Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IQ Beauty -- Makeup Line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some of the products in IQ Beauty. I've used them for a few years, and really like them.

Sheer Activity, SPF 15: Although it looks like it has a lot of color it's a very sheer, shimmery wash. I am very, VERY pale with yellow undertones, and this works on me. It evens out my complexion, and gives a little glow. It stays on really well.
Luminous: This goes under the eyes - it's a gel. It's moisturizing and gives a glow.
Concealer: It blends really well, good color match for me. (Not easy to do!)
Eye Glow: These are GREAT eye shadows. All the colors are sheer, but well pigmented, so you can build up the color. They stay really well, and don't crease. She has quite a few colors, but they aren't all on the web site yet. I have a bronzy gold - #6, gold #4, a dark mossy green #16, a pinky beige #17, and black #13.

http://www.iqbeauty.com/
I spoke with the artist today, Fredericke, and she said she would be more then happy to answer any questions through email on her site. She also has some really good glosses and lipsticks, and cheek shades. I'll take a photo of the lipstick and gloss I bought today.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Yogi, you're killing me. I'd been considering the Becca tinted foundation but this looks very interesting. You like the Luminous? I'm not REAL pale but on the lighter end of the spectrum with yellow undertones. This might work for me.

kimberly
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Kimberly!
For me, the Sheer Activity (on the very top), combined with the concealer stick (in the middle), gives me really nice sheer coverage that lasts. I hadn't used the Sheer Activity in awhile, but yesterday the artist/owner of the line Fredericke used it on me with the concealer. My skin tone looked even and dare I say it - healthy. But without looking like I'd darkened my skin. And then the Luminous, the white gel in the jar, gives highlights and moisture. I've used the Becca, and it didn't work for me but it's a great line.
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Any ingredients lists anywhere? If you have the packaging, could you please post them?
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Sharkbait wrote:
Any ingredients lists anywhere? If you have the packaging, could you please post them?

I have some of them, but not all. Was there one item you wanted to know about? If I don't have it I'm sure you can get it from Fredericke. Smile
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I was mostly thinking of the tinted moisturizer. TIA!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
The active ingredients in the Sheer Activity are octinoxate, octisalate and oxybenzone. The rest of the list is long! I've never had a reaction from it, but I don't have particularly sensitive skin.
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Yogi! I“m so sensitive, I need to avoid a whole slew of ingredients. It probably a lot of work to type it all up, I can email them through the site. Thanks!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
when i went back to palmetto, i was quite tempted to try out the whole line as i like the philosophy behind this. luckily, it was spur of the moment and i felt rude calling yogi at the last minute so she couldn't enable me Laughing

the Sheer Activity was one of the most tempting and the coverage was light and nearly undetectable. two things held me back. one, there was yellow in it and i am so pale (neutral/cool) that i really have to be careful lest i look like i have liver disease. i was to grumpy from surgery to apply it to my whole face to see whether it worked or not. secondly, i am breakout prone and i have sworn not to buy any foundation or TM (have a whole bunch that i need to throw out, very expensive experiments) without testing it for a few days and there just wasn't time. it did look lovely, though.

the concealer didn't tempt me much as i have Cle de Peau which it actually reminded me of a lot. the SA said this was the most popular item.

stayed away from the blushes as i'd just bought two Julie Hewitts and was quite thrilled with them. i did, however, succomb to one more lippie -- an aptly named shade called Naked. very nice, subtle and natural shade that doesn't make me look dead (as most nudish ones do).

i picked up two more eye shadows as i'm having so much fun with the ones i already have. i actually wish i had picked up even more! they can be so wonderfully subtle and just make you glow. i use them like fingerpaint and consider them dummy-proof. i'm sure in the hands of an expert they'd be even better, but since i'm the afore-mentioned dummy, i'm quite thrilled. these open up my squinty eyes (think Meredith on Greys Anatomy) more than any shadows i've ever used.

i also got the Perfect Black Pencil to line the upper rim. my eyes are very sensitive and this does not cause me any problems. however, it's very soft and the black seems to transfer down to the lower rims at first.... it could be my application method or it could just be my squashed eyes. whatever, i'm having fun with this as well and am thrilled my eyes haven't seemed to have any bad reaction.

i think next time i'm in L.A. i would definitely like to play with this line further (with yogi if she'll have me). it really emphasises the natural look without being boring or fuddy-dud. and, if you really wanted to, i think you could get a very dramatic look with thicker application.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Hey LaVie -
Next time you're here please call so we can get in some makeup trouble together! I'm glad you like the shadows - they are my favs.

Next weekend I'll be going to the Grammys, so I asked the artist to pick out a lipstick and gloss for me. She chose "wish", a sheer shimmery red with some blue, and "sheer lust" for the gloss. It's a clear red with gold. I tried to get a photo of them, but the colors aren't coming out right. Anyway, at least my lips will look good! Rolling Eyes
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
yogi -- that sounds like it would be marvelous on you!!! i know you've been going for the more natural look, but i do like you with colour. which shadows will you wear? BTW, ONE (the bridal one) is actually a lovely shade to highlight under the brow and the center of your lips (between lipstick and gloss aplication). you can also put some in the inner corner of the eye to brighten it up and on the inner or outer rim of the lower lashline as well. will show up great in pics -- which we expect to see from you!

also, seriously, get thee hence to a Neimans or a Saks and pick up Guerlain LipLift to wear as a base. it makes everything stay longer and true.

and stop being so modest -- i *saw* you! you will be every bit as gorgeous as your lips! it's all attitude, all very zen -- BE YOUR LIPS Bad Grin
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
[quote="la vie en rose"]yogi -- which shadows will you wear?

I'm not sure what I'm wearing, so shadow-wise, I'll either wear my new green with the gold - BTW the gold acts like the "bridal", as it's really sheer and light. Otherwise it's the bronzy gold with dk brown.

also, seriously, get thee hence to a Neimans or a Saks and pick up Guerlain LipLift to wear as a base. it makes everything stay longer and true.

I will, on your recommendation!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Fredrique with some questions and she's very prompt and very nice. Thanks Yogi and La Vie, I'm going to try the TM and the Luminous.

kimberly
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I emailed Fredrique with some questions and she's very prompt and very nice. Thanks Yogi and La Vie, I'm going to try the TM and the Luminous.

or lord, you reminded me -- i soooooo wanted the Luminous. the SA was fairly clueless on this but i was going to get it anyways. duh! plum forgot. please do tell when you get these.

yogi -- not sure what you're wearing, but gut instinct says the green with that lippie. then. you can be lit up like a christmas tree. nah, just kidding. i think it would be more dramatic though, and go beautifully with your colouring.

and i promise you will love the LipLift. just make sure to apply it lightly and smoothe it in. it will be awesome with your nude looks as well.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

kimberly

That's great! I hope you love them.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
as yogi and la vie en rose already know, i'm so anxious to try these products now! i just have to think about what i'm actually lacking at the moment... not much, in fact, which makes it hard to look forward to the next purchase!

and yogi, please post pics of your lips when and if you get a chance--those colors sound absolutely beautiful, especially the red with gold...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote

I couldn't get the color right in the photo of my lips.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
That is the MOST gorgeous red. *sigh*

kimberly
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
yogi -- i'm waiting anxiously for a photo of you from the Grammys!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
We never remember to take photos! We're always in such a rush to get there on time. So no pics. If anyone sends me one I'll post it though. I wore my great lipstick and gloss - I've been wearing them a lot during the day also. I generaly go back and forth between dark (ish) and nudes. On my face I used the sheer tint with a dash of foundation in some areas which gave nice even coverage. And the best part was a GREAT blow dry. I probably looked like crap at the end of the night, but it was fun. But boy, do my feet hurt Exclamation Exclamation
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
L to R
#17 - pinky gold, #16 - green, #4 - goes on as a very light gold

#6 a great bronzy color
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:18 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
We never remember to take photos! We're always in such a rush to get there on time. So no pics. If anyone sends me one I'll post it though. I wore my great lipstick and gloss - I've been wearing them a lot during the day also. I generaly go back and forth between dark (ish) and nudes. On my face I used the sheer tint with a dash of foundation in some areas which gave nice even coverage. And the best part was a GREAT blow dry. I probably looked like crap at the end of the night, but it was fun. But boy, do my feet hurt Exclamation Exclamation

still hoping you find a picture! BTW, i'm meeting with avalange today and will let her play with my IQ eyeglows. perhaps she'll think of an ingenious way to take pics (though i'm loathe to be without them!) i think i now want every colour so we should have a fun shopping excursion when i return Laughing

as for your aching feet, i know this is late, but you can store it in the back of your head for future nights in heels.... i seriously swear by this after being subjected to four day trade shows in heels, 8+ hours on concrete floors, for many years (learned this trick from an overweight male brit). before you go to sleep slather your feet with the red Tiger Balm, massage it in, then slather some more. put a pair of old socks on to keep it penetrating all night (and don't forget to wash it off your hands). your feet will feel almost like new in the morning!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
LaVie,
That's a great idea for feet! I'm going to try it tonight even though they've recovered from Grammy hell. That's a 10 to 12 hour day in monster heels!

I can't wait til you get back here -- we'll have fun!!
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Gee Yogi,

I'm new here. What in the world do you do?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I teach yoga. But my long time boyfriend is in the music business. So once a year I get to play dress up
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |