Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Things you can learn from your cat....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Make the world your playground.

Whenever you miss the sandbox, cover it up. Dragging
a sock over it helps.

If you can't get your way, lay across the keyboard
until you do.

When you are hungry, meow loudly so they feed you
just to shut you up.

Always find a good patch of sun to nap in.

Nap often.

When in trouble, just purr and look cute.

Life is hard, and then you nap.

Curiosity never killed anything except maybe a few
hours.

When in doubt, cop an attitude.

Variety is the spice of Life. One day, ignore people;
the next day, annoy them.

Climb your way to the top, that's why the curtains
are there.
Make your mark in the world, or at least spray in each
corner.

Always give generously; a bird or rodent left on the
bed tells them, "I care."

When you have something important to say, try to say
it in the dead of night when you're SURE everyone's
sleeping. There's no better way to get the attention
you deserve.

Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
This is so cute & adorable! Very Happy Very Happy
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
This is called, "How To Wash A Cat"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9QwK5EHSmg
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Always give generously; a bird or rodent left on the
bed tells them, "I care."

rofl oh so true... I had a cat that loved to leave mice in mum's shoes... or birds in my bedroom.. and ALWAYS brought his mice up to the back door with him (though we got to know his "muffled" meow and refused to let him in) Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
a sock over it helps.
Very Happy

Lately my cat had developed this weird habit to drag a bathroom towel over her poo in our bathroom...well..We think she is doing her poo where we humans do... Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
tam wrote:
a sock over it helps.
Very Happy

Lately my cat had developed this weird habit to drag a bathroom towel over her poo in our bathroom...well..We think she is doing her poo where we humans do... Rolling Eyes

LOL.. Your cat sounds so cute and smart! Laughing
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:44 am      Reply with quote
I sent the link on to a friend.

On bathing my own cats, well, Rufus is a senior and I wouldn't like to scare her and the other younger kitty is just too fierce to bother. I content myself with the knowledge that they seem to stay daisy fresh without intervention from me.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:

I threw this on without any explanation! It's a REALLY funny 5 minute film. It's especially funny if you have ever tried to wash a cat!
kitty143
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:20 am      Reply with quote
That is a really funny film. Thanks for sharing.

What I learned from my cat is to do a double eyed wink as a friendly greeting. They always do it to each other and to me. So I do it back. It means something friendly in cat as I always get a cuddle when I do it to them.
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Tam Wrote
Quote:
Curiosity never killed anything except maybe a few hours.

When in doubt, cop an attitude.

Variety is the spice of Life. One day, ignore people; the next day, annoy them.

Climb your way to the top, that's why the curtains are there.

Make your mark in the world, or at least spray in each corner.

Always give generously; a bird or rodent left on the bed tells them, "I care."

When you have something important to say, try to say it in the dead of night when you're SURE everyone's sleeping. There's no better way to get the attention you deserve

One of my cats could have wrote this!! Bad Grin

Thanks Tam and Yogi, there both really funny.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:20 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:

LOL! Too funny! Takes for sharing!
Very Happy
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:

Thanks Yogi and Tam! I loved the film and the "Things you can learn from your cat"...too cute and funny! Laughing

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the midday laughs - that video was priceless. LOL Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, wiping tears off cheeks. Loved it!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:
tam wrote:
a sock over it helps.
Very Happy

LOL.. Your cat sounds so cute and smart! Laughing

Yes poohlisey,
We think our cat think she is human and she eats when we eat, she sleep where and how we sleep, now she poo where we poo Shock
No doubt she is a smart one
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent list and the video made me cry from laughing! I have to take my two baby monsters to a groomer and GiGi griped the whole time but was able to come out of it looking quite pretty...Rémy, on the other hand, just wasn't having it SO I must get him drugged before our next visit because he's got mats that he won't let me remove! Poor kitty needs downers.

The masters of the universe have a new toy that I will be installing when I get back home tomorrow - wait, you won't guess - a KITTY SOLARIUM! Yes, it's a kitty cat greenhouse that fits in the window so they can be suspended over the world and see EVERYTHING. I fully intend to wink twice at them when I get home and after setting up the solarium. Perhaps, they will then understand just what kind of freak they have for a mom. ;p

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:53 am      Reply with quote
So cute! Those kitties are just adorable.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Thanks tam and yogi Smile

My kitty does this thing where she will go through the motions of covering something up if she things it's yucky. When our old dog couldn't make it to the door to get outside to go to the bathroom (when she was old and not too long before she passed away) and messed on the floor my cat came up and went through the motions of covering it up. (Like she does when she uses her liter box). Also, if I put a treat out for her and she doesn't like it (I have yet to find a conventional cat treat that she likes... she prefers human food like avocado, salmon, butter (I once kept a list on the refrigerator of all the human foods she likes... it was something like 30 items long) she will proceed to "cover it up". Or if there's an empty plate on the coffee table she will go through the motions of covering it up like she recognizes that it's dirty or something.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:

My kitty does this thing where she will go through the motions of covering something up if she things it's yucky. When our old dog couldn't make it to the door to get outside to go to the bathroom (when she was old and not too long before she passed away) and messed on the floor my cat came up and went through the motions of covering it up. (Like she does when she uses her liter box). Also, if I put a treat out for her and she doesn't like it (I have yet to find a conventional cat treat that she likes... she prefers human food like avocado, salmon, butter (I once kept a list on the refrigerator of all the human foods she likes... it was something like 30 items long) she will proceed to "cover it up". Or if there's an empty plate on the coffee table she will go through the motions of covering it up like she recognizes that it's dirty or something.

That's so funny! Smile My cat does something similar... everytime she goes to her bowl to eat, she "cleans" around the bowl. She'll spend a couple of minutes each time, dusting the floor around her bowl. Once she is done with the floor, she starts wiping down the walls (her food is in a corner spot). If she knows that we're watching her, she'll pause to give us that look before she continues. Very Happy
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
tam wrote:
amnis wrote:

That's so funny! Smile My cat does something similar... everytime she goes to her bowl to eat, she "cleans" around the bowl. She'll spend a couple of minutes each time, dusting the floor around her bowl. Once she is done with the floor, she starts wiping down the walls (her food is in a corner spot). If she knows that we're watching her, she'll pause to give us that look before she continues. Very Happy

Haha same with my cat Very Happy We always wondered why she kept trying to bury her bowl Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
this thread is really funny! CAT?
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:28 am      Reply with quote
To all cat lovers, there's two series of fictional titles featuring cats Smile One is by Lilian Jackson Braun and the other by Rita Mae Brown. I love them so maybe other cat lovers will too Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Samantha! I'm always looking for a good book to read. I'm going to check your suggestions today. Very Happy
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I want to kill my cat...can I say that without the animal society whoever they are fining me?
Seriously, about a week ago, he peed in my sons bean bag chair. I had seen it there every so often and kept thinking it was mountain dew or someting (no I didn't sniff it) and just kept cleaning it up. It wasn't mountain dew and after I found it was there again last week I finally figured out what it was and threw it in the dumpster. Well, last night, the damn thing peed in my daughter bean bag chair and I had to throw that in the dumpster. One day I came home and he crapped in the hallway. I almost gagged and almost had to call my husband. He has a litter box but never used it so I threw it outside. Then it was inside and the stupid still didn't use it. So, no, I don't like cats that much. I didn't to begin with. It is my daughters cat. I never wanted it. Heartless.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
I want to kill my cat...can I say that without the animal society whoever they are fining me?
Seriously, about a week ago, he peed in my sons bean bag chair. I had seen it there every so often and kept thinking it was mountain dew or someting (no I didn't sniff it) and just kept cleaning it up. It wasn't mountain dew and after I found it was there again last week I finally figured out what it was and threw it in the dumpster. Well, last night, the damn thing peed in my daughter bean bag chair and I had to throw that in the dumpster. One day I came home and he crapped in the hallway. I almost gagged and almost had to call my husband. He has a litter box but never used it so I threw it outside. Then it was inside and the stupid still didn't use it. So, no, I don't like cats that much. I didn't to begin with. It is my daughters cat. I never wanted it. Heartless.

razinkane,
I am sorry that your duahgters' cat is being so naughty. But, if you take your time to understand felines...they pee on chairs, beds as a way of protesting. There must be something it is not happy about. If you can figure out why maybe can fix this issue.
Wild Cat

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |