derm about this theory.

EDIT- wanted to add that the electric needle leaves a small sore spot with each zap - can cover with makeup, but takes a week or so to heal. The laser left the area slightly red for a few hours then nada.
mila100
5% products discount

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have broken capillaries on both sides of my nose and I started to get cherry angiomas all over my body and I would really like to get rid off them, but I can't find a place in California that do diathermy or advanced electrolysis. HELP!!!!!!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |