Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MSM - I lost body fat & tighter skin - anyone else too?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Definitely Scally! Also, I only ended up going with the basic system since I knew I could purchase coral calcium and the colostrum (although I don't think truly necessary) for less elsewhere. I also skipped their flora pills since I plan to drink kefir daily, after I've had a chance to cleanse for a while. I'm planning to follow their recommendations closely and continue this as well for several months. I PRAY that it works for both of us!
Racecargirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies, I'm having a blonde moment...must be the Candida. Where do you find on the above mentioned link to purchase a system. I see the links at the bottom but can't detemine which one to use to purchase a system you mentioned. Thanks for your help!

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
catski wrote:
slightly OT here, but just want to tell you. A kombucha recipe which I am really enjoying -

4 x Sencha tea

2 x chamomile tea

2 x lemongrass sticks

This is so light and refreshing.

( BTW kefir is really easy to make, too.)

Catski, do you mind PMing me the kefir recipe you use? I have some starter (somewhere) but never got around to making it. Also, are lemongrass sticks widely available - anyone know where to get them? Sencha tea? Is this a special type? Can I ask any more questions? I'm even annoying myself. Laughing This does sound delightful!

Racergirl, you will most likely love MSM - get the powdered and save yourself the trouble, though. I am now up to 6g per day and am loving the benefits; however, I am seeing a bit of detox though I am unsure whether it's the MSM, Kombucha or Beta Oat Glucans supps I'm now taking (or all 3!!!). ETA: I double-dog hate antibiotics - they invariably wreck my system so I STILL haven't taken my prescription in to be filled. Bad Grin

On another note, I got a wonderful report back from my blood tests yesterday. No negatives at all though my potassium is a tad low. My triglycerides (sp?) were 67 and she said they look for lower than 150 so mine were in the FAB range - I think it is because I take Omega 3 supps and will continue to do so - man, that was good news. Smile

Scally, since you hate anti-biotics, have you tried taking the wild mediterranean oregano oil instead?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Racecargirl wrote:
Hi ladies, I'm having a blonde moment...must be the Candida. Where do you find on the above mentioned link to purchase a system. I see the links at the bottom but can't detemine which one to use to purchase a system you mentioned. Thanks for your help!

Here's the initial link explaining the prices. I paid $14.95 for a yearly membership to obtain the wholesale pricing.

http://www.candidasupport.org/candida_cleanse.html#order

This are the product kits:

http://www.ghtdiscountclub.com/YeastRecoveryPrograms.aspx?ID=support3

Quote:
Definitely Scally! Also, I only ended up going with the basic system since I knew I could purchase coral calcium and the colostrum (although I don't think truly necessary) for less elsewhere. I also skipped their flora pills since I plan to drink kefir daily, after I've had a chance to cleanse for a while. I'm planning to follow their recommendations closely and continue this as well for several months. I PRAY that it works for both of us!

TAM, I also got the basic one though I opted for the Active Enzymes rather than LHB since I've been doing some cleansing already (so don't think I'll get detox shock) but will start slowly, anyway. Sounds like we're on the same path as I'm researching kefir again with the same intent as you - after I start healing to build up my good bacteria. Sounds like we're on mini-missions - I am so sick of being tired! God help me, though, if I feel better - with more energy (and poor everyone) because I'll be a chatty Cathy!

Quote:
Scally, since you hate anti-biotics, have you tried taking the wild mediterranean oregano oil instead?

Hi, BKKgirl. Unfortunately, I do not have any information about the oregano oil so can't comment on it. I'll have to look into it, though, thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Scally, Thanks for the info. I am definitely more excited about this than I was about the Baby Q or the NuFace. You're right about the feeling tired all the time. Since I'm married to a younger more energetic man, I found I tire so easily. So I can't wait to order this and get started on the program. Then I will truly be a chatty Cathy (my real name). Very Happy

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Racecargirl wrote:
Hi Scally, Thanks for the info. I am definitely more excited about this than I was about the Baby Q or the NuFace. You're right about the feeling tired all the time. Since I'm married to a younger more energetic man, I found I tire so easily. So I can't wait to order this and get started on the program. Then I will truly be a chatty Cathy (my real name). Very Happy

Chatty Cathy, I give you the title since it IS your real name and I'll be Talkative Tricia to keep things straight!

ETA: I'm going to start another thread where hopefully, we can keep each other updated on our progress. I'll post a link here for everyone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Racecargirl wrote:

Chatty Cathy, I give you the title since it IS your real name and I'll be Talkative Tricia to keep things straight!

That's a deal. Very Happy

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the new thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=252105#252105

BTW, I placed my order Monday morning and it came today!!! Super fast delivery. I'm starting immediately. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Scalli, the wild med oregano oil is really spicy and yucky tasting. But it takes only 4 drops under your tongue. Apparently the cervacrol % is key to the effectiveness. At bio-alternatives, they sell one at 85% http://www.bio-alternatives.com/buyoregano.htm as well as 93% http://www.carvacrol-ex.com/

I bought the 85% one but thought maybe I should have bought the 93% one to ensure effectiveness. Also 2 oz a bottle is a lot since you only use 4 drops a day and not every day. (Just the days you want to fight the germs like when you're having a cold or flu.)
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
My Mother uses a very pricey Oreganio oil she gets online for $60 a small bottle. She uses it for her chronic cough.

Anyway, I purchased some of the Bio Brand for her as an alternative....she said it did not work at all commpared to her "other" brand which actually had less cervacrol % then the Bio one.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, BKK and Tangal. I will be ordering some more MSM soon since I've upped my dosage and I've been very pleased with BioAlternatives (I use their Amino Acids blend, as well, it really works to combat stress - fantastic stuff). I will add the Oregano oil to my new order.

Tangal, do you have any comments regarding the two choices? I am leaning toward the 93% right now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I would go with the 93% myself, If I was trying it. Wink
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I will!!! Off to BioAlternatives...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
thank you for sharing info!!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

Scally, would you please let us know how the Cervacrol-EX works out for you? TIA! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Scally, would you please let us know how the Cervacrol-EX works out for you? TIA! Very Happy

Yes, absolutely, Cherisse. This is rather serendipitous since I have also just started a Candida cleanse - oregano oil is also reputed to be the ONLY thing that completely kills candida! So, this will be very valuable for me on many fronts!!! Thanks, for bringing the subject up!

On another note - also very important on the vanity front - MSM is a wonder supplement for me! My brows are filling in and my hair is growing like madness! Not sure whether you guys remember but I cut it off last summer and my husband has requested I grow it back out. The MSM is working like gangbusters for this. Look how long it is now!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
My hair is growing soo fast as well. I'm so happy, it seems as though I can see and feel the difference on a daily basis!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
My hair is growing soo fast as well. I'm so happy, it seems as though I can see and feel the difference on a daily basis!!

Me, too! It's like it's started working - BAM - and I notice news things daily, as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Yes, absolutely, Cherisse. This is rather serendipitous since I have also just started a Candida cleanse - oregano oil is also reputed to be the ONLY thing that completely kills candida! So, this will be very valuable for me on many fronts!!! Thanks, for bringing the subject up!

On another note - also very important on the vanity front - MSM is a wonder supplement for me! My brows are filling in and my hair is growing like madness! Not sure whether you guys remember but I cut it off last summer and my husband has requested I grow it back out. The MSM is working like gangbusters for this. Look how long it is now!!!

Woohoo! Another gorgeous picture! Very Happy I love seeing your picture, Tricia. I love how you can not smile but make your face still look happy but sad and beautiful at the same time. I look so scary when I take a pic of myself unsmiling. hehe
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Cherisse. Here's a happy, smiley picture. I took these for the Lips2Kiss thread so more serious pics apply as I've got to show the changes! I just linked the same pic I used there in this thread for simplicity's sake because my hair has grown so much! So, I wasn't trying to be sad/happy/serious. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have strings in the glass of water Crying or Very sad I haven't taken an antibiotic for close to 30 years. I eat lots of live culture yogurt--anyone have a clue what might be the problem?

I'll be ordering the crystals from bio alternative or maybe someone who sells them in bigger quantities! Razz tomorrow! Shock
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering about the candida test...you have to spit first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything, right? I keep forgetting to do this. Bummer!
Linda101
5% products discount

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Back to MSM for a moment (LOL)-- I've been taking it about a month now. I have clearly noticed a difference in my eyelashes, I had very little bottom lashes and last weekend when I put on mascara I actually found the lashes to be longer and thicker. On the down side, the facial, leg and other unwanted spots for hair growth are also growing faster. Guess I need to take the good with the bad.

Linda
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Linda, i've also found the unwanted hair grows faster but i'm willing to get rid of it more often if it means i'll have more hair on my head and my lashes and eyebrows will fill out again.... Cool

5% products discount

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I agree rosyface, it is worth it. I've not seen a difference with my hair(head)yet, but it's pretty long already so it would take longer to notice. I have just changed my routine for hair removal, use to be able to just do it Friday nite, now I do it Wednesday and Friday (and in between on the face if needed).

I've got to get my mom on it next. She is 87 and her biggest complaint is her hair is thinning. She can't swallow pills, so I'm going to get her the capsules for Mother's Day and tell her to open them and put in a glass of water. Although, she keeps her hair pretty short so then she'll complain about how fast it is growing. LOL--- Can't win in my family.

Linda
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |