Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
MSM - I lost body fat & tighter skin - anyone else too?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
as far as candida goes. They say in the morning take a glass of water and spit in it. Then wait a couple minutes and then look at the sides of it, if you see "legs" coming down you have it. Shock Shock Shock

Who's "they?"
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="jakee"]
lucyluc wrote:
as far as candida goes. They say in the morning take a glass of water and spit in it. Then wait a couple minutes and then look at the sides of it, if you see "legs" coming down you have it. Shock Shock Shock

really?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
lucyluc wrote:

good grief. Embarassed

I sort of want to do it, but it's a wee bit.... eeew..

I have been wondering about the "legs". I've been scratching my head thinking what the heck are these legs??? Are there any feet attached? Lucy, can you please clarify? What are these legs? Whose legs?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:34 am      Reply with quote
legs meaning you will see threads coming down from the top..I know its really gross.This one Flight Attendant I work with had candida so bad she had to take a year off but she told me about the legs and she got totally cured..I forgot what she did I should ask her....
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:41 am      Reply with quote
pcnetwrx wrote:
preenie wrote:
Regarding Candida, I was diagnosed with it or something similar after having a routine smear. To honest I don't know much about it, apart from that it's yeast related. I'm going to go off and read about it now.

In a nutshell, candida yeast is normally present in everyone's gut. It is kept there and in balance by the good bacteria that also resides there and feeds on it. But if you ever go through a course of antibiotics, the good bacteria as well as the bad bacteria is killed off. That leaves the candida without anything to keep it in check and it will grow like wildfire especially if sugars are not limited at the same time you are on antibiotics (ever have a doctor warn you about that?). At that point it can leave the gut and go throughout your entire system wreaking all sorts of havoc, especially if it reaches your brain (remember those anxiety/panic attacks that I used to have?). When it is throughout your body, it is very difficult to bring under control again. Many, many people have this systemic infection and don't even know it. But I had it so bad that I had brown patches on my skin where the skin folds so in that case, that clinches the diagnosis. For those that don't have the brown patches (yet), there are checklists of symptoms that I have seen, but I don't know where to refer you to in order to find the lists.

I was on a course of Roaccutane 18 months ago for approx 4 months. Could this be catalyst? I had no symptoms, but was diagnosed about the same time I finished the course. It's all becoming clear now!!!

It's so annoying, I've learnt more from you guys than any of the doctors, they just send you off to the chemist to grab a pessary and bobs your uncle, thats it!

As MSM detoxifies is there anyway my unhappy bowel movements Shock could be down to the MSM ridding my gut of candida?! This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but I really don't want it to be down to the fact that maybe my body cant handle the MSM. I'm really enjoying taking it and can see and feel the benefits. I've never taken a supplement that's had so many noticeable effects.

I'm going to try the spitting thing, but I also have no idea what the "legs" thing is! Sounds gross!

Thanks for your help

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:44 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
legs meaning you will see threads coming down from the top..I know its really gross.This one Flight Attendant I work with had candida so bad she had to take a year off but she told me about the legs and she got totally cured..I forgot what she did I should ask her....

Aaaaah right, that's kind what I thought. I'll try it tom and I'll let you all know... I bet you can't wait Wink

P

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
For those that are interested, here is a link to an illustration of what "legs" and/or "threads" look like in Lucyluc's saliva test for candida yeast - http://www.candidasupport.org/candidatests.html#SALIVA%20TEST (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
For those that are interested, here is a link to an illustration of what "legs" and/or "threads" look like in Lucyluc's saliva test for candida yeast - http://www.candidasupport.org/candidatests.html#SALIVA%20TEST (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

Oh gosh, I'm so squeamish, I dont think I can bear to look. Embarassed
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:

Ahhh now I understood. Thank you. Wow, I had no idea we can learn so much from our saliva and urine (I posted about having bubbles in your urine means you're getting an infection/sick). I can't wait to try spitting in to a glass of water first thing in the morning now. Very Happy
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:

Oh gosh, I'm so squeamish, I dont think I can bear to look. Embarassed

Laughing....no need to fear Catski - it's completely innocuous! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
regarding MSM dissolving, my pharmaceutical grade powder is more like sugar crystals, they sink instantly and dissolve completely in about 10-15 minutes. Nothing floats and there is no residue left in the bottom of the water bottle....maybe the key is to look for Pharmaceutical grade MSM.....mine is labelled on the bottle. Brand is Alpha Omega supplements.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
rosyface wrote:
regarding MSM dissolving, my pharmaceutical grade powder is more like sugar crystals, they sink instantly and dissolve completely in about 10-15 minutes. Nothing floats and there is no residue left in the bottom of the water bottle....maybe the key is to look for Pharmaceutical grade MSM.....mine is labelled on the bottle. Brand is Alpha Omega supplements.

sorry.. i meant the brand is Omega Alpha brand

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I tried the spitting thing!!
I spat into the glass first thing in the morning. It just sat on the top other the water for ages. There was a small blob hanging slightly lower than the rest, but it just sat there... UNTIL I moved the glass, then a couple of small threads (legs) started to hang down. My saliva specimen didn't look nearly as severe as the illustration, so I'm hoping this means my condition is mild. I'm going to do it again tomorrow anyway, just in case moving the glass disrupted the saliva, and I'm infact totally healthy and candida free!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I just did the test and am going to wait 30 minutes to see what it does. Since I have a prescription for Difflucan (ugh), I know that I have some form of Candida and have started brewing/drinking Kombucha tea again to help balance out my bacteria. Things seem to be improving and I hope I do not have to take the prescription as that will totally throw me out of whack.

Will report back - it's not as gross as you might think.

ETA: Well, that didn't take long!!!!! Shock From my test, it's confirmed that I do indeed have a problem (though, I do have that script so it's not a huge surprise); I'm hoping things improve and will keep this test in mind for check ups along the way. I am also considering addressing the Candida with that system from the link.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
I just did the test and am going to wait 30 minutes to see what it does. Since I have a prescription for Difflucan (ugh), I know that I have some form of Candida and have started brewing/drinking Kombucha tea again to help balance out my bacteria. Things seem to be improving and I hope I do not have to take the prescription as that will totally throw me out of whack.

Will report back - it's not as gross as you might think.

ETA: Well, that didn't take long!!!!! Shock From my test, it's confirmed that I do indeed have a problem (though, I do have that script so it's not a huge surprise); I'm hoping things improve and will keep this test in mind for check ups along the way. I am also considering addressing the Candida with that system from the link.

Well, I already know I suffer from Candida. I eat yogurt every day, but I am pretty sure it's in the rest of my system. Where do you find the Kombucha Tea? I think I would like to try that. Hopefully it's decaf as I don't drink caffeine.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Racecargirl wrote:
Well, I already know I suffer from Candida. I eat yogurt every day, but I am pretty sure it's in the rest of my system. Where do you find the Kombucha Tea? I think I would like to try that. Hopefully it's decaf as I don't drink caffeine.

I am brewing my own now every 8 days or so. I was doing it before so have bottles, cleaner and all the pieces for brewing though I was doing it on a larger scale and am back to small batches. This last time, I purchased my Scoby (growing big!) from a different vendor than my original purchase and it took forever to be delivered. My next order, if needed, will be back atwww.happyherbalist.com (they are great). I am drinking about 4 oz. each AM and will eventually work my way up but for now, this is good as I don't want to detox too quickly.

Caffeine is solely dependent on tea that you use, which can be of any variety though most normally green/black. I mix mine with raspberry tea now and love the taste.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Racecargirl wrote:

I am brewing my own now every 8 days or so. I was doing it before so have bottles, cleaner and all the pieces for brewing though I was doing it on a larger scale and am back to small batches. This last time, I purchased my Scoby (growing big!) from a different vendor than my original purchase and it took forever to be delivered. My next order, if needed, will be back atwww.happyherbalist.com (they are great). I am drinking about 4 oz. each AM and will eventually work my way up but for now, this is good as I don't want to detox too quickly.

Caffeine is solely dependent on tea that you use, which can be of any variety though most normally green/black. I mix mine with raspberry tea now and love the taste.

Thanks for the info. I will place my order today. I will also try some MSM. I hate taking antibiotics.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
slightly OT here, but just want to tell you. A kombucha recipe which I am really enjoying -

4 x Sencha tea

2 x chamomile tea

2 x lemongrass sticks

This is so light and refreshing.

( BTW kefir is really easy to make, too.)
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
slightly OT here, but just want to tell you. A kombucha recipe which I am really enjoying -

4 x Sencha tea

2 x chamomile tea

2 x lemongrass sticks

This is so light and refreshing.

( BTW kefir is really easy to make, too.)

Catski, do you mind PMing me the kefir recipe you use? I have some starter (somewhere) but never got around to making it. Also, are lemongrass sticks widely available - anyone know where to get them? Sencha tea? Is this a special type? Can I ask any more questions? I'm even annoying myself. Laughing This does sound delightful!

Racergirl, you will most likely love MSM - get the powdered and save yourself the trouble, though. I am now up to 6g per day and am loving the benefits; however, I am seeing a bit of detox though I am unsure whether it's the MSM, Kombucha or Beta Oat Glucans supps I'm now taking (or all 3!!!). ETA: I double-dog hate antibiotics - they invariably wreck my system so I STILL haven't taken my prescription in to be filled. Bad Grin

On another note, I got a wonderful report back from my blood tests yesterday. No negatives at all though my potassium is a tad low. My triglycerides (sp?) were 67 and she said they look for lower than 150 so mine were in the FAB range - I think it is because I take Omega 3 supps and will continue to do so - man, that was good news. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I did the spit test yesterday and definitely have a candida problem...my results looked exactly like the illustration ( Crying or Very sad ). I always suspected that something candida-related was wrong with me because I tend to have some sort of yeast issue around my period. Well I just discovered yesterday that hormone shifts can indeed trigger a candida outbreak. Here is a link that really does try to address every question you may have about candida and ALL the different products and protocols people use to kill it off in your system. http://www.sheilashea.com/candida.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
I did the spit test yesterday and definitely have a candida problem...my results looked exactly like the illustration ( Crying or Very sad ). I always suspected that something candida-related was wrong with me because I tend to have some sort of yeast issue around my period. Well I just discovered yesterday that hormone shifts can indeed trigger a candida outbreak. Here is a link that really does try to address every question you may have about candida and ALL the different products and protocols people use to kill it off in your system. http://www.sheilashea.com/candida.html

Excellent link, ScotsLass. I reviewed it briefly and there is a lot of good information. MSM was noted in there so I'm glad that it's one of my main supps and also Borage oil (another). There are many times that I am lethargic and tired so perhaps addressing this full on will help with that (I always thought it was stress).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:

I just looked at the link. I am printing out the info so I can read it in my spare time. It appears to be very informative. Thanks for sharing.

lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I am scared to spit in a glass Shock Shock I dont wanna know
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
From my test, it's confirmed that I do indeed have a problem (though, I do have that script so it's not a huge surprise); I'm hoping things improve and will keep this test in mind for check ups along the way. I am also considering addressing the Candida with that system from the link.

Scally - I have had a problem with candida for over a year now and tried almost everything it seems to fix it. Unfortunately, nothing has worked so far so I went ahead and purchased the system from this link. I should get it tomorrow so I will report back if I have any success with it. I scored 17 on the site's candida test btw. Mad I'm so tired of this consuming me and hope this system does what it says. At least it has a 60-day money back guarantee!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Scally - I have had a problem with candida for over a year now and tried almost everything it seems to fix it. Unfortunately, nothing has worked so far so I went ahead and purchased the system from this link. I should get it tomorrow so I will report back if I have any success with it. I scored 17 on the site's candida test btw. Mad I'm so tired of this consuming me and hope this system does what it says. At least it has a 60-day money back guarantee!

TAMgirl, let's compare notes. I decided to get the system, as well. It seems to be a 60-day supply though I will likely stay on the program for 4-5 months to be sure to get things properly balanced. I figure it will only help to drink Kombucha, as well.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |