Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Ladies, what's your best Sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
scrabble-and-tea
5% products discount

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
carforum wrote:
scrabble-and-tea wrote:
I like LaRoche Posay Aqua-Lait because it has an SPF of 50+ and a PPD of 28 (the UVA ageing rays) which is absolutely great. It has the highest UVA protection I've seen. No breakouts so far.

same here, but i am using spf60, it's good! anyone is using LRP spray sunscreen? is it good?

I haven't used the spray but I have to say it's such a shame that the prices of European things are so inflated when they reach England and to ship to America is a lot of money ... such a shame because my sunscreen was only 9 euros, I think ... yet so much more if I bought it over here! hmpf. =[

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
my favorite is Peter Thomas Roth ultra lite titanium dioxide sunblock spf 30.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
When the UV is really high I use La Roche Posay's Anthelios. The FDA just made it avaiable in the states, although I still order the Canadian/European version SPF40. I also use Sophina Nuance which I learned about here at EDS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Beru...do you know if the Anthelios SX spf 15 has mexoryl in it?
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Beru...do you know if the Anthelios SX spf 15 has mexoryl in it?

yeah it does.
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
where can i get sunkiller or sofina sunscreen?

thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
My sunscreen is Lancome UV Expert DNA Shield Active Triple Protection SPF50/PA+++.
But next sun screen after it finish will be Spectraban (Physical sunscreen).
I alwalys work under sun shine in Asian weather. So, I want quite high SPF.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
The only one that doesn't break me or irritate me is Shiseido Anessa SPF 30
LisaB113

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite sunscreen is from Institut Esthederm. It allows you to tan without burning. It is spf 25 or 30 i think. ( Ilive in jersey so I haven't had it since the summer). Also, if your extremely lucky you might be able to find IE NO SUN on ebay (they won't sell it in the US). It is SPF 100 and perfect for vacationing closer to the equator.

Lisa Very Happy
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:41 am      Reply with quote
yuki wrote:

thanks

You can get sofina from bobodave.com Very Happy

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
you can get sunkiller from bobodave too
i just found its selling sunkiller, is sunkiller as good as sofina?
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I like shiseido anessa spf50. But you must be careful about cleansing
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Nutrogena SPF 55 with Helioplex...so awesome!

Changing my mind on this one, not so awesome after all. A lot of balling up and wouldn't sink in. Sad
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
Nutrogena SPF 55 with Helioplex...so awesome!

Changing my mind on this one, not so awesome after all. A lot of balling up and wouldn't sink in. Sad

I just got my The Organic Pharmacy sunscreen. It's only SPF 25 though. I haven't tried it yet, but will keep you updated when I do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="carolb69"]
yuki wrote:

thanks

I think the 2 are very similar and i even like sunkiller better actually. sunkiller has quite a few formulations though, i have tried clearwater which sounds very similar to sofina lucent. I think the texture of the sunkiller clearwater and the sofina are very similar, and i won't be purchasing sofina again after I am out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
My favourite is Acseine. I've tried many sun screen and I'm allgeric to most of them. It is a Japanese product and it designed especially for sensitive skin.
jeab
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I like Shisedo
mcaleung
5% products discount

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
DDF Matte finish SPF 30!
Cheap and effective
cause no break out on my acne prone skin!
Kirstin
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever tried True Cosmetics essential spf gel 30. It is supposed to be non-comedegenic and the true cosmetics mineral makeup is all the buzz at EDS so I was hoping that someone tried it. I want something that I use in my routine regularly and the Yonka moisturizers that I use don't have an SPF, but I love love love them, so I want something that won't compete with them... any suggestions?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
LaRochePosay Dermo-Pediatrics spf40 SPRAY (not the cream or lotion) It leaves a matte finish and no breakouts. PPD is about 18 I believe. Works just fantastic. (Stays on through all sports, too.)

For other use:
Cellular Skin Rx SunAway (Office days)
Solar Defender SPF 28 (physical sunscreen for the foggy days)

Daily combo moisturizer with sunscreen choice: Cetaphil spf 15 lotion. Nice combo product.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
How do u calculate the SPF? I'm just wondering the higher the SPF, does that mean I can stay out in the sun longer protected? hmm Just say for winter, is SPF 15 enough? If I apply it in the morning, does that mean I have to reapply again in the afternoon? I also heard that the higher the SPF, the easier it is for the sunscreen to block ur pores causing breakouts.... I'm confused Sad
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
How do u calculate the SPF? I'm just wondering the higher the SPF, does that mean I can stay out in the sun longer protected? hmm Just say for winter, is SPF 15 enough? If I apply it in the morning, does that mean I have to reapply again in the afternoon? I also heard that the higher the SPF, the easier it is for the sunscreen to block ur pores causing breakouts.... I'm confused Sad

From my understanding, the lesser the SPF, the lesser sun protection time you have. I always wear at least SPF 50 when I leave my house. If I'm just at home, I wear SPF 25. If you're exposed to prolonged sun exposion, you should reapply your sunscreen throughout the day, I think. However, I only do so on the beach or when I'm doing outdoor activites. Make sure your face is clean before reapplying sunscreen though as it can cause breakouts.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I recently got a sample of clinique superdefense spf 25 and i am actually really liking it it doesnt leave a white cast or leave me greasy looking. Smile
Marichka
5% products discount

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for LRP Aqua-lait 50 +. Non greasy and is a good "base" for my MMU.
Allie82
5% products discount

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I use Dermatone SPF 15
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |