Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
your favorite beauty tool
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I do my eyearea as well, very carefully, it doesn't hurt, maybe it does make a difference the larger needles. Yes I read about the mousse as well too, that sounds very interesting. I go to Amsterdam in 2 weeks, I'm trying to find out if it is already on the Dutch market.....
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I do my eye area too- very gently. The only place it hurts me, is above my lips. I've only used the roller (0.75mm) for 10 days, so frankly I don't see anything yet. I slather on cp's and Retin-A on right after rolling, hopefully increasing their effectiveness-time will tell! Cool
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite gadgets:

1. Dermawand everyday (great for puffy eyes)
2. Quasar SP every 4 days
3. UP5 (microcurrent/galvanic) every 7 - 14 days
GetMyYouthBack
5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
My favorite gadgets:

Boski,

I am curious what is UP5, and what does it do? Also, how long have you used it?

Thanks.

44, 1/2 okinawan, 1/2 heinz 57 - dry skin, kind of dull in color, TOO MANY wrinkles under eyes when I smile...and puffiness or lumpy fat pads under eyes, looking for the magic pill to get my youth back
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
GetMyYouthBack wrote:
boski wrote:
My favorite gadgets:

Boski,

Thanks.

I could be mistaken but a search brought this up:
http://www.winhealth.co.uk/Advanced%20Skincare.htm

ETA: I've been wanting to purchase The Stimulec Facial Plus; from the above company. The unit where you sticky electro pads to your face. Anyone have any experience with it?
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
GetMyYouthBack wrote:
boski wrote:
My favorite gadgets:

Boski,

Thanks.

I answered in this other thread

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20731

It has multiple functions, cleans, tightens the skin and also is used to drive topicals deeper.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Let us know if you find out more about the Beauty Mouse. And anyone know how much it will be?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates from those of you using the dermaroller?

Any info on the availability of the dermamouse?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty happy with my .75 novaderm. My face is noticeably firmer and I can just see a difference. However, my face is dryer but still oily if that makes sense. The instructions say to use everyday but I'm thinking of maybe just doing it every other day. Though, the thought of going 1 day with out rolling sharp needles in my face makes really sad for some reason. Sad
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
GetMyYouthBack wrote:
boski wrote:
My favorite gadgets:

Boski,

Thanks.

It has multiple functions, cleans, tightens the skin and also is used to drive topicals deeper.

Hi, boski,

If you can only have one tool, which one will you keep? I don't think I can handle 3. I am lazy Very Happy

Thanks.

Jasmine
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
bump - as dermaroller is being asked about in Skin Care & Makeup forum

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Beautymouse news, I just received an email that in 3 weeks it is ready to send. I will email back in 3 weeks, the cost will be 169 euro, which is about 205 dollars.
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Will they ship to the US? Who did you contact?
hkyarrington
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if they will, they will ship to the Netherlands, I got an email from alexandra.schuetz@t-online.de

she works at vitaflux the German distributor company.

or see for others
http://www.dermaroller.de/Dealerlist.htm
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:
boski wrote:
GetMyYouthBack wrote:
boski wrote:
My favorite gadgets:

Boski,

Thanks.

Hi, boski,

If you can only have one tool, which one will you keep? I don't think I can handle 3. I am lazy Very Happy

Thanks.

Jasmine

I use each one for a different reason, so it would be difficult to give up any one of them. I don't use all 3 simultaneously, so it doesn't take up much time during the course of a week. I use the dermawand 5 minutes in the morning to depuff eyes and keep blemishes down. I use the Quasar 30 minutes once every 4 days for hyperpigmentation and skin tightening, and the UP5 for cleansing (3 minutes daily), lifting the facial muscles and driving topicals into the dermis (once a week). If I was forced to have only one thing, I guess it would be UP5 since it has multiple uses and is so easy to use.
lalaeds
5% products discount

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I love shu uemura's eye lash curler.
skodalady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Rubis slanted tweezers. I like these much better than the Tweezerman tweezers. They are great for getting small hairs.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Eyelash curler definitely and mascara with fibres...
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
eyelash curler! Laughing Laughing Laughing
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Has to be my tweezerman tweezers, mine are the really pointy lethal looking ones and my pout eyelash curlers.
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
the body shop's wooden massager(the one with four round balls). really helps untie the knots on the shoulder, can't live without it
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Boski wrote:
I use each one for a different reason, so it would be difficult to give up any one of them. I don't use all 3 simultaneously, so it doesn't take up much time during the course of a week. I use the dermawand 5 minutes in the morning to depuff eyes and keep blemishes down. I use the Quasar 30 minutes once every 4 days for hyperpigmentation and skin tightening, and the UP5 for cleansing (3 minutes daily), lifting the facial muscles and driving topicals into the dermis (once a week). If I was forced to have only one thing, I guess it would be UP5 since it has multiple uses and is so easy to use.[/quote]

Hi boski,

I have the Baby Q, is this machine different then ? does it actually work on the facial muscles ? I'm really tempted to get this,

thanks
Jackie
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Boski wrote:
I use each one for a different reason, so it would be difficult to give up any one of them. I don't use all 3 simultaneously, so it doesn't take up much time during the course of a week. I use the dermawand 5 minutes in the morning to depuff eyes and keep blemishes down. I use the Quasar 30 minutes once every 4 days for hyperpigmentation and skin tightening, and the UP5 for cleansing (3 minutes daily), lifting the facial muscles and driving topicals into the dermis (once a week). If I was forced to have only one thing, I guess it would be UP5 since it has multiple uses and is so easy to use.

Hi boski,

I have the Baby Q, is this machine different then ? does it actually work on the facial muscles ? I'm really tempted to get this,

thanks
Jackie[/quote]

Totally different technology involved. The Baby Quasar is strictly a LED device. The UP5 has microcurrent, galvanic, LED, plus magnetic features. I'm no expert, but the Quasar doesn't provide the lifting that I see with the UP5, but is better for hyperpigmentation and wound healing (to heal pimples). I can definitely tell a difference after I use the UP5 around the eyes, nasolabial folds and jowls. It makes me look more alert and refreshed.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
Totally different technology involved. The Baby Quasar is strictly a LED device. The UP5 has microcurrent, galvanic, LED, plus magnetic features. I'm no expert, but the Quasar doesn't provide the lifting that I see with the UP5, but is better for hyperpigmentation and wound healing (to heal pimples). I can definitely tell a difference after I use the UP5 around the eyes, nasolabial folds and jowls. It makes me look more alert and refreshed.[/quote]

Hi boski,
thanks for your reply. I have a device that is similar to the NuFace, I've had this one for years, but it seemed to make make broken caps worse,..would this then happen with the 'firming' function of the UP5 ?
soory for all the q's,
Jackie
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie,

No, it hasn't caused broken caps on me, but I usually don't get them and I use the UP5 only once a week. I'm not sure if you have thin skin or a tendency towards broken caps if it would be a good idea to use the UP5. Anybody else know?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |