Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Best way to heal after blemish mark
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
The product I tried recently seriously disgreed with me (HA Soy Lift from perfectcomplexion), and as a result I have many red marks (some with scabs) left after the breakouts sort of healed.

What would be the best way to loose these unsighty red marks?

I did the search and found only a few references to Decleor Prolagene gel.

I am sure there are a lot more people experienced in dealing with that problem.

TIA,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Glycolic products (e.g. IS Clinical Active Serum) and peels (Juice Beauty, glycolic, fruit acid or lactic peels) and retinoids help your skin "turn over." I've noticed that since I've stared using Active Serum and Retin A any red marks I have (which are fortunately reduced with continued use of these strong products!) go away a lot faster. I personally don't think it matters which glycolic product you use for this purpose, so long as the percentage is high enough to do something. However, you obviously don't want to use these when you still have scabs or the spots are still sensitive -- it would make things a lot worse -- so I would suggest something healing on them (I use CPs and emu oil) in the meantime.

I'm sorry you have to go through this; it's never fun.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, StellaMarie.

It makes it worse that my skin looked quite good, except for the undereye area, when I tried that product. Now my entire cheeks/chin/under chin area leave a lot to be desired.

I use IC Active Serum and CPs with Emu, but it does not seem to work that well for me now. Used to in the past. That is why I was fishing for some additional trick to get rid of these unsighty marks.

Thanks,
Lucy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry. We've all been there, and I probably will do it again too, even though I too am pretty happy with what I use currently.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma, I know how you feel--- those red marks are just the pits (no pun intended, lol!). One thing you want to be careful of is not to peel the scab off too early, so treat any areas that are scabbed over very gently--- no scrubbing, and treat them with a gentle healing serum like Best Bath Store's Acne serum. Next, after the the scabs have come off and you're just left with those dreaded, unsightly red marks, there are a lot of good options. I would definitely recommend using some sort of prescription retinoid. I use tazorac, and I swear by it. I would also absolutely recommend Triple Lavender Face Foam, Chrysalyx, and Epidermx II, all from Naturderm. The Lavender Face Foam is VERY gentle but it contains enzymes to help your skin turn over more quickly. The Chrysalyx is light so it won't clog your pores but it will help your skin rejuvenate itself, and the EpidermxII is nothing short of a miracle--- it will make any other products you use work even better. Using the above combination of products, I went from having a face full of red marks to a 90% improvement in just 2 months time. Not only that, but I started seeing real improvement in just a week. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
i find clarisonic helped me on acne marks as well...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Dr. H Rejuvenating Mask and Asprin Mask (BHA)?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Wild Cat
Dr. H Rejuvenating mask helped me before i bought my clarisonic device!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am going through the same problem. My breakout caused by ISC has subsided & now I am desperately trying to get rid of the dozens of black marks all over my face. The last HUGE one left a mark that is an 1 x .5 inch on my chin! It was a pimple of a monstrous propopotion that I have never in my life experienced before. I think it was actually at least 5+ in one. Crazy! Good news is I think that that's the last one. Bad news is that it left a terrible mark. It's still very pink in the center w/a black ring around it. It is still raw, so I am not putting any fading creams/exfoliants on it. I am just doing a combination of neosporin & mederma to speed up the healing/drying up so that I can use the more aggressive peeling/fading products.

I did go back to using the Naturderm System - Triple Lavender cleanser, EII, Chrysalyx & Naturdermx, which I credit with helping my skin to calm back down. This was the line I was using before I tried ISC & had good results & no break outs with. I also have been using the Neutrogena Fading Peel & Juice Apple Peel, along with retin a & o2.

I am considering incorporating the ISC active, but still too chicken to try. It was something in the ISC line that caused this explosion of breakouts & I don't think I'm willing to experiment to find out exactly what it was.

I am going to try the 15% Mandelic Acid as I heard that it was good for fading marks,especially for tan skin like mine. I also am going to try the BHA/AHAs from I feel Pretty, instead of attempting to try the ISC bha/aha (active serum). Although my skin is acne prone, it is very rhobust when it comes to exfoliants. Kim from I feel pretty still suggested starting off slow with the bha & then working up. I am starting w/the 2%bha, then 5%bha, then 2%bha/4%aha, then 5%bha/10%aha. I am going to stick at each stage for one month. TCA peels don't even bother my skin, but I still want to take things slow b/c I want to avoid any potential breakouts. I think I may incorporate the bha/aha in the pm & then the mandelic in the am.

I think these products in addition to the Naturderm system will further help with the cell turnover. If I can find the right mix of acids to incorporate into my naturderm routine I am going to stop shopping around & stick with my routine. Good luck to you, & keep us posted!
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
This is an expensive suggestion but I have found that the Tracie Martyn Enzyme Exfoliant soothes the red marks and speeds healing of the scabs. I am talking here about the red marks from recent breakouts not dark scars that have been there awhile, the jury is still out for me on whether it helps fade the old dark scars. It does visibly brighten my face and it is great on the red marks and other irritated areas for sure.

ETA that I do not know how it would compare to acids, epidermx, etc cause my skin is too sensitive to handle any of the strong scrubs or actives, I do not use them.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
If you just want to hide the red while you heal, try BeneFit Boo Boo Zap to take the red and swelling out, with a heavy dose of B vitamins. Although you could DIY the Benefit stuff, it fits in your purse and you can reapply all day -- it's clear and goes through makeup.
also I niacinamide cream will take the redness out while you heal -- I've also found it speeds healing.
bb_pigeon
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
PCA SKIN pHaze 13 Pigment Gel contains 2% hydroquinone with kojic acid and AHA, it's is effective to remove blemish mark.

But it's a bit strong for my thin skin, I only spot on the acne.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
ISC Active Serum really helped a lot for my scars that the acne left. Maybe you should try that out! Surprised
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:

I have been using the Dr H mask but it hasn't done much for me. Confused Can I ask if you are using it overnight at all, or just using it for the 20-30 minutes?

TIA Smile
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty products are quite good, also some of my friends rave about Kosmea Rosehip oil.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
i use dr. H mask overnight and sometimes applied lightly to skin as a day cream... Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just recently started using a trial pack of Naturderm's EpidermxII and Chrysalyx. WOW! I cannot believe how much my old, old acne scars have diminished in only 4 days. It also is healing my current breakout much faster than anything I have ever tried. It really is the best thing I have ever tried.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
sueqlew wrote:
Well, I just recently started using a trial pack of Naturderm's EpidermxII and Chrysalyx. WOW! I cannot believe how much my old, old acne scars have diminished in only 4 days. It also is healing my current breakout much faster than anything I have ever tried. It really is the best thing I have ever tried.

sueqlew, it's like a miracle, isn't it? I had a face full of scars for MONTHS and I was convinced that nothing was going to touch them, and lo and behold, after using the Naturderm products consistently for just one week, my scars started to fade right before my eyes!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
sueqlew wrote:

Congratulations Sueqlew! That sounds wonderful. I ordered a trial sample of these products and I can't wait to try it, since I've read so many good reviews.
sueqlew
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
sweet28 I hope you get as good of results as I have!
Manslayerliz-I can't wait to get the foaming face wash-I think that it may finally put an end to most of my breakouts! Pray
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
sueqlew wrote:
sweet28 I hope you get as good of results as I have!
Manslayerliz-I can't wait to get the foaming face wash-I think that it may finally put an end to most of my breakouts! Pray

sue-- I think you'll love the face wash. I have to be honest here--- when I tried the facewash I thought it would just be a one-time thing because I didn't think anything could justify buying a $30 facewash on going, but let's just say I changed my mind in a hurry!! I don't know what it is about the facewash--- maybe it's the Russian Lavender, maybe it's the gentle enzymes, but whatever it is my face LOVES it. Please keep us updated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:

I have been using the Dr H mask but it hasn't done much for me. Confused Can I ask if you are using it overnight at all, or just using it for the 20-30 minutes?

TIA Smile

Most of the time I use it overnight or I would leave it on for hours after I got home. It takes time for red marks to completely disappear. Maybe your expectation was a bit too high.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Girls, thank you so much for wonderful suggestions and words of support!

I have tried some of the things in the past (same thing did happen before - no surprises here) and Dr.H mask did nothing for me, neither did Juice Beauty.

I have Naturderm's EpidermxII and Chrysalyx, and am going to give it a try. I am lemming the foam wash as well.

So far, what helped was IS Active serum. Also, yesterday I overcame the smell and applied the unfermented kelp staight on my face. It did help A LOT. Will try to do it for a few days and will let everybody know how it works out.

Thank you all so much - you are all great!
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Safire wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:

TIA Smile

Most of the time I use it overnight or I would leave it on for hours after I got home. It takes time for red marks to completely disappear. Maybe your expectation was a bit too high.

Thanks Wild Cat, I might use the Dr H overnight for a while and see how I go. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |