Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
MSM - I lost body fat & tighter skin - anyone else too?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
alilicious why don't you try taking Silicea Gel it is amazing for hair and nail growth.
Here is a link for more information.

http://www.silicea.com.au/

This is available throughout North America as well. I get it locally in Toronto!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Where do you get MSM crystals? Are they for weight loss?

Monica34 wrote:
I am really surprised that I have lost body fat without even trying the last three weeks. I have been taking MSM crystals for two months, building up from 2x 1000mg to 2x 2500mg and suddenly I lost weight and my skin got firmer in the thigh, tummy and upper arms. I have been exercising for several years and I always eat healthy, but there were some areas which I didnt think would change - and I was okay with that Smile It must be the MSM, since its the only thing I have done different! I lost five pounds in all the right areas LOL.

Is this just co-incidence or is that possible because of taking the MSM??
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestion Mishie... I think I'll give that a try.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Mishie...MSM should be taken (and other vitamins) at the beginning of your meal...not when you finish. This is especially important with MSM.

I have never heard of this before! What is the reasoning behind this, I am curious?
pcnetwrx
5% products discount

Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Selesti wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
Mishie...MSM should be taken (and other vitamins) at the beginning of your meal...not when you finish. This is especially important with MSM.

I have never heard of this before! What is the reasoning behind this, I am curious?

The main reason is to reduce any possibility of stomach upset or excess acidity.
monarch
5% products discount

Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had a really bad reaction to MSM? I have taken it on and off for several months and each I start feeling very lethargic and my stomach is uneasy. I wonder if the acid in MSM is bothering my stomach. I have acid reflux. Any help would be appreciated. (1,000 mg. once a day) Crying or Very sad
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Monarch --

Read through this thread, please. Your oncerns have been asked and answered. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Hi, ruk1 -
I pretty much tried to follow Tangal's recs for MSM, so I use PureMSM by Trimedica. It's in a powder form, and Lignisul processed. I bought mine from my local GNC.

Oh, one more side effect (not sure if you can call this one a benefit): this seems to have an affect on my alcohol tolerance level. I seem to catch a buzz MUCH faster than I used to from wine, beer, mixed drinks. I also don't feel so great the next morning! So, I never overindulge anymore. I suppose that's healthy, so I'll call it a benefit.

I think I read someone mentioning the same thing earlier in the thread. It's strange - I have experienced exactly the opposite effect! I had worked my way up to quite a high dose (about 20g per day) and I noticed that my alcohol tolerance became VERY high.
I didn't realize it right away, but there were a few nights that I noticed a drink or two while relaxing at home had ZERO effect. I made the connection after a happy hour during which I had about 6-7 drinks over the course of a few hours. I had a good buzz, but I should've been drunk, and I wasn't. I also felt absolutely fine the next morning.
I viewed it as a positive benefit at the time, though it could really go either way!

I'm currently working my way back up to a high dose, as I had to stop for awhile. I think I increased the dosage too quickly, as after awhile on the 20g, my stomach was a complete disaster. It's funny that it took awhile for that to happen though, it didn't start as soon as I began the high dose. Then I did a 3 week cleanse, during which time I didn't take any supplements. So I'm at 2g a day right now and will try to increase more slowly this time.

I noticed increased energy and some lightening of my melasma during the couple of months that I was taking the higher doses. Unfortunately my melasma seems to be about back where I started, but hopefully by increasing slowly I'll be able to sustain the higher doses of MSM on a long term basis.
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
hi monarch! reading through the thread can be a bit daunting at this point (15 pages, yikes!). here's what i can remember about your specific issues: 1) apparently the lethargy goes away after taking the supplement for some time (though my memory is a bit fuzzy on this), and 2) msm actually HELPS with acid reflux.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I took my first 1g of PureMSM by Solaray (guaranteed pure/no filler) today which I bought from WF, 60caps for $8.00. I took 1 pill after chowing down 2 huge slices of pizza for dinner from Whole Foods because the bottle says to take it with food. I felt fine after. However, 3.5 hours later I feel a little "hazy". Is this normal? Does it normally take over 3 hours for you to experience the side-effect? Please advise. Thanks.
manon
5% products discount

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if MSM also helps lighten age spots?
monarch
5% products discount

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I definitely think it helps with age spots. Some of my age spots actually disappeared and others lightened considerably. I am sorry that I cannot tolerate MSM. It helped my hair and nails also.
sueqlew
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Manon,MSM made a huge difference in my brown patches on my face and hands,too.It took a while (maybe 6 months) before I realized that they had diminished considerably because I didn't know that this was something to expect.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
chesterfield wrote:
I took my first 1g of PureMSM by Solaray (guaranteed pure/no filler) today which I bought from WF, 60caps for $8.00. I took 1 pill after chowing down 2 huge slices of pizza for dinner from Whole Foods because the bottle says to take it with food. I felt fine after. However, 3.5 hours later I feel a little "hazy". Is this normal? Does it normally take over 3 hours for you to experience the side-effect? Please advise. Thanks.

chesterfield,
Starting at 1g may be the problem. You should start with 1/4 that amount, then every two weeks slowly increase the dosage. Maybe you could break open the caps? I buy mine in loose powder form, so I can control the dosage.

It would definitely explain your "hazy" feeling 3.5 hours later, especially if you had caffeine during that time. That's been my experience. I've decided that I pretty much need to give up coffee/soda if I want to continue taking 1g of caffeine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered my MSM powder fromwww.vitaminlife.com
after checking a bunch of places (including some mentioned in this thread)(havent read through all 15 pages...)I found this place to have cheaper international shipping.
I wonder if my previous problems of low absoption of minerals and stomach acid problems could be related to low sulphur levels....curious...
anyway looking forward to better skin hair and health! Very Happy
monarch
5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried MSM cream
ben_253
5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
This stuff sounds great. Gonna get my hands on some asap! Smile
manon
5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Seaqlew and Monarch. I bought some the other day and I can't wait for the results. Very Happy
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
does MSM help with losing weight?
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
.....I have been taking it for about 2 weeks and was taking half a teaspoon once a day but now have started taking it twice a day. I dont want to get anyones hopes up too high but I must say I have noticed a reduction (slight) in my cellulite! and I have STOPPED using the massager I was using and stopped with the creams....I guess it makes sense as MSM is supposed to make your cell walls softer and more able to flush out toxins.....I think anyone having any kind of unpleasant effects should consider just the pure powder as it is better than a capsule dissolving in your tummy at full strength....though I did read it is supposed to be as harmless as water for your system and you can actually mix it with water and rinse out your eyes....also can be given to pets.....and mixed in your creams and shampoos etc....anyway I am hooked! and will kepp taking this forever!!!! I always get allergies in spring so this will be great if it helps with that....and a bonus of... fingers crossed.. no cellulite? wow!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
no cellulite? that's interesting observation, I have taken it for couple of weeks now. didnt notice any improvment in anything... Embarassed
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
no cellulite? that's interesting observation, I have taken it for couple of weeks now. didnt notice any improvment in anything... Embarassed

oh believe me I am FAR from NO cellulite but have noticed the improvement.....I was reading that if you dont have improvement (for joint pain which is why it is typically taken) then to increase the dose (which I did)
maybe that will help......but I hadnt thought about it helping with that and really am impressed!I was hoping for other benefits ...... against allergies younger cell function and of course weight loss which by the way I havent seen any improvement but will give that time! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I use MSM for growth and development of protein structures such as hair, nails, skin, gingiva (gums) and to aid in joints repair. It will aid in most collagen-related tissues. These are the support functions of a protein and MSM aids in this. I've been an MSM junkie for almost 3months and of course with vit C and a few other goodies.
My hair grows like crazy! I love it. I take 2000mg in the am, another 1000 at noonish and another 1000 before bed and at least 1000 - more vitamin C.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Im up to 3 tsp now. How many grams is that?

6 weeks on ive noticed longer lashes but dont know if its the MSM or the Biotin I started taking the same time. Haent noticed difference in hair yet but I guess that takes longer to show.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
there are about 5 grams per teaspoon which is 5000 milligrams...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |