Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I used Epilady (the self-torturing device) on my mustache
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
i got bumps and discoloration on my bikini line too Crying or Very sad i can't decide if the bumps/discoloration look worse or being fuzzy. (oh my, i can't believe i'm discussing such things openly. i'll NEVER want to meet any of you girls in person!)

i've tried exfoliating the area twice a week, appling moisturizer daily to no avail. i'm dying to get the "Get the bumps outta here" cream if possible. if only EDS would carry them!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
aww.. Poor you! Have you tried applying oils? Like emu oil, etc?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
i got bumps and discoloration on my bikini line too Crying or Very sad i can't decide if the bumps/discoloration look worse or being fuzzy. (oh my, i can't believe i'm discussing such things openly. i'll NEVER want to meet any of you girls in person!)

i've tried exfoliating the area twice a week, appling moisturizer daily to no avail. i'm dying to get the "Get the bumps outta here" cream if possible. if only EDS would carry them!

are doing exfoliation like a loofah, or something like glycolic or salicylic acid? any kind of enzyme or acid exfoliant would work a lot better, and you can even make a homemade one -- there's a DIY version of TendSkin on the DIY recipes sticky. And you should do it every day. I have the same problem, and find that the DIY tendskin not only prevents them from showing up, but when does manage to surface, it reduces the redness and inflammation and helps it heal faster. hth!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to bump this to say that I just got the Emjoi EpiSlim, and it's a great way to see if you can handle this whole a-billion-tweezers-at once thing. It's only $15 because the head is very small and t's battery operated, and so far, I have just done my furry little winter belly, but it certainly worked well - there's nothing left! It didn't feel good, but not terrible either. I'm definitely getting the no scream cream before I even let it within a foot of my bikin line though.

edit: got curious and tried the bikini line anyways. Not that bad actually!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
waffle wrote:
I just wanted to bump this to say that I just got the Emjoi EpiSlim, and it's a great way to see if you can handle this whole a-billion-tweezers-at once thing. It's only $15 because the head is very small and t's battery operated, and so far, I have just done my furry little winter belly, but it certainly worked well - there's nothing left! It didn't feel good, but not terrible either. I'm definitely getting the no scream cream before I even let it within a foot of my bikin line though.

edit: got curious and tried the bikini line anyways. Not that bad actually!

Thank you. I've been eyeing this for awhile, ever since you mentioned it. Very Happy
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
waffle, thanks for the tip! i've been using manual scrubs like sugar/salt scrubs. Maybe it's time to go back to DIY tendskin.

i've tried it for a period but hate the smell of it.

ps do you girls moisturize after exfoliating?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
waffle, thanks for the tip! i've been using manual scrubs like sugar/salt scrubs. Maybe it's time to go back to DIY tendskin.

i've tried it for a period but hate the smell of it.

ps do you girls moisturize after exfoliating?

snowstar, manual exfoliation doesn't do much for ingrown hairs -- it just gets the dead cells off the surface so your skin doesn't look dull. But since ingrown hairs start much deeper, you need something to really speed turnover or clean out the pores. What don't you like about the smell of the DIY tendskin? you know, you don't have to make it wth witch hazel -- the asprin will dissolve in water or oil too, I believe. Salicylic acid is oil soluble, and I have made oils with 2% SA to accomplish exfoliation and moisturization at once. So you could skip the alcohol or witch hazel and use green tea or sweet almond oil or whatever. Then it wouldn't make you smell like a medicine cabinet.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
wow, i didnt think of using green tea or sweet almond oil. will give that a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use this cream that has tea tree oil, or aloe vera gel, after I wax. It's really soothing.
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
My mom had one when I was just starting to get leg hair, and she gave one to me, telling me how great and easy it was, and so much better than shaving. I'm STILL traumatized to this day....no wonder I have an aversion to hair removal now.... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
mper1327 wrote:
My mom had one when I was just starting to get leg hair, and she gave one to me, telling me how great and easy it was, and so much better than shaving. I'm STILL traumatized to this day....no wonder I have an aversion to hair removal now.... Laughing

yes, I think the only way you can really get excited about epilators is if you've already spend a billion dollars on waxing...then you're used to the pain and enticed by the price

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried waxing, and I don't think I ever want to either. Does anyone else remember that scene in the 40 Year Old Virgin? Not, I'm not quite as hairy as Steve's chest, but I AM Sicilian.... Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Is there anywhere you can buy Braun Silk-Epil attachment parts? Confused
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:17 am      Reply with quote
So far, I could only locate the Braun Silk-Epil 5270, and 5180.. I really want the 5680 though!! I really want the facial attachment..Mad Crying or Very sad
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Should I get the 5180 or 5270? 5180 has easy startup but doesn't have optiTrim, whereas 5270 is the other way around.
KathyJ
5% products discount

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have had the Emjoi Gold Caress for about 5 years and I love it, especially in the summer when I want to be even less hairy, LOL! The first time I used it, I took some ibuprofin an hour before (at the advice of my dermatologist) and the next time I drank a big glass of wine. Once I got over the initial fear, I realized it didn't hurt that badly. I love using it on my bikini area cuz I hate shaving there cuz of the stubble. I do have to use a loofah every few days to keep the ingrowns at bay. But, it is so nice to not have to shave every day...which this Italian does when not using the Emjoi. Over time, I have found the hairs to be less and less.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
My DH got me Braun Silk-Epil 5180!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried the epilator on my legs and armpits. It didn't really hurt as expected. Just a little pinch. Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
I just tried the epilator on my legs and armpits. It didn't really hurt as expected. Just a little pinch. Very Happy

You have such a sweet DH, Lisa. My bf would never have a clue to buy me any beauty products. He only takes me on a scuba diving trip because he loves scuba diving. I'm not complaining though because I can't afford to go scuba diving if he won't take me along. It's an expensive sport.
sunnir

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone help? I live in Southern Thailand and really want to buy a Braun Silk-Epil Soft Perfection (i live/work at the beach). I can have a friend bring one from the U.S., but I want a 220V, so I would like to find one at an online store in Singapore or Thailand that will ship to me here in Krabi. I cannot, for the life of me, find one! Any suggestions? I would be very appreciative. Thanks!
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
sunnir wrote:
Can anyone help? I live in Southern Thailand and really want to buy a Braun Silk-Epil Soft Perfection (i live/work at the beach). I can have a friend bring one from the U.S., but I want a 220V, so I would like to find one at an online store in Singapore or Thailand that will ship to me here in Krabi. I cannot, for the life of me, find one! Any suggestions? I would be very appreciative. Thanks!

wouldn't it just be easier to buy an adaptor at a travel store? and not sure if braun would make one for 220 since I'm not sure it's as international as brands like panasonic, which are also supposedly good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
I really want one now! Mad

xixi,me too!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
Lisey wrote:
I really want one now! Mad

xixi,me too!

Haha! I got mine on my birthday. You should get one too! It is so handy and convenient! Soo much better and faster than waxing! Worth every penny and not expensive at all! Now I'm going to have to chunk my waxing machine in the trash! Or maybe give it to my friend... Silenced
sunnir

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yes they definitely do come in 220V (Braun is a german company) and having to use a big old travel adaptor each time is a pain. I'll do it if I have to, but would rather order in Thailand or Singpore. Are there any Thai or Singaporians out there that can tell me the names of some online stores that stock such items? Thanks!
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:13 am      Reply with quote
How much does the Braun Silk-Epil 5680 cost? Does it come with a range of different heads?
Has anyone had laser hair removal before?
Is the pain from using a braun worst then laser hair removal?
PIty you cant trial epilator.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |