Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MMU for HUGE pores and acne scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Hello! My sis is getting married in May and she has HUGE pores and some tiny acne scars. Is there an MMU that is good at convering that up? I ordered a sample of Alima and Lumiere, but have not gotten them yet. Thanks!
thatgirlangie
5% products discount

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Alima!!!

Alima makeup has actually shrunk my pores, cleared up my skin, and covers really well (depending on how it's applied).

They have a new line of concealers out--I just ordered some samples today. I usually just use a concealer brush to apply foundation to blemishes, after having applied the foundation to my entire face. It lasts the whole day--no problems.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I ordered some samples to check out! Will have to get concealer too!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Both are good for that.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
My sis and I got our samples!! We are FLOORED! Our pores and acne scars have disappeared and our skin is so smooth! Colors were an amazing match for us!!!!!!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
My sis and I got our samples!! We are FLOORED! Our pores and acne scars have disappeared and our skin is so smooth! Colors were an amazing match for us!!!!!!

Which ones?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Alima samples of their foundation and blushes! Love the converage!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you love it!
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. I've had this brand of MMU recommended to me but I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to check it out.
Obviously the raves for it are making me very excited!
(Sorry to butt in on your post divalovesmusic!)
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
No probs dalguy. You should try it!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Pure Luxe have these great line erasers. I can't remember it's exact name, but it's amazing at 'filling' in large pores and lines before using makeup over it.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sel. I'll have to get a sample of it.
kittikin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Does Alima help w/fine lines/wrinkles, too? I've been using Bare Escentuals, but it seems to accentuate all my flaws!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I was using BE and my lines came out like creases in leather. But, I think that you have to have a good base BEFORE you put any kind of MMU on. And you have to have the right color. I tried BE, Alima, and Lumiere with a properly prepared face, and BE just looked too drying and yes, the lines were highly defined. Try another MMU line.
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I tried EM and it accentuated the fine lines on my head, and looked a bit dry around the eyes. I'm now trying Lumiere which I really like. Much more natural and leaves skin looking pretty flawless. Tempted to try Alima as well now, just to confuse things!
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I know! There are so many choices and I just want to try them all! Think that when I get enough funds I will try Jane Iredale.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm wanting to switch to a mineral foundation, liquid just feels too heavy. My issues are I've got the oillies, enlarges pores, 2 (wrinkles)lines under my eyes and a couple of acne scars. In the past I've tried BE and it really accentuated my pores, lines and made my face really itchy. Right now I'm waiting on samples from from Aromaleigh and EDM. I have high hopes for EDM "olive fair" looks like an exact match for me. After reading all the raves on Alima I might have to order some samples from there too.
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I was naughty. Just ordered a replacement from Lumierre AND a foundation from Alima!! I'm happy with Lumiere, but just have to try Alima in case it's better!

When I first tried EM I was really happy with it, it looked so much better than my normal make up. But then I found it enhanced lines. Once I tried Lumiere, I sooo preferred it, much more natural, and a much better colour match. For the money tho, you get LOADS from EM. The starter kit is cheap and they're full size containers. AFter receiving that, i was a little disappointed when i received the small pots from Lumiere... Although not once I tried it. Quality not quantity as they say!
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered samples from Lumierre and Alima. yay!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered Aromaleigh samples. I tried Alima and Everyday Minerals but they seem to make my pores bigger after about an hour our so on my face. Has anyone tried Aromaleigh yet?
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:19 am      Reply with quote
JI liquid foundation is better than other powder MMU if you have large pores.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven NuFace Gel Primer (5 fl oz / 148 ml)