Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fraxel Laser Tommorrow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie, i cannot agree with you more...Fraxel is...OUCH! Yes if you ask me, i was in pain. I usually have a high pain threshold, like when i had my tattoo done, it was nothing. But this FRaxel is pretty bad. They told me that I could get back to work after 2 days or so...it took me a week! I think i had post pigmentation inflammotory for about 6 months to be honest...I was a lot darker than before. But after the 6 months i was back to normal...So yeh...Fraxel, no thanks!!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR,
It's now been 6 months since your procedure. Any updates?
Thanks! R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Still glad I had it done and learned a lot from the aftercare procedures, which also helps. I think Amber (my ethesthitican)has perfected her method to prevent less breakouts, as that was my main problem. I will do it again probably in January. I have not had any down time to dedicate to recovery right now (I am hardly home as it is) and it took me a good month to recuperate. I am still seeing results though: firming, texture, etc and they say you can up to a year.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Don't be afraid at all. You are so lucky to have a chance to have this awesome treatment.
There will be a topical freezing applied before hand and the end results are not to be believed. Make sure to take before and after pictures!!!!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
cc428-Did you have the breakouts after your Fraxel? I compare the pain about equal to an IPL for me, but the bruising and swelling from the IPL are down within days. The Fraxel breakouts lasted about a month and a half and it took about 2-3 months for my skin to return to normal and show improvement. I just don't have to down time to hibernate that long right now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
[quote="AnnieR"]cc428-Did you have the breakouts after your Fraxel? I compare the pain about equal to an IPL for me, but the bruising and swelling from the IPL are down within days. The Fraxel breakouts lasted about a month and a half and it took about 2-3 months for my skin to return to normal and show improvement. I just don't have to down time to hibernate that long right now.[/quote]

Hey Annie, i have IPLs done as well, but i only get red from it for 2 , 3 hours and thats it. Nope i didnt break out at all with the fraxel, but boy was it painful!!! I think my setting was only 15, and it still hurt a lot. I was really really red, for at least 1 week, then came the peeling, drying out and the rest i dont want to think about...i only had one treatment and that wasnt enoigh for me to see the results. The machine i did it with was the Fraxel 700, apparently theres a new machine Fraxel 1500, which is suppose to be more effective and much less painful. Seems attractive, but i dont know if i can live with the pain again. Im currently doing laser genesis for acne scarring and skin tigthening, which seems to be working rather well, plus no pain and no down time!! But for deep acne scars which i've got on my cheeks, this wont do... Sad
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Amber says she has made some "adjustments" with the machine to prevent less breakout, because she had so many people with that reaction. In other words, I think the Fraxel rep came and had her turn down her settings and minimize pass over times.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to do Fraxel too. I have some mild, shallow acne scarring that bothers me. I can't believe you got a treatment at $675!! I've been trying to search for cheap Fraxel treatments in my area and the lowest I'm getting is $1,300 (for one) Confused.

It's good to hear good feedback from you though. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |