Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

my results with talika lipocils after 30 days
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I posted some of these on another thread at two weeks, but now I'm at 30 days, so I wanted to post comparison pics for your review!

before talika:

at two weeks with talika lipocils:

and after one month, without mascara:

and with mascara (I took these in b+w just for fun:

--all lashes in pics are uncurled and bare lashes are freshly washed with only talika applied.
--pics emphasize top lashes but lower lashes have grown significantly, too!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Great results Avalange! And very pretty eyes! Smile

I have Lipocils and Revitalash, but do you think that I can actually remember to use them?! Mad I've got to come up with some way to remind myself to apply them every day.

In the meantime, I think I should take a couple of before pictures before my lashes look as good as yours. Very Happy

And a quick question... do you use it once or twice a day?
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
omg~ I sat down at the computer and opened this thread...then glanced to my right and my Soft Surroundings catalog was open to the page with Talika! (p. 33 E.) Is this a sign... Angel...from the patron saint of lush lashes?

Pretty eyes and results too. So these aren't fibers...it's actual growth; nice.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm loving the Talika and will stick by it. I like the gel more than the ointment. You got good results.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Do you ladies think Talika can really deliver comparable results to Revitalash? Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Your lashes look great.
Very Happy
Talika didn't do that to my lashes. Although, I don't think I used it for long enough though to be fair to the product.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
avalange, your lashes are looking great. Smile I used the Talika conditioning cream & I don't think it did much for my lashes. Sad But at the moment I am using Ardell & I'm pretty happy with it, I was going to post my pics but unfortunately I'm waaay too *paranoid* to post any pics online! Anxious Embarassed
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Great results! You have gorgeous beautiful eyes! Shock Shock Wink
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

Thanks for the compliments. I actually do not think there is that much of a difference, definitely not as much as the uber-lash serums can give you. These are pics taken at very close range; no one would really notice a difference if we were in the same room together. But I'm satisfied with spending $20 on something that conditions my lashes, and that does visibly increase length, color, and density (check out the edges of my right eye--lots of new, long, curly lashes there!). It makes me not afraid to wear mascara now, since I feel like my lashes are protected by the talika.

I apply it twice a day, when i wash my face.

And I love wearing mascara, since it can be a dramatic statement for me now, whereas it never was before!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
avalange, it's hard to see the growth because the pictures are at different distances. But it does look like you have gotten more. very pretty eyes btw, love your brows!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted,

i know, i discovered the digital macro mode after i took the "before" pics. that is why i think the 'progress' is kind of exaggerated, but it is still there!

thanks for complimenting my brows--i inherited them from my mom! i once had a saleslady at fresh ask me where i got my eyebrows done, and i told her that i don't, i just pluck the stray hairs, and she was extremely rude to me and told me that i was lying and that girls should share, and not withhold, their beauty secrets. if she only knew how candid i am on this forum--if i find something i love, i immediately share it!

--avalange

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
Great results Avalange! And very pretty eyes! Smile

I have Lipocils and Revitalash, but do you think that I can actually remember to use them?! Mad I've got to come up with some way to remind myself to apply them every day.

In the meantime, I think I should take a couple of before pictures before my lashes look as good as yours. Very Happy

And a quick question... do you use it once or twice a day?

Tam, if you have a cell phone, just program it like an alarm clock to remind you to apply it at 10 pm daily!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Avalange! Great job! The Talika worked for me, too, but it did not double my length. My original lashes that God gave me were really sad looking. When I was born, He was generous enough to give me all the vital organs, but when it comes to my lashes and my butt, he forgot about them. He gave me only enough just so I could say I had them, too.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Hi!

But I'm satisfied with spending $20 on something that conditions my lashes, and that does visibly increase length, color, and density (check out the edges of my right eye--lots of new, long, curly lashes there!). It makes me not afraid to wear mascara now, since I feel like my lashes are protected by the talika.

I apply it twice a day, when i wash my face.

And I love wearing mascara, since it can be a dramatic statement for me now, whereas it never was before!

--avalange

Avalange,
Where did you get your Talika that's only 20 dollars? The one at EDS is 38 Canadian.

Do you wear Talika underneath regular mascara?
They don't clump? Shock

Thanks,
Wild Cat

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
skincareaddicted,

i know, i discovered the digital macro mode after i took the "before" pics. that is why i think the 'progress' is kind of exaggerated, but it is still there!

thanks for complimenting my brows--i inherited them from my mom! i once had a saleslady at fresh ask me where i got my eyebrows done, and i told her that i don't, i just pluck the stray hairs, and she was extremely rude to me and told me that i was lying and that girls should share, and not withhold, their beauty secrets. if she only knew how candid i am on this forum--if i find something i love, i immediately share it!

--avalange

avalange--you're so lucky it's your natural shape and you can keep it up yourself. my natural shape is crap, makes me look something evil, so i always to have them threaded and they take a lot off!

what a jealous little mean saleslady! i always enjoy your posts, i wish i could be as brave with my pictures Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
avalange :Very pretty eyes! Laughing
Could you tell me how many times a day to use this wonderful talika?Thanks~~

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Do you ladies think Talika can really deliver comparable results to Revitalash? Shock

I used Talika before, too, and while I got good results, and I did get some increase, but it stopped at a certain point. Actually they said after 3 months, you can stop, and then you can wait a month, and do it all over again.

You have to use this AM and PM. I was very religious. However, when I ran out and stopped using it completely, I went back to the short Asian lashes. Very sad.

Oh, and NOPE, you will not get the WOOHOO double-length results like the super-duper JM or RL lash serum. I don't know what they got in them, but it's not the same as Talika.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Great results and beautiful eyes! Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Wildcat,

That should have been edited to read 20 Euros! I am still not used to looking at everything in Euros, which is quite dangerous. I just bought Talika at my local pharmacy here in Paris. I think it is a bit less expensive in Europe. For the degree of change you get, I wouldn't spend 38 canadian on it, though--people have reported similar results to mine with Ardell, which costs 4 USD, and you can apparently get revitalash for 90USD online! HTH!

--avalange

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Wildcat,

That should have been edited to read 20 Euros! I am still not used to looking at everything in Euros, which is quite dangerous. I just bought Talika at my local pharmacy here in Paris. I think it is a bit less expensive in Europe. For the degree of change you get, I wouldn't spend 38 canadian on it, though--people have reported similar results to mine with Ardell, which costs 4 USD, and you can apparently get revitalash for 90USD online! HTH!

--avalange

I bought my RL on ebay for $89, but not sure if this seller is still offering it. It looks legit. Hoping for great and extreme results.
patrice
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:24 am      Reply with quote
avalange I'm so thrilled you got such results from Talika. I tried it for 6 weeks and got no results. I did get one long lash but it fell out. Now I'm trying dreamlash on my left eye and RV on my right. It has been approx 5 weeks and nothing significant in length, tho they do appear more conditioned and fuller after stopping lash extensions which made my lashes fall out and get skimpy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

I used Talika before, too, and while I got good results, and I did get some increase, but it stopped at a certain point. Actually they said after 3 months, you can stop, and then you can wait a month, and do it all over again.

You have to use this AM and PM. I was very religious. However, when I ran out and stopped using it completely, I went back to the short Asian lashes. Very sad.

Oh, and NOPE, you will not get the WOOHOO double-length results like the super-duper JM or RL lash serum. I don't know what they got in them, but it's not the same as Talika.

I've actually nvr used any lash enhancing products yet, but I'm planning on it since I have sparse azn lashes Neutral.
How long have you been using RL and JM? And I've nvr heard of JM- is it an expensive product?

Any product that had cumulative results? ty (:
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only one who can't see the
images posted? I'd like to see the
results Surprised
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no... The pictures didn't show up Sad Thanks for the review though.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
my pictures are not shown either:(

Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Viz-1000 Intensive Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g)