Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Essential Oils for Facial Steamer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
On your advice I bought a facial steamer for my office. I also bought a towel warmer for those who prefer it. I need advice on essential oils to use in the steamer. I've done some reading today about oils and it sounds like there are a multitude of beneficial oils to consider. I know I need lavender, rose... Can those of you with the experience and knowledge of e.o. make suggestions of oils that you find beneficial?

Thanks.

Patty

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Patty, where I have my facials done, they use Neroli. I love it, it's such a pretty scent.

I copied this description of Neroli from NaturesGift.com:

Neroli's aroma is a wonderful blend of floral with undertones of citrus. It is lovely by itself, or blends well with rose, bergamot, or other citrus oils. Emotionally, Neroli can help calm anxiety, and relieve depression. It is a key ingredient in our anti-anxiety blend, Reunité. Neroli can help balance both oily and dry skin, since it has an sebum balancing effect.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh Tam. Thanks so much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Patty, what type of effects are you trying to achieve with the steamer? If you are using it mainly for skin care, what type of skin do you have? Do you have any medical concerns, or any health conditions that you need to be careful with? If you are perfectly healthy (not pregnant, no blood pressure condition, epilepsy, etc) than just let us know your skin type and we can all recommend a few. Or if you like you can PM me privately and I can suggest some just for you.

Generally, EOs that are great for skin care are Rose, Geranium Rose, Neroli, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Roman Chamomile, Jasmine, Lavender, and lots of others. There are too many to mention!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Wildflower.

I purchased a professional facial steamer to be used on different clients with different needs. I'm learning from reading the info on different sites that different oils do different things. Basically, the oils I will be using would be oils for mature, dry skin and oils for acne, blackheads. Also, can you suggest something for Rosacea? I think I need to call one of the essential oil companies and present these questions to them as I hate to bother you guys with this. I have a lot to learn.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Wildflower,

Do you sell oils?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Patty wrote:
Wildflower,

Do you sell oils?

Not yet, but I can suggest a few lines I really like: Primavera, Acqua Vita, the Aromatherapist... There are lots of great organic lines out there. Just make sure you are using highy quality therapeutic grade oil. If you do a search you will find info on how to choose good quality EOs.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |