Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Clarisonic - is it worth the money???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fidget-jones
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
....because I keep looking at them and wondering if it will change my life! Shock

I have normal skin but with hormonal breakouts - would love to know if anyone is reaping the rewards of one of these.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't say the Clarisonic has changed my life but I would buy it again. It really leaves my skin smooth and helps to exfoliate dry patches. I don't think it has done much for fine lines but it is good at giving a thorough cleaning and removing makeup. Make sure you check prices on ebay or get a coupon. You shouldn't have to pay full price.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Here is where the Clarisonic has been reviewed.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11732&highlight=
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Frodo for posting link!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
It changed my life....well my face! My forehead never really broke out, but it still wasn't perfectly clear, and after two weeks of using the Clarisonic twice a day on the factory setting, it looked amazing to me.

Now I use it twice a day on the regular setting, which is a little faster than the default. The good thing about the Clarisonic is that they have good customer service and you can return it if it's not for you. On another thread, someone said the company replaced it twice because they dropped it in the shower and were also sent free replacement brushes for the inconvenience.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oakview,
funny you mentioned it does a good job at removing makeup...cause i recall you can't use it when you have makeup on... i've always wondered if you can use it to remove makeup though =P...

and I had mine replaced once too... cause it just stopped "vibrating" only made the sounds...

my sushi secret,
how do you change the settings? I lost my user manual =P and how many settings are there?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
Oakview,
funny you mentioned it does a good job at removing makeup...cause i recall you can't use it when you have makeup on... i've always wondered if you can use it to remove makeup though =P...

and I had mine replaced once too... cause it just stopped "vibrating" only made the sounds...

my sushi secret,
how do you change the settings? I lost my user manual =P and how many settings are there?

When you turn it on, keep holding the button down. After three seconds, it will beep three times to tell you the power level; three ascending beeps mean it's on regular power and three descending beeps mean it's on low power. You can also change it so it runs for 2 minutes by holding the button down for 10 seconds.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think that I can post links yet as I am a relatively new Forum member. But I do know you can download a PDF of the Clarisonic manual from their website.

Hope this helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
thanks my sushi secret...

i'll change mine tonight...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone I'll do a bit more research, I'm particularly wondering if it's possible to buy another (cheaper) brand which claims similar results, which will be as good.

Do you think we're just paying for the name? I'm in the UK and so far the only place I've found that sells clarisonic is EDS, which at about £100 isn't cheap Sad
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have had mine for about a year now. I really like it, use it once a day in the evening. I highly recommend it.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely think it's worth it. I bought it a while ago but I've just started using it regularly once or twice a day for 2 minutes, using the gentle brush. My pores aren't as clogged and are getting smaller (my biggest pore problem is on my nose).

I tried the regular brush just to see the difference and like the feel of the gentle better. (it comes with both brushes).

The Clarisonic uses the same sonic technology as the Sonicare toothbrush. I don't think you'll find that in a cheaper brush. I find that after using the Clarisonic, my skin drinks in moisturizers, etc. much more.

If you go to the official Clarisonic site, you can read more and find links to online dealers. Probably the best deal would be to get it from Ebay or at a site where you can use a coupon or a percentage off sale.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I recently returned mine to Nordstroms after trying it for a few months. It broke some caps even on the low and sensitive brush setiings and caused my redness to flare from rosacea on the cheek area. I decided it was too expensive to just have around to use on my chin. I never saw any decrease of a couple of blackhead areas I was trying to control.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I also returned mine since it didn't help with my clogged pores and blackheads. If you really want to try it, definitely buy it from a place that take returns.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know.. I was planning to buy one. I guess I won't be purchasing it..
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...I have been debating buying one for a while now, and just started seriously pricing them, but now am not sure! I am prone to break outs, have the large pores on the nose, and in the past year, developed serious hyperpigmentation problems. Did anyone who returned it have any problem returning it?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Wow...I have been debating buying one for a while now, and just started seriously pricing them, but now am not sure! I am prone to break outs, have the large pores on the nose, and in the past year, developed serious hyperpigmentation problems. Did anyone who returned it have any problem returning it?

I bought it online because it quarantees free return within 30 days. I had no problem returning mine.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |