Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Another Quick Fix Filler Failure - JUVEDERM
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Just wanted to report on a new HYALURONIC ACID filler called Juvederm. I've had a second test treatment at my surgery centre. Had this injected into my nasolabial folds. It's smoother than Restylane as I've had that injected several times too.
Unfortunately, it is said to last aprox 4-6 months, but I found it lasted only about 6-8 weeks.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip! Did the injections hurt?
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I was actually part of the pre FDA approval study of Juvaderm. I was injected with collagen on one side, Juvaderm on the other. For me, the collagen lasted maybe 3 months, the Juva a good 8 months, probably longer. The injections stung, but not too bad.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
My dr. said in clinical trials juvederm lasts 9 days longer than resty. Anyone who didnt get much longevity out of resty or juvederm should try radiese you will get 8 mos to 3 yrs. or more. Also artefill was approved,a permanent filler but its critical to get an experienced injector(someone who participated in the clinical trials).
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, not really. The needle is very fine and the substance is smooth so glides in. I also found good numbing cream does the trick. So, pain is minimun.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've had Juvederm too.
Pain is like any other temp filler, IMO.

Restylane lasted much longer for me though.
I'm not sure how new this is considering when I had it, it was some time ago. Mine was called Juvederm 24.

I've never had anything permanent like Artecoll (Artefill in the US I believe.)
Too scared of that one!
RAS
5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had experience with self injection. I understand for nasal folds its recommended to use # 30 and to inject to the deeper dermal layer.
I'm wondering how you would know if you have reached the dermal layer.
Any info would be helpful
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I self inject but I was trained to give Restylane and Botox injections. Plus, I'm a nurse. Have you had any training? The reason I ask is that injecting is a matter of eyeballing the area and feeling the areas to be injected. The first time I had Resty inj., the optomatrist giving the injections did not numb the areas and I thought I was going to die from the pain. Ouch!!!! I know now that there are topical anesthetics and dental blocks that can take away the discomfort. Also local inj. of Lidocaine can help tremendously. I'm a wimp though so if your pain tolerance is high, this shouldn't be too difficult.

5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Patti,

No I have not been trained. I have only visited the Mfg. Web site and read the directions for injecting. 30% angle,inject as you withdraw the needle, Inject down to deep Dermis.
I have numbing cream used on me when i had ,Sculptra. I have had every injectable made including permanent inj. in Canada.

I have since had the perminent one removed a year ago by Plastic Surgeon.

I am now on perminent Disability and can not aford $400 for fillers.

i was going to order Juvederm from Canada and self Inject a little at a time following the directions.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Don't inject too deeply or you will waste the filler.

Good Luck! I hope you get fantastic results.

I'll help you if I can.

5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Patty,

I just watched a video from a Plastic Surgeon That said something very interesting. He said the last thing he does on the face is the Nasal Folds. (My biggest problem). He said he does the Cheeks first. The cheeks will be a more youthful injectable procedure and often not having to do the nasal folds at all. He said that the Nasal folds are not causing the face to age but the loss of fat in the Cheeks. He also said that Radese, (spelling) ? is what he uses in the cheeks. I'm have no information as to how you go about making your Cheeks fuller with injectables. I would think injecting in small amounts covering the entire area in a circle ? Have you heard of that filler and have you had any experience using it in the cheek area?
Thank You,
RAS
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
How interesting!! No, I've never injected in the cheeks. His theory makes sense though. I know that so many of the aging celebrities get cheek implants.

Radiesse is the filler that can last up to 3 years. I'm going to get that one the next time my lip lines start to show. Since this is the first time for you to inject, you are wise to start with Restylane. If you are pleased with your results, get the Radiesse next.

Are you in the U.S.? What program did you see this on?

5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Patty,

I live in New York. I found this site by surfing the net. I was looking for fillers and happened to come across EDS skin care Forums.

I have had Radiesse injected before by a Dr. it cost $1000 for the same amount at a Canadian web. site it cost $279.

The mfg. web site gives you pictures and details on how to inject. It actually can be done with only 2 injections in the cheek area. They describe a fanning technique that's done without removing the needle but one time.

RAS
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh, ooh. I'm going to go see if I can find it.

Thanks so much.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
RAS, which site is it on? I googled Radiesse and looked at several of the sites, but I can't find a demonstration.

5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Patty,

I found under Radiesse (Facial Lipoatprophy)

Under Physician info than clinical education.

RAS
RAS
5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Patty,

Did you find the Information you were looking for?

RAS
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I just found it with your helpful informative assistance. LOL!!! I never would have looked that thoroughly if you hadn't told me about it.

I'm copying the guides as we "speak". I've got a feeling you're going to want 2 - 1 ml syringes. I sure wish I could inject for you but you're too far away and it's illegal for me to inject without an order from a doc.

Do you think you can remember how the doc injected you before? I'm worried that you're going to waste you're money by injecting too deeply so that it doesn't show. Or you're going to inject too shallowly and get a bumpy effect.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I asked my plastic surgeon's receptionist about radiesse - she said he does a two-part treatment. Radiesse one day and then you go back two days later and get juvaderm in the same area. I decided against it, so I didn't ask him why. His business partner is a world-renowned facial reconstruction surgeon, so I imagine the two-part approach has more value than either substance alone.
RAS
5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Patty,

I am going to order 2 Of the 1.3 mm .

I have asked doctors if i can watch but i was always turned down.

I only know that it should be at a 30 degree angle and into the Dermis. How you know you are in the Dermis?

I plan on injecting it slowly as not to get lumps, and feel my skin as i inject.I know Doctors hold the syringe at a angle with the needle pointing upward and do short injections several times.
I think i can feel my way as i am going.
I also know i need to put pressure after injecting to smooth out any possible lumps.

If you have any other suggestions i would appreciate it. I understand its not professional advice only your suggestions.

I will place the order on Monday.

Thanks,
RAS
RAS
5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Patty,

If i knew how far in (at a30 deg. angle) the needle should go it would be of great help. I think that would tell me when i am in the dermis area. I think its about 2/3 in but i'm not sure.

RAS
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried several different fillers and found that radiesse is the longest lasting of them all,it is not to be used in lips, but nasal lines its fine. I believe the vertical lines above the lip are difficult for fillers because there is so much movement there,but I have heard the dermaroller the one with the l.5 mm needles can help build up collagen there and get rids of wrinkles there the way a laser can, yet cheaper and no down time.I have gotten up to a year with radiesse while all the others only lasted me a month! Some people get 3 years out of it, its the best deal of them all but you need someone who is experienced in the injection of it because there is no quick fix out of a bad result like there is with restylane.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
RAS, honey, I don't know what to tell you. You have a great game plan in mind so if you're determined, I think you'll be fine. Please let us know how it goes. I do think you should start with the Restylane first. As Lucyluk explained, Resty won't last as long and you'll get some practice in first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
SandraG-I am so sorry the juvederm didn't last for you. Normally the resty lasts 6-8 months for me (unless I put the Baby Q on it) and I have done that several times in the last few years. I just had the juvederm done in late Feb. and it is holding well. It was much smoother than the lumpier resty and seemed to bond to my natural collagen extremely well. I did bruise worse. Although they claim it didn't hurt as much as the resty injections, I found it equal in pain.
I could not do it to myself, I am afraid. Hats off and good luck to you, RAS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
SandraG-I am so sorry the juvederm didn't last for you. Normally the resty lasts 6-8 months for me (unless I put the Baby Q on it) and I have done that several times in the last few years. I just had the juvederm done in late Feb. and it is holding well. It was much smoother than the lumpier resty and seemed to bond to my natural collagen extremely well. I did bruise worse. Although they claim it didn't hurt as much as the resty injections, I found it equal in pain.
I could not do it to myself, I am afraid. Hats off and good luck to you, RAS.

Annie,
something I've always been curious about, and trust me I am not against any filler or botox at all, I say whatever works, go for it...but since you've done this for a few years do you find where it wears off that ur wrinkles are deeper from the filler? I hope that makes sense? ie. is the filler taking up more room and creating bigger problems in long run?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |