Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for the ultimate serum, vit c+e and retinol
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I really need to streamline my skin care routine and would like to use just sunscreen in the morning and one serum and a moisturiser in the evening. I read somewhere that vitamin c and e are a powerful antioxidant combination and combine well with retinol. I have been doing some searching here and on other sites and the only two serums I have found so far with all three ingredients are ISC Pro Heal Serum and Dr Copeland's Revitalizing Formula with vitamin c and e. They both look very nice and I found lots of feedback on ISC, but I had a dissapointing experience with this brand. Super Serum was great in the beginning, but turned yellow before I could finish half of the bottle. Has anyone tried Dr Copeland's serum? Do you know of any other serums that contain all three of these ingredients?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Go with Candy's Triple C. I guarantee you that you will not find a Vitamin C product that gives you more dramatic results as quickly as her's.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Katee, but the vitamin e and retinol... Maybe I am being too greedy wanting an all in one serum Laughing
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Smoothskin,

Go to Vichy.com and look up the Reti-C Concentrate. It has vit c and retinol.

I don't think it has vit e, though. However, you'd probably have no problem finding a moisturizer with vit e.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I am going to be a nightmare here, I know, thanks RMB, but I am still holding out for all three ingredients in one. Since when did I become such a minimalist...
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
The fact is that most C Serums that do have retinol don't have enough of it to make much of a difference. And, Candy's Triple C serum does have Vitamin E.

I'm not usually this emphatic, but I'm quite convinced that you aren't going to get better results with any other C serum.

Let us know how your search goes....
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Katee, I was actually just thinking the same, that perhaps the retinol would not feature in a "proper quantity" in these mix serums.
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm actually looking for these too...
have never used any Vit C or Retinol, but these are getting rave review on EDS

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I thought retinol shouldn't be mixed with other vitamins or am I misinformed?
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I am happy to report that I have found what I've been looking for. It is Vitamin Infusion with vitamins A C & E by DCL (Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories). There are not many reviews of this brand on the forum, and I had never heard of it before so I am very excited to see what it is like. I will let you know how I get on with it. If anyone is interested there is a website:www.dclskincare.com
Thank you for all your suggestions Smile
jwils
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I have never tried this brand, but they do sell this at my dermatologist's office. Looking forward to hear how you like it.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
Hi everyone, I am happy to report that I have found what I've been looking for. It is Vitamin Infusion with vitamins A C & E by DCL (Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories). There are not many reviews of this brand on the forum, and I had never heard of it before so I am very excited to see what it is like. I will let you know how I get on with it. If anyone is interested there is a website:www.dclskincare.com
Thank you for all your suggestions Smile

Let us know how this brand turns out! Looks very interesting Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Where can we buy DCL products online for a good price? I am interested in the sun care products.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Where can we buy DCL products online for a good price? I am interested in the sun care products.

Where can we get it in Canada other than physician office? Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I would check the website for stockists or even contact them to find out Wild Cat.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I checked their website for a list of physicians in British Columbia who sell DCL products. Unfortunately, all three of them are really far from where I live. Sigh Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering how are DCL products
anyway found a product with C,E,A it's called DDF silky C and the c is ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate , it also has some nice oils and some q10 in it
hope this helps, I am going to try it tonight mixed with some tazorac
and yes I like to stream line my routine also
so it's allways sunscreen only am
pm retin-a , or tazorac mixed with an antioxidant ( love skinmedica C , vichy's BI-white) and only moisturize if needed, skip a night or 2 every once in a while
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nibu, the DCL serum turned out to be a fiasco. It might have been loaded with antioxidants, but even more loaded with silicon. It had a thick, sticky texture that was never absorbed and it had a horrible sting as it went on the skin. I actually returned this product and they did not seem surprised.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
but i COULD understand why so many cosmetics lines offer everything in a single application - simply to provide their customers with a choice, which one to use, but they should also offer an all-in-one product, as it is almost impossible to do a routine in the morning in less than 1 1/2 hours - with all those serums, waiting till its settled, then the next one... Shock
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |