Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
what do you think works best on wrinkles on top lip??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks Tangal for the reply. MelissaMarie or La Vie En Rose - Is Candy's Matrixyl serum watery? Thanks again. I am after these pesky lines as well!

Its a wee bit thicker than her others, but still watery, and sinks right in!! I used Isomers for a good yr or longer with nada, zip, zero results, this was her 3%, she has now ..changed it to a 5%, but she can keep it, I felt very lied to with her product line. She gets great ingredients before alot do, but she cheats on the percents until others come out with a competitive product, IMO!!

Somebody said that they found candy's Matrixyl sticky on the skin, do you find that at all, Melissa? I'm about to purchase - but I cant stand stickiness!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Can you use matrixyl all over your face like retrinal? I am just using it now under my eyes and some on nasofobial areas for preventative but am wondering about all over for preventative also.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you can use matrixyl all over your face. It's safe.
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting thread for me - great info.; I've been thinking about a plan for this area since reading the L2K thread a week ago.

I'm using the MyChelle Supreme Polyeptide Cream w/ 5% Matrixyl 3000 (ph 5.5) twice a day beginning a week ago all over my face and neck- w/ extra attention to lines including the top lip. It feels divine! It's a lush consistency that sinks in....She has samples - http://www.mychelleusa.com/index.php?action=item&id=29&prevaction=category&previd=3&prevstart=0 I've also ordered the I Feel Pretty serum sample, and am psyched Razz about trying it.

After reading the Lips2Kiss thread and looking at the site - I want to make-shift follow this plan -- I'm just not up for the full-out L2K program -- bigger fish to fry right now-- so I'm exfoliating in the p.m. by rotating w/ acids and microdermabrasion crystals - and using Matrixyl a.m. and p.m. -- but what might I use during the day to mimic L2K-- Tangal? skincarefreak? Anyone....ideas? Right now I’m using John Masters Lip Calm alone or underneath gloss or color when I’m out.

Also, and perhaps I’ll contact Kim about this when I get the IFP Matrixyl sample, but I don’t know how Matrixyl should be layered --- is it continuously effective while it’s on...or like an acid, does it do a majority of its business after 30 minutes or some length of time? Any no-no’s for mixing it w/ vit. C, acids...anything? TIA~ Cyndi
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot offer suggestions for lips sorry. But Mex 3000 does best on clean skin. I would not mix it with anything, I think that would alter effectiveness.

So do not layer over stuff that could alter penitration.

So do your acids first, and if they are a thin formula, liquid or serum, Then add Mex over it after 30 min. If acids are thicker like a lotion, I would wipe them from skin after 30 min, with a damp cloth, before applying Mex.

Generally you can apply anything over it after about 15 minutes, or after it has absorbed.
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal~ hopes for continued success w/ L2K -- your lips certainly have benefited.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
thankyou, I am hoping also. Time will tell. Wink
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Catski,
I specifically asked Candy about whether her Matrixyl was sticky and she said no she'd not heard that. Is it possible you're thinking of the Face2Flaunt as it is rather sticky?

Kimberly
You know what I'm thinking about the matrixyl right? It firms!! LOL
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the helpful info. /this matrixyl sounds good.

Ive also noticed the corners of my mouth have drooped slightly Sad in fact it bothers me more than the fine lines on top lip as they're hardly noticeable.) I find the droopiness around the mouth more ageing. Would DMAE help with this?

Ive only just started an anti ageing routine the past 2 yrs with retinol,exfoliation and stronger sunscreens so its a bit of a let down to see these signs of ageing appearing regardless. Makes me wonder if its all in vain and we cant escape it Sad

Its not as bad as im making it sound probably, i just freak out sometimes at the smallest sign of my skin ageing Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I ordered a sample of the IFP Matrixyl 3000. The info on the site says Matrixyl is the last thing applied before moisturizer? So, I would assume I put my C serum on, then the Matrixyl, and then sunscreen. Does this sound right?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
yes it can go over a serum.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tangal. Now, I just need to find a daily exfoliation product and I will be all set to work on these lip lines!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
just add some white sugar to you facial cleaner (in hand), or a skin friendly facial oil, or light lotion. Smile Brown sugar is softer then white if you prefer that.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks Tangal. Now, I just need to find a daily exfoliation product and I will be all set to work on these lip lines!

carekate makes a great lip scrub! or you can always use EpidermxII on the lip area only.

catski -- BluesHeart was right. Face2Flaunt is stickier whereas Candy's Matrixyl has a lighter consistency and sinks in. that nature of the beast (Matrixyl) may be a tad sticky in and of itself....
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
SkinCeuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair. Try it! I was a smoker & I am late 40's. It seems to be be helping...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl,
I was VERY impressed with the NIA 24 scrub. It reminds me a lot of L2K's lip scrub. plus, the NIA got rid of the discolorations on my chest quickly.

kimberly
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice la vie and bluesheart. I have not heard anything about my order from carekate yet, but I will check into hers and the Nia 24.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |